Birdlocked - Infection

Discussion in 'Birdlocked' started by TCFun, Mar 28, 2009.

1. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    1:39 AM
    Last week I wore my birdlocked for 5 days straight without release. Of course I showered each day and used the jet shower to flush out the device as best I could each day. With a CB6000 I could use a sponge cleaning swap but this doesn't fit inside the birdlocked, so I did the best I could.

Well, yesterday I had to remove the device since my foreskin was beginning to swell - not circumsized. 24 hours on and the swelling has not gone down and it looks like I have an infection presumably from not being able to clean myself as well as I could in the CB6000. I have not had this issue in the CB range.

So this is just a warning that if you intend to have long term lock up with a birdlocked and especially if you are uncut, be very aware of hygiene. I would recommend removing the device for cleaning each day.

2. omega1111

omega1111 Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:39 PM
    Birdlocked claims it is made from medical-grade silicone, which is non-porous. However, it seems like due to the surface of silicone being better able at retaining moisture than the plastic surface of the CB6000 (I also have one of these, it cleans up really well/dry with a Q-tip) that is what most likely caused your infection.

Case in point, notice how in the CB6000 the water would form droplets after the shower which can be easily soaked up with a desiccant (baby powder) or a cotton swab -- I am sure this is not the case with the silicone birdlocked.

3. staci

staci Senior Member

self employed contractor
    s/e michigan - n/w ohio
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm thinking it's less about trapped water than it is lack of air to the skin and trapped perspiration.

4. sophia

sophia Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    I have exactly the same problem with cb6000. Maybe I am "on the big side" but I completely fill the cb6000. I use the biggest ring to ensure enough bloodflow and have to remove the cb for a few hours to get air. And for cleaning. For the night I have a bigger homemade device (wifes favourite since I can get a full erection but still not have a cummie...)
    Otherwise the foreskin get swollen.
    My best guess is reduced bloodflow and lack of air.

Sophia

5. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    It was definitely an infection. I've had swollen foreskin before from too muc skin being trapped in the device, and that swelling goes down after a few hours or so.

It's 4 days now and the swelling has almost gone thanks to liberal amounts of antibiotic and steroid creams. There was also slight skin discoloration and a lot of dryness. It wasn't until yesterday that the swelling noticeably lessened and it is still very tight to pull back over my penis head.

I'm sure the issue is that the holes are too small to use a good swab to keep everything clean inside, and the tightness doesn't allow breathing room. I live in Florida and it's been 85F/30C recently and the sweat cannot evaporate in the birdlocked. I don't think I will be wearing the birdlocked again any time soon.

6. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    12:39 AM
    Hey TcFun..I hope all works out for you and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was experiencing some dryness myself and wondered how long was a good time frame. I think you just answered a lot for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice