Ball Slippage(?!)

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by wnt2obeyphilly, Jul 12, 2023.

1. wnt2obeyphilly

Writer
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    I've tried several times to use a device. The major problem is that my scrotum eventually tightens up to the point where one festival will slip through the ring. Doesn't matter what the ring size is.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution for it?

2. indyguy_88

indyguy_88 New member

Local Time:
    When the boys get cold this will happen. So, keep them warm!

wnt2obeyphilly likes this.
  3. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    The solution is to have a smaller gap between the base ring and the back of the cage. This gap must be small enough to make it impossible for a ball to fit through.

4. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    6:20 PM
    totally agree, reducing the ball gap is key.

5. Otterlyfunny

Otterlyfunny New member

Local Time:
    I tend to have a similar issue mainly due to turtling. However, once the penis slips out, then after sitting there's room for a testicle to slip out...painfully. I have tried different ring sizes and wear the smallest that is comfortable. Next size down is painful and can't even get all the "pieces" through, or attaching the cage is impossible.

Is a strap a solution? Smaller tube?

6. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    A smaller tube will make the problem worse. You need a wider tube.

A big problem with the design of most chastity cages is that they have two circular rings, that are not centred on each other, the top edges of the circumferences are usually aligned together. This means that the centre of the base ring is lower than the centre of the cage. This in turn means that the gap at the bottom is bigger than the gap at the sides, exactly twice as big if the top of the two rings align.

When the two boys hang in symmetry, they're both slightly off centre and so aligned with a mid-size part of the gap. The issue arises when you twist and turn in your cage, or the cage rotates, allowing one of the two to line up with the widest part of the gap, at the bottom of the base ring. And he pops out, just because he can.

There are a few different solutions...

An ergonomic ring helps. They're not circular and do compensate more for the two rings not being co-centred.
    A ball separator helps. They effectively stop the cage rotating and don't allow the boys to occupy the 'danger zone' in the centre. Some guys like them, some find them uncomfortable, it depends on how tight your scrotum is and how high or low you hang.
    A support strap can help, also by reducing the amount that the cage can rotate around the base ring.

I've gone down the ergonomic ring route. I'm not keen on the additional items needed for the other solutions, and I like the aesthetic that the cage stays straight. It's more comfortable in other ways too, it prevents foreskin twisting in the cage and the cage feeling lop-sided when driving, working, sitting, standing...

Otterlyfunny likes this.
  7. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Have had a similar problem where one (usually the right) or sometimes both testicles slip through the ring - causes an ache to the point I've had to stop wearing for periods of time.

Currently using a 50mm ring size, but have just ordered a 45mm as logic suggested ring size might be the issue, but from what I'm reading here that might not be the case?

8. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    The problem is that the penis is extremely squishy when flacid, which allows a lot of room for a ball to slip through. If you have a base ring that is so small that a ball cannot escape when the penis is flacid, you will almost certainly find that it dangerously cuts off blood flow when the penis is not completely flacid.

The best way to prevent a ball escape is to reduce the gap between the back of the cage and the base ring. This gap must be small enough so a ball cannot fit through. Then you can use a base right that is comfortably sized.

9. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks and all makes sense - and yes am aware of the potential risks of going smaller ring size - think part of the problem is my actual "fit" in that regard is somewhere between the 50mm and 45mm standard sizes.

How would you reduce the gap between cage and ring though? The one I have is a fairly standard off the shelf item from a reputable company, or is it a case of finding a design with a smaller gap?

10. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    That depends on the cage.

With many plastic cages, you can use a heat gun to GENTLY soften the plastic, and then bend it to a better shape so that it fits. - Beware of using too much heat, if the plastic gets too soft it may just collapse, and some plastics don't take kindly to heat, they may burn or discolor. For plastics, using hot water is better than using a heat gun or oven, many plastics go soft between 50C and 70C, so a little more than hand-hot, but not too much.

For metal cages, with the post and padlock type of fitting, assemble the cage, put the base ring on a hard surface and press down on the cage to bend the pin(s) and close the gap. It's more tricky to open the gap by hand, but it's possible. Most cages are made of relatively soft steel so it is fairly ductile and not too difficult to bend.

For metal cages of the integrated lock type, it's easier to widen the gap than reduce it. With a file just remove a little of the open ring/tube that holds the lock to allow the cage to rotate around the lock away from the base ring. The gap will then be looser, able to flex between the old 'too tight' position and the new 'ok' position, but that won't compromise the locking action.

With all these adjustments, do a very little at a time and test. It's easier to repeat and adjust a little more, than to over-adjust and then have to revert or ruin either the adjustment or the whoile cage. For either material, If you can't wear the cage, definitely worth a try; if you can, at your own risk, be careful as it's all too easy to deform them too much, or break them.

Another method if you have multiple cages is to cut out the parts that fit and glue them together using expoy resin, which while fiddly to keep everything neat and clean (glue is sticky, especially resin glues!) it works really well on both metal and plastic, I once even made a hybrid cage using a metal ring and a plastic cage out of cages I couldn't otherwise use.

11. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks much really appreciated - the metal cage I have has one of those removable barrel locks so presume the first "metal" method described above should work, will see how it goes if I find the 45mm doesn't work for me.

12. gemini man

gemini man Member

Norfolk, UK
    Local Time:
    Quick update, the new 45mm ring arrived and after a couple of brief tries with just the ring that felt OK, moved on to having the cage on for an hour without issue, then 2-3 hours, and today has now been on for about 7 hours all without issue or me making any adjustments.

Will continue to increase the time wearing gradually but problem appears to have been solved simply by the smaller ring.

Thanks to all that provided advice above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice