My experience with Cherry Keeper

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by Shellysboytoy, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Shellysboytoy

Shellysboytoy Long term member

Energy Industry
    United States, East South Central
    Local Time:
    6:30 AM
    Hey, I recently decided to switch from metal to plastic. After much debate I settled on a Cherry Keeper (CK). I’m going to mention my opinion on CK specifically, then I will address my thoughts around Plastic Vs. Metal.

The first big win for CK were the options! While my wife has taken to the lifestyle quite remarkably, she never really cared about the cage itself. It was a means to an end as far as she was concerned. However, when she saw the small custom cage with the female symbol in it she got excited! Then she saw that we could get it in her favorite color, purple, she got REALLY EXCITED. It is perfect! Every time I look down I get a tailored reminder of who I belong to. Also, I love that we can expand the options in the future. I kind of want a spiked cage, and the additional cost in the future is rather low.

Next is price, I ended up buying two rings and two cages, to account for the dynamic nature of my junk (technical term). I opted for the smoothed finish in purple and white. In total it was around $200. It might sound like a lot, but I thought that for the level of customization it was a steal.

Next let’s talk about fit and finish. I went with the smoothed option, because I am too lazy to sand. It came out smooth but kind of tacky. It stays in place, but doesn’t seem to be rubbing in any negative way. Also, I want to address the tolerances. They are GREAT! All of my previous cheap cages have been a little fiddly. I have had metal cages where the lock didn’t slide in correctly. I’ve had cheap plastic cages where the ring and cage stuck together and scared the piss out of me. The CK? PERFECT! Cage slides on the ring, lock into the ring, twist the key and done! This is the first cage my wife has been able to put on, and, hopefully one day, take off.

Final CK specific note, the shape. The shape of these cages are more conical than cylindrical. For me this means that, for me at least, it fits a little more snugly than my similar length metal cages. For me, I like this! My urethra stays nice and centered on the opening! Also, I really like the opening for the urethra. It’s size and shape are really nice. First time with a new cage I slept through the night the first night I had it.

Plastic Pros:
    Light weight - makes exercising easier
    Cheaper for similar amount of customization
    Don’t have to fear having to go through unexpected metal detectors (my big concern given my job)
    So light, you forget about it at times

Plastic Cons:
    Hygiene. We will see. I think the cage design will give the CK an edge over other plastic cages. However, I still have concerns.
    TOO LIGHT! Sometimes the metal is nice. When my wife gets me all hot and bothered the metal felt good. The plastic makes me feel like a damn eunuch sometimes.

All in all, should've bought this a long time ago!

Lazlo Toth and NEsubhub like this.
  2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:30 AM
    I love my Cherry Keeper ensemble.

Shellysboytoy likes this.
  3. andie_cd

andie_cd Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    I too love my CK. The smooth finish was a good change. The ring on my first wasn’t smooth and it pulled and became uncomfortable at night. Haven’t had the problem with the new smooth one

The tolerances are great. My new smooth ring fits all the other CK cages I already have, also like the contrast on occasion of black ring purple cage.

My newest ones, in pink, are in production right now, supposed to ship by the end of the month.

Shellysboytoy and Lazlo Toth like this.
  4. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:
    How did you determine the best fitting cage and ring with all those options? It’s a bit overwhelming.

Beyondheat and gingers_sub like this.
  5. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Curious,

Ya gotta make your best estimate on size and style, then go for it. If you are like most of us, we refine our choices on the next one.

I like ALL of mine. Some better than others.

6. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:
    Thanks. I spent an hour on their website and think I have a better understanding of the options.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  7. Shellysboytoy

Energy Industry
    Local Time:
    Yeah, that is what I ordered two rings and two cages.

I will say, I did order a set of the sizing rings first. The 48mm ring fits perfect for me. I love the customization.

As far as the cages go. I had a cheap metal cage I liked, and used that as a guide. However, because of the shape of the CK cage, it fits more snug. But I like that.

Lazlo Toth and CuriousRK like this.
  8. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:
    I saw a reviewer mention they could go up a base ring size because they are light weight compared to my usual SS device. So I did that. And tried a vertical oval also. Hope to get it on and off easier/faster with bigger base rings. The headlock also looks interesting. Cannot wait to try it out to see if it meets my needs for metal detector situations etc.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  9. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    The vertical oval is a game changer for me.

It’s my favorite ring.

CuriousRK likes this.
  10. Shellysboytoy

Energy Industry
    Local Time:
    Okay, my interest is raised. What is the deal with the tall oval rings?

11. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Just seems to fit human anatomy better.

Think of a modern athletic cup. Taller or wider? It’s taller.

12. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:
    The stainless steel device I am wearing now is wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, and so it its like it has a vertical oval and it’s very comfortable. I haven’t tried a round ring yet, in order to compare.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  13. Deleted member 104385

I am interested in a ck. When it's time to get a lock cylinder. I know there's links on the faq page that takes you to Amazon but when I get to Amazon it gives me options for mini or small locks. Is it the mini or the small lock that works with ck?

14. Deleted member 104385

Also has anyone tried the head lock system cages? My only experience with anything like that was the vice with anti pull out and all it did was act like a ratchet so once the skin or penis worked it's way back out of the cage it stayed there.

15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I personally find the headlock to be a blessing and a curse. IF every single measurement was perfect, they work. Otherwise, your ratchet effect is correct.

I recommend tying a few cherry keeper cages. THEN try headlock. I own a headlock.

16. andie_cd

andie_cd Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    I like the headlock as well. Just need to make sure you measure well and take your time. I like the fact that CK is cheap enough that you don’t have hundreds of dollars invested just to realize it’s not the right fit.

If you have any other cages that fit well fine the measurements of those and use them to get in the wheelhouse of a CK. That’s what I did, my Kink3D fit well so I used those numbers and compared to CK.

CK, for me, is better then Kink3D, but hey, we’re all different!

Waveridr and Lazlo Toth like this.
  17. Deleted member 104385

Thanks for your advice.

andie_cd likes this.
  18. Deleted member 104385

Has anyone noticed that if you sand down the cage to make it smoother does it affect the finish and color if you purchase a different color other than white.

19. andie_cd

andie_cd Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    The original finish on the material was more rough. They have a new finish option that is smoother. Get the smoother one and i don’t think you need to sand it.

My first CK was the original finish and the ring was uncomfortable at night because there was too much “grip”.

I tried the new smooth finish on the next ring and it was what made the CK a daily wear item for me. So much so I ordered another in another color and just got it this week.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  20. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    They are deep down all white.

RIT dye works easily and cheaply to restore the color.

21. Deleted member 104385

Thanks for all the great advice. I have about 4 items in my shopping cart right now that way I could go back and not have to search for it all over again.

22. Deleted member 104385

I am thinking about getting this combo. Ck small cage and a tall oval base ring. Originally leaning towards the short cage with headlock but I think I'll keep it simple for now and depending on how things go maybe go smaller or do a more custom cage. I wear anywhere from 38-40mm base rings 40 being slightly big and 38 being just slightly small. And from what everyone is saying about the tall oval I figured I'd try that first. Screenshot_20230407-151053.png

Shellysboytoy likes this.
  23. Deleted member 104385

My only concern with this is the gap. I currently use a 1/2 in gap on my mature metal and it's still not right. Have to send it back to make it larger. Hopefully another 1/8 or 1/4 will.do the trick. Not sure if there's anything that ck makes or if she can customize the gap. Everything I've seen gives gap estimates based off of cage size and base ring size. Looks like bigger the base ring the gap gets bigger as well. And there's the problem I don't need a giant base ring. So my question is how do you have a bigger gap than what the estimate is for the cage and base ring sizes. I believe I read that with the short cage and the 40mm ring gap is roughly 11mm.

24. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    Pick a ring with + angle to increase the gap…

-d

25. Deleted member 104385

Thank you. I was not quite sure if I understood those rings that have the positive or negative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice