Antidepressants?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by lovetohearno, Sep 22, 2022.

1. lovetohearno

lovetohearno Active member

Accountant
    Northwest Indiana
    Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    Does anyone here have experience taking Lexapro/escitalopram? I’ve been taking it for over a year and I really hate how it has reduced my libido and ability to get and stay hard. I feel like the worst of the depression is behind me and I’m better now than when I was before. Thinking about reducing my dosage and weaning myself off of it. My wife has been very understanding about these changes so no problems there.

Would love to hear about other peoples experiences! Thanks everyone

2. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    A very god friiend of my wife has depressions and beeing from the pharma branch i know somewhat about depression and especially the drugs.

Even if it is understandable that someone wants to stop taking antidepressant - let it be because he feels besser, due to the sideeffects or maybe both please do not do i without consulting your doctor first.

And there are several reasons for that:
    You might feel somewhat better, but beeing the one effected your doctor might be somewhat more objective in regard to your progress. Further more he will have more experience in deciding if you can stop the medicine completely, just lower the dose or even should switch to some other less strong medicine. Because becoming better taking the medicine does not necessarily mean that it will stay that way without the medicine and hat is usually best figured out with your doc together.
    Last but not least: Yes, antiderpressant are in some way a kind of rat poison with lots of negative effects beside the ones you are looking for. Knowing those sideeffects you should be aware thaat you could get even worse sideeffects if you just stop taking a medicament instead of slowly reducing it in the correct way.

To cut it short: If you want to make any changes in your medication: Go to your doctor !

safety first ! ;)

lovetohearno likes this.
  3. lovetohearno

lovetohearno Active member

Accountant
    Northwest Indiana
    Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    I guess I should have been more clear that I would do this with guidance from my doctor! Thanks for the info

4. Prettysmall

Prettysmall happy for a change

Admin worker Hospital
    Sudbury Ontario Canada
    Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    You could try buproprin It used to be called the happy horny skinny pill It's not for everybody though as it's an atypical Anti-depressant anxiety medication Works for me though I tried a few others and I didn't really like them

lovetohearno likes this.
  5. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    3:01 AM
    I’ve used it. The effect for me was no drop in libido, but I couldn’t cum. Talk the doc, switched to a different type, problem solved. The point is we’re all different, and it can take some time to find the right medication that works best for you with no, or minimal side effects. As you’ve said, see your doc, they should be able to help.

Best of luck to you.

lovetohearno likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice