Authentic Cobra Durability

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by ChasteCouple82, Apr 5, 2022.

1. ChasteCouple82

Corporate Trainer
    Southern US
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    We bought a couple of knock off versions in our quest to find the right device to invest in for the long haul. The first one was cheap and broke within the first day. The second one, from a different vendor with thousands of high ratings on Etsy, seemed a lot better. It was comfortable, seemed sturdy, fit well, and HisKeyHolder82 liked the way it looked. I also liked that I wouldn’t need to schedule uncaging for hygiene a couple times a week like we do when I’m in my HT. After a couple of days, the one we thought would last a bit cracked around the connecting points on the ring and the casing around the lock.

Has anyone experienced that kind of breaking/fracturing from an authentic Kink3d device? If so, did the company do anything to make it right? Do authentic devices hold up well against normal day to day activities (work standing up for several hours, working out a few times a week, yard work, etc.)?

2. veron3216

veron3216 Member

Local Time:
    11:14 AM
    I’ve purchased directly from the manufacturer and found them to be very durable. I have not had any issues.

ChasteCouple82 likes this.
  3. ChasteCouple82

Corporate Trainer
    Southern US
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the feedback. How long have you worn it? What sort of activity level do you have that might have put extra strain on it?

4. veron3216

veron3216 Member

Local Time:
    My longest duration was around 5 days, but that wasn't a limitation of the device. For activities, I've done everything from operating equipment, yard work, washing cars, etc. without any issues.

5. ChasteCouple82

Corporate Trainer
    Southern US
    Local Time:
    Thanks. That’s encouraging

6. NEsubhub

NEsubhub Long term member

USA Nebraska
    Local Time:
    I've had my kink3d Cobra for a couple years. Wear it day and night, have an active lifestyle and have not had anything crack or break.

7. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    5:14 PM

Seriously thinking of getting a metal one from AliExpress.

Plastic knock off - I love the feel, but it's a bit flimsy. First night the cage lifted and the lugs came apart. It trapped my sack, and woke me up. I was gutted, as I fell in love the moment I put it on. Long-term I can't say, I wore it for about 12 hrs then switched back to my HTv4 Nano. It was LOctober.

8. BlackoutDevices

BlackoutDevices Owner of Blackout Devices

Canada
    Local Time:
    10:14 AM
    You probably won't get a reply from kink3d here but I can speak to the quality of the material.

They are 3D printed using Nylon PA12. I use the same material for my Blackout Evo though I think for a while the Cobra's were using a glass-filled version for slightly different properties (though I think they switched just to regular PA12).

Nylon PA12 is used for a lot of different purposes including medical devices because of its bio-compatible properties as well as mechanical properties. Its a material that is going to bend before it will break. From my customers I have only had one that has broken and that's because it was dropped on their tile floor and one of the arms broke off. Otherwise this is a material that is quite durable and a significant improvement over a lot of cheap, injection molded plastic cages out there like the knockoffs you will find.

9. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    I am currently wearing a Cobra N cage with an XD ring. Both were purchased from the manufacturer.

The ring has been in use since August, and the cage since November. No problems. Quite restrictive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice