Jailbird Cage Sizing Question

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by P&S, Dec 26, 2014.

1. P&S

P&S New member

Local Time:
    11:11 PM
    Hi all,

So, being new to the whole world of male chastity, we have explored the options on which device to purchase and have decided to invest in the Jailbird from MM.

I have a question on the sizing of the cage and would be interested in everyone's view. The question is this;

When choosing the size of the cage diameter, should one choose a size that provides a snug fit (measured when flaccid) or a slightly larger cage?

The basis of my question is formed in the fact that when wearing a cock ring of the correct size (which will be the size of the base ring on the Jailbird) the girth of my cock increases and remains increased. When the "morning glory" arrives and a full on erection occurs, the girth is twice the size of the flaccid measurement. I imagine that wearing the device when this happens would create quite a bit of pressure?

Now this may just be all part of the "package" (no pun intended) and I am not averse to general discomfort in the area, being well used to wearing cock rings and ball stretchers. I know how the body can adjust.

However, given that our goal is to have the device worn 24/7 for continuous periods of time (weeks/months), we want to get the sizing correct so as to (hopefully) avoid returns for adjustments etc.

So, the question remains - to go snug or not?

Views would be welcome

P&S

2. HAZMATCAGE

HAZMATCAGE Member

Local Time:
    6:11 PM
    I'm curious to know other's thoughts as well. I can fit in the 1 1/4 ring, but the 1 3/8 ring also fits without being loose. When flaccid, the 1/4 ring fits just fine and I can fit a finger under it. I am going to assume that I should get the 1/4 ring then.

3. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    The whole principle of the base ring is to trap your balls so that the device will stay on. Many people think that they should downsize to smaller ring to hold things tighter which is the wrong way to go. They think that a device pulling away from your body when erect can be controlled by the ring size. Devices only keep the part of the penis that is in the cage from becoming erect. Everything behind it will get erect and pull the device away from your body no matter what size ring you are wearing.

You should go with the largest ring you can get away with as long as your balls can't pull through between the cage and the base ring and this is done with correct spacing between the two.

I was comfortable in a 1 7/8" ring during the day but it was uncomfortable at night. I moved up to a 2" ring and adjusted the gap slightly and now I am comfortable 24/7.

Too small a ring and you will choke blood flow off and the slightest arousal will have you in agony. Balls turning blue when flaccid is a very bad thing. A little off normal color when slightly aroused is OK as long as they are warm. Balls turning blue when fully aroused is OK and completely normal as long as they go back to normal color when flaccid again.

@HAZMATCAGE, I would go with the 1 3/8" ring as MM can resize it for you if you find it too big for long term wear.

4. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    Was the question about base ring size or cage size? An open cage design like the JB is more forgiving in terms of diameter around your penis than a closed tube like a CB or HT. The usual advice is not to allow extra length or diameter because that allows a partial erection in the cage which increases the "pulling away" effect described above. The key to shaft measurements is to take a lot of measurements at different times of day. I took sort of the average of flaccid size and it worked fine. On the base ring, I also would say not too tight... if the 1-3/8 is not loose, I would go with that.

P&S likes this.
  5. P&S

P&S New member

Local Time:
    Thanks Nostromo... the question was about the cage size, but it's interesting to have had the input about the ring size as well - if only to confirm my previous understanding. So, I shall be going ahead with the JB and ordering a cage size that fits snugly to the average flaccid measurement. Many thanks to you all for taking the time to repsond. P&S

6. HAZMATCAGE

HAZMATCAGE Member

Local Time:
    Yes, the question was about cage diameter size. I wore a 1 1/4" ring on my penis all day today, and at times, the ring would fall downward, so I think to allow room for hygiene, this would be the way to go.

7. P&S

P&S New member

Local Time:
    Yes, hygiene is the other issue. Not having worn a cage before, this is something that I am curious about, however I'm not concerned as it seems that thousands of guys who live with a cage find their own ways and means of maintaining cleanliness. I'm expecting to do the same. Thanks for taking the time to share HAZMATCAGE.

8. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    Oops!
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I kind of read through your post quickly before posting.
    Actually, I'm kind of glad that I was wrong because as I was writing it, I was trying to be a nice guy and sympathetic as well.
    I was thinking and wondering who wears a 1 1/4" base ring? I can't imagine trying to get my nuts through it, never mind all my junk.
    I was feeling a little sorry for you, but glad that doesn't need to be the case for your sake.

Anyway, if you can fit snugly in the 1 1/4 ring go with that for the cage. Too loose and you will have problems when you get aroused. The key to the cage is snug but more importantly the length. You want the tip of your penis to reach the tip of cage when your are normally flaccid. To best describe that normalcy I use an analogy like you are doing something busy and you are so occupied that the last thing on your mind is anything to arouse you, then you have to take a leak and have to fish around to get your dick out to take a leak, That's the flaccid length you want for the cage.

9. P&S

P&S New member

Local Time:
    Thanks Chastingfun. Snug fit it is then!

I'm going to be posting another question regarding the device "slipping" down over a period of time. You might have an insight on that one too, but I will post the question with images shortly.

Thanks for the input so far.

P&S

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice