Autism - children and beyond...

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Lucy, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    I have an Autistic teenager - who is 6ft 2inches - 16 years old and really strong - and doesnt understand no - and is pretty hard to control - I sometime hate my life and him - and then have to remember he's my son...I am sitting barricaded in my living room because he is going mental and If I dont do this I will loose the plot -he has been tanting for nearly 2 hours now - I hate this so much! - so if sometimes I am a little grumpy and short on here you know why - He is not Mistress Deborah son he is mine and she has known him for nearly two years and she does brilliant with him - I am now fast approaching the end of my teather - I hoped writing this would give me time to vent my splean and save myself but he is bashing the door and trying to break in - I HATE THIS - I HATE IT ALL...

2. CorsetJane

CorsetJane Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Sorry to hear that @ philfred. Can't be easy at all. I have a friend who's son has similar problems and he was recently in a state trying to get him a job. All you can do in the circumstances is be there when he needs you and give as much love as possible. The mind is a very complicated thing, as we all know, and until we unravel the intricacies of the disorder we must unfortunately run with it as it is. I assume that you already have contact with families of other sufferers for support. I'm sure that, as with most autistic sufferers, he has other special talents and capabilities that none of us have.
    CJ

3. Susan S

Susan S Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    I do feel for you phlfred. I cannot begin to underside what your going thought. I do lead a very boring life relationship wise. Just me and the wife now. So we've only got each other to please.

It does help to vent your splean now and again. Take care and I hope it all turns out alright.

4. kickball

kickball Submitting to the power of a Domme

Local Time:
    I can honestly say I do empathise Pilfred, I don't know if this is of any use and you probably know about this anyway but I have a couple of thoughts that may or not help
    a) At 16/17, I expect your son will be soon be given the opportunity to attend a local or residential college dediated to children wth autism, special needs etc. I can tell you that some of the improvement and development of some children at these colleges is amazing.
    b) Charities are available to you, i.e Mencap that can help both the child/adult and their Parents
    c) Local Councils may provide a Carer for your son, this will mean some independence fo your son and some very well earned time for you.

Hope this helps and it must be very comforting to have Mistress Deborah with you

5. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    CorsetJane kickball Susan S

Thank you all for your kind words - Mistress Deborah has come home now and peace has returned to the house. I am so lucky to have her. Thanks again.

6. KristysBitchBoy

Local Time:
    6:42 PM
    Philfred I really do feel for you. I can't possibly understand what you must being going through, but I am so happy for you that you have Mistress Deborah in your life help keep you centered. I hope that you can get the help you need and that you can find some type of support from the people here.

7. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    My thoughts are with you both.

8. hammyma

hammyma Member

Local Time:
    First and all the way... sympathy for you and the rest of your family. So many of my acquaintances have 'lost' children in one way or another and those of us lucky to have got through to grandchildren cannot imagine what it must be like. The best advice is above: you don't have to handle this alone: there is help available out there.

9. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:42 AM
    I would like to add my voice to those telling you that yes, there is help available, at least in the (so called) civilized world. I do have some experience with autistic teenagers and in my experience, many of them can improve. Both people and organizations that can help both your son and your whole family do exist.
    Oh, and sorry for being blunt, but have you considered start/change of his medication? The situation you've described calls for it.

10. Mistress Deborah

Mistress Deborah Long term member

Local Time:
    sandman9355
    Yes this is truly a difficult situation and a scary one.
    As he is my step-son this akes my situation tricky.
    I haven't known him long - and autism can be very scary, scary as hell!
    Medication - we are loooking into this - do you have knowledge of this?
    I think it could help.
    Thaks for your in-put;)

11. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks to all for your kind words. I was having one of them days with him. After 16 years of it I should know better by now.. Lol but sometimes it can be too much. He is not medicated .. And is not something I have wanted to do but I need him to be safe... And this week so far he has been perfect..

Please don't feel sorry for us but do keep your eyes open and your mouths closed in public places too many people are there to tell you he's just being naughty or he's tired and when he was younger that I shouldn't do what I was doing... So think before you speak parents with children with special needs deserve support... Sorry ....

Regards
    Phil

12. kickball

kickball Submitting to the power of a Domme

Local Time:
    Mistress - I am sure you are being a real heroine to your sub and his son. From my perspective it is essential any mediation must be prescribed by your Doctor or your Hospital. Autism is incurable but your Doctor maybe able to prescribe something to calm him down. There are also lots of support groups who could help Autism sufferers and their parents/carers.

13. Mistress Deborah

Mistress Deborah Long term member

Local Time:
    @kickball- thankyou so much for your kind words- it's really heartwarming ;)

14. 2inch

2inch chasity,its for my own good

Local Time:
    4:42 AM
    im not a doctor, and dont claim to be smart or know everything, so this just my thought. 99.9% of that stuff is fake. i have problims with my life and my mental status , i blame all of it on myself . no one likes to be at falt or no parent likes to hear there kid has a problem, so the answer is to blame it on something else. in reality its lets go up and deal with what we dont like cuase the world wont custom fit for us . not saying ur son dont have a prob , but i remember myself at 16, the world owed it to me

15. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    2inch - thanks but no D my son was diagnosed at the age of 3! So I have known and dealt with it since then.... Poor Mistress Deborah has only known him 2 years - she does deserve a big medal she copes with him so well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice