Titanium BA-05 Review

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by gold_member, Dec 28, 2023.

1. gold_member

gold_member Member

Local Time:
    5:11 AM
    Hello all, I hope everyone's enjoying the holiday season. Having now had some ahem experience under my belt in my new device, and finally finding time to sit and type, I wanted to post a review of my BA-05. There seemed to be sparse few reviews during my own ordering process, so the intent of this post is to put something out into the ether for anyone else potentially interested in a BAWRPRO.

Ordering Timeline:

I placed my order on August 09, 2023 through https://www.bawrpro.com. The order shipped on Oct 20, 2023 and was received a week later on the 27th. This fell within their stated window of 8-12 weeks, and the entire process was simple and easy. I had to make a few adjustments during the ordering process, contacting them through their official website, and BAWRPRO always responded within 24 hours.

Shipping:

Not a lot to note. The package came from Dongguan, China and arrived in the United States. It took a few days for it to leave the Asian Pacific, and there was a small delay stateside due to a computer issue. This had nothing to do with BAWRPRO, who shipped the device the same day I gave final confirmation. BAWRPRO handled customs, so I ran into no issues in that regard whatsoever, nor did I even have to give it a second thought. They also provided a handy tracking number that allowed full visibility for the entirety of transit.

The Device:

I chose the BA-05 for a few reasons, but mainly due to its enclosed structure that still allows openings for hygienic purposes. This model does not have a hook for a PA piercing, and does have an opening at the front of the cage to make urination easier.

I opted for a security screw. This is a personal preference to avoid a clanking lock and to slim the cage's profile. The cage shipped with a number of replacement screws, rubber o-rings, and two specialized keys. So far these are working as intended; the screw itself sits in a small recession connecting the cage to the ring. The screw head has a special design aligning with the keys, and seems secure. I cannot get it to move with my fingers.

I also opted for an ergonomic flat ring. It's hard to find reviews for this ring specifically, but every one I've found stated it as a difference maker. I have to agree. The ergonomic flat ring is exactly the difference maker I hoped for, having run into issues with standard round rings in the past, it was definitely worth the price. The greater surface area allows for a much more comfortable fit, and the ergonomic structure prevents pain from behind the testicles (which has caused me epididymitis in the past).

Titanium was the final determining factor in purchasing this device, and again, it's proven the difference maker I hoped it would be. The comparison between titanium and stainless steel is stark, and holding my old and new devices in each hand clearly demonstrates the weight difference. This difference in weight is felt in real life, and has helped me stay active, as I barely feel the cage there anymore. Some may see this as a downside, but for me it was a selling point which was delivered upon.

Final Verdict:

It's a perfect device.

Since arriving on the 27th of October, I've taken it off exactly once for a check-up. There were no marks or abrasions, no sore spots, just chastity, pure and simple. After purchasing it for all of the reasons stated above, BAWRPRO has delivered on every mark. Granted, with my previous chastity experience, I was able to dial-in specific measurements, but if you've reached that stage too, I doubt you'll be disappointed with this device.

Hopefully this has been helpful, or at least interesting. Let me know if you have any questions, cheers, and stay chaste!

2. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    11:11 AM
    Thanks for the review. How much did the ergonomic flat titanium ring cost?

3. gold_member

gold_member Member

Local Time:
    No problem :)

I purchased both the standard round ring and the flat ergonomic ring for an additional $150. The gap sizes between the two are slightly different, and my thinking was that buying both together would prevent having to send the whole thing back if the ergonomic flat ring didn't fit how I wanted. All this said, I still have yet to use the standard round ring as the ergonomic flat ring fits so well.

Iron78 likes this.
  4. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    Great review, I have just received my custom BA-05 today and im very happy with it, I will post a new thread shortly!

gold_member and Iron78 like this.
  5. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    I wanted the flat ergonomic ring but the cost put me off, so far the standard ergonomic ring seems to be ok for me. I may go for the flat one if I order another device in the future.

6. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Yeah I also wonder about the rings.
    Round: $0
    Round ergonomic (bent): $0
    Flat round: $100
    Flat ergonomic: $150
    (titanium prices)

Is it really worth it? I get that the flatness will be more comfortable, do you think it also helps to keep the ring close to the body rather than falling down?

Is there any point in the ergonomic (bent) ring vs the standard round/flat ring? How is is ergonomic that it's bent forward at the sides?

Finally, what thickness is best to order? I'd imagine the thicker the more comfortable, but also the heavier. This is where I think the flat ring for $100 makes sense (although not sure if the extra flat ergonomic for another $50 is worth it?)

Stephplayswithyou likes this.
  7. gold_member

gold_member Member

Local Time:
    Hi there!

I'm unsure how much the ergonomic flat ring would cost on its own since I opted for it with the standard ring in combination. I also cannot say whether the ring would be worth it for you or somebody else, only that it's been worth it for me.

I forgot to mention in the original post, but BAWRPRO also included an elastic strap with snap-on buttons to keep the cage close to the body. I tried it out, but quickly took it off and haven't found it necessary. The cage does seem to stay close to my body on its own, or at least close enough for me personally where I haven't experienced noticeable issues during 24/7 wear. I have had cages "sag" on me before, and the lightness of titanium helps in this regard as well.

I'm unsure exactly what you mean by "any point" in the ergonomic ring, but if you mean a physical point on the device, then no. Compared to a standard ring, I would describe it as a "wavy oval", with the waves designed around the testicles and mons pubis. I used BAWRPRO's reference page to get an idea before ordering.

Lastly, as far as thickness, I did not specify and went with the thickness offered by default.

Hope that helps, but let me know if I left something out or if you have other questions :)

Iron78 likes this.
  8. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply! So here it mentions a "round flat ring" for $100 (titanium) or an "ergonomic curved flat ring" for an "uncertain price". Did you get the latter for $150? Or you mean you got the round flat ring for $100 + an addtional round standard ring for $50?

Sorry for my wording, I didn't mean a physical point, but just "is there any reason to go with the ergonomic curved ring" vs a normal round ring. Like on this picture it shows the curve, and getting a curve is free for the standard ring but (apparently) costs extra for the flat ring and so I wonder if that curve is actually more comfortable or not?

gold_member likes this.
  9. gold_member

gold_member Member

Local Time:
    No problem :)

To be as clear as possible, BAWRPRO offers the option to order two rings at the time of purchase instead of just one. When I ordered the ergonomic flat ring, I added it as a second ring in addition to the standard round ring that comes with the device. I'm unsure what the difference in price would be if the standard ring was replaced by an ergonomic flat ring instead.

As for the curve, it seems to help keep the device closer to my body and I've felt less pull on the base of the scrotum, an issue I've had before with standard round rings on a different device, and which has actually caused epididymitis in the past. For these reasons, I would definitely say the ergonomic curve is more comfortable.

For some added context, the only measurement I was still a bit unsure of was the ring gap. I also shared some of your reservations about whether curving or flattening the ring would make a true difference. I knew I wanted to try it though (or a double-ring, to be completely honest), and to lessen the chance of needing to return the device for adjustments, used the opportunity to order the standard ring with my "standard" gap, plus the ergonomic flat ring with a more dialed-in gap. The standard ring has yet to be used, which is a testament to the ergonomic flat ring's comfort.

10. Jackmanhattan

Jackmanhattan Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for this review. Would it be possible to post a picture of this ergonomic flat base ring?
    I’m also in the running to order my cage from bawr but having difficulties with the base ring

Too small and I can’t stay the ball burn. A bit larger and my balls escape.

Thanks!

11. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    #11 CS2, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    Ball escape is a ball gap issue, you need to work out what you can get it down to without a ball slipping through while minimising the burn. He can add you an additional ball/scrotum pressing ring as he calls it if you need it

12. Jackmanhattan

Jackmanhattan Member

Local Time:
    The whole gap thing is, in my opinion the most difficult one to get right.
    I’ve seen the option for the extra scrotum ring but I’ve seen some reviews saying to caused a lot of burn.
    I’m still intrigued by the ergonomic flat ring. Especially after your good experience with it.
    Have you a picture of the ring, or of the whole setup?

13. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    Yeah it is the hardest to get right, I have the standard ergo ring, when I first got my cage I tried it without the additional ring and it was very comfy but once a week or so one of my nuts would escape. So I started using the scrotum ring, no more escapes now. I find I get the ball burn mostly 2-3 days after lockup a little bit of hand moisturiser stops it, after about a week or so it pretty much disappears.

You can see the scrotum ring in this pic, it basically decreases the ball gap between the bottom of the cage and the main ring:

[​IMG]

upload_2024-2-13_8-36-31.png

14. TiGuy

TiGuy Member

UK
    Local Time:
    also worth mentioning (not that anyone asked) that whilst one can bend / adjust a steel cage at home yourself within reason, titanium doesn’t work like that & what you receive is how its staying.

I was able to slightly adjust my steel Jailbird (bending ‘basering post’ angle) to be spot on, then used that measurement to determine my titanium BAWR ball gap requirement.

CS2 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice