Sizing help

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by ninnymugs, Aug 10, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. ninnymugs

ninnymugs New member

Local Time:
    12:09 PM
    Need a little help. Just ordered my first custom cage. Thought it was right size, but apparently not. I very confident that cage itself is correct size. Not to large and not stuffed in. Pretty sure it’s the base ring. I was able to slide out of device after on for a while. Also. Is the gap part of my issue? I went with 3/8 gap. Just looking for some general advice. I’m able to order a different base ring with my device. Its an amicus if that matter at all. How tight should I need the base ring to be to stay on and still be decently comfortable for long term wear?

2. Deleted member 75752

For me, my base ring is just tight enough that I can slip a pinky finger in.
    I can slide out of any device when soft, that is why I am secured by a PA piercing.

3. jim48

jim48 Long term member

Retired
    las vegas, NV US
    Local Time:
    9:09 AM
    The base ring should be tight enough that you can only slip your finger to no more than the first knuckle. Also the cage should fit snug for the most comfort. No extra space at the end.

4. Fisherman

Fisherman Long term member

Local Time:
    You could check your ring dimension with a string. Tie a piece of string around yourself in place of the base ring. Make it snug but not tight. Cut the string and measure the length.

Divide the length by 3.14 and you will have your correct base ring diameter.

5. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    Do yourself a favor and order a set of sizing rings

true42, lockedforfun and ChasteCel like this.
  6. Robins toy

Robins toy Active member

Local Time:
    For some reason, I found the use of "pi", in a forum that so often talks about other types of "pies" , extremely humorous!

7. Fisherman

Fisherman Long term member

Local Time:
    I could have had him divided by 3.1415926359, but I didn't want to risk having to clean up a pi.:p

8. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    I too recommend ordering a set of non-stretchy sizing rings, they worked really well for me to nail down the exact size.

You can also do it with string or something as suggested above - but get something that doesn't stretch (at all), or it'll screw up your measurement.

9. Mistress Janie

Mistress Janie Long term member

registered nurse
    Virginia, USA
    Local Time:
    #9 Mistress Janie, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    This points out the reason one should not invest in an expensive or custom cage until they are absolutely certain of correct sizing. Purchasing one or more cheap chinese cages is an inexpensive way to experiment, this is what I did with my sub-hubby when we started with chastity. Sizing rings might also be good, but personally I never tried them with him.

As already mentioned by others, the base ring should be tight, only the tip of the little finger should fit underneath when he is soft. And the cage itself should be snug if intended for 24/7 wear, as my hubby's is. He says that his short snug cage is much more comfortable for long-term wear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice