How snug a fit should a backring have ?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by garner, Feb 9, 2019.

1. garner

garner Member

Unemployed
    Hjerting , DK Denmark
    Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    I am currently trying to find the correct size back ring for, since i am planning to buy a made to measure metal chastity device. I am a little in doubt if have found the correct size backring, so i would like to ask here on this forum for advice.

I have bought a rubber O-ring that have a inner diameter of 44 millimeter. When i am wearing this O-ring around my scrotum and penis, and i am completely flaccid, i can with a little difficulty push all of my index finger in under the O-ring. Would you say that i have found the correct size backring with 44mm , or should the back be a little smaller in size, so that i can only push my index finger under the ring, up to the big joint on my finger ?

2. Naljeans

Naljeans Active member

Local Time:
    9:21 AM
    It should fit securely, but not cause discomfort. The fit will vary under different conditions. Wear the ring for a few days to test the comfort. If it moves around too much, repeat with a smaller ring.

If you’ve selected a custom maker, check with them on which test rings to use.

KatlynAshe likes this.
  3. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    It sounds too big if you can get your entire finger through, but the material might make a difference.

I highly recommend buying the sizing ring set from MM. It will give you a much better idea of the right base ring size, plus you can figure out the right cage diameter which is also very important for comfort.

4. garner

garner Member

Unemployed
    Hjerting , DK Denmark
    Local Time:
    The material the O-ring is made of, is only 3,5 mm in width. This could be a reason for why i can put my entire index finger under the ring i think. The rubber material can also stretch a little.

5. KatlynAshe

KatlynAshe Busy busy busy

Local Time:
    There is a huge difference between metal and soft materials when it comes to comfort. Probably the biggest problem though is sizing and finding a ring which you can wear during the day and night. During the day you often can wear something somewhat smaller, when you are capable of calming down your erections and preventing yourself from a cock breaking hardon.

Nightime is problematic though and most people have to have a slightly larger ring to prevent their penis from turning colors and waking with extreme pain during a nightime erection.

From what you're describing something very close to 44m is the correct size. But if you're ordering a custom chastity be careful. I would highly recommend ordering a very cheep device with different sized o-rings to try in metal to get a good feel for what sizing works with you in metal. Its much better than getting a 200+ dollar device you can't use.

6. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    10:21 AM

When I first went custom I ordered the MM set too. I also recommend it. I forget the exact differences, but they have only a few mms diameter difference between the rings, so it helps you get to the right one (or, like in my case, identify I needed to go between 2 pretty easily - 45mm was too small, 48 mm too big. I ended up with 46).

I suggest wearing the ring for a few hours, and then when you have it nailed down pretty close, overnight, to get the best idea of what size you want.

7. TheStirringLion

Trainer of Trainers (Fancy Teacher)
    Chicago
    Local Time:
    As someone who just got into this, I will tell you, it was not easy to find a fit. I found that a bit of trial and error is going to happen. The back ring I use, after 2 other tries, fits the way i like it. It is snug but has room for movement and scrotum adjustment. I found if I went tight the skin would "grab" and chafe. It depends on how much pressure you want, but anything that can cause harm you want to stay away. My comfort would be the gap up to my finger bend as you described. As a newbie I am scared of cutting off blood flow and loosing a testicle or two. As today is my third time locking comfortably I will say, you do not want to go to small, and it is ok to have more space as you get into it. I rather go tighter later then to tight now.

I read somewhere that when you find your fit, you will know it. But as a new lockee I will say even I look to make sure that color is good. Some pictures you find have some darkening of the penis and scrotum, every comment I see on that is "to tight" unless you get someone looking to make you hurt who says "nice" Follow your body and play it safe. I agree with others and support the sizing kit. I know how it feels to be excited and want to hop into it full force. But when you wait 4 weeks or 8 weeks for a bad size, it ends up a waste of money and time. I hope this perspective helps you.

I said it many times already. This forum is such a great place to learn about these things. I am always up to support with these things. I know how nice it is to have support and it helps me learn as well. Best luck Garner and I think I speak for most when I say we are here to help you as much as possible. :D

Denied Pleasure, Mash2214 and boisub like this.
  8. garner

garner Member

Unemployed
    Hjerting , DK Denmark
    Local Time:
    Thank you so far for all your tips and advices. The truth is that i in fact already own a custom made to measure stainless steel chastity cage, from a well known American manufacturer of male chastity cages, with a good reputation. I ordered my device with a 42 mm oval backring ( which i thought was the correct size for me ). When i wearing the 42 mm ring it does sit so snug, that i infact can't get my penis to be fully flaccid.

Therefore i am thinking that going down to try a 43 mm O-ring just to see how much more snug it will be sitting. compared to the 44 mm O-ring.

Since i live in Denmark i am not planning to buy the set of sizing rings from Mature Metal. The 44 mm rubber O-ring i bought from a local hardwareshop and this ring costed me only 50 cent. I might get a 43 mm from the same shop, since this a very affordable price :)

TheStirringLion likes this.
  9. TheStirringLion

Trainer of Trainers (Fancy Teacher)
    Chicago
    Local Time:
    Oh cool! I am glad out insight is helpful, you may even be more experienced then myself. I found that rubber/silicone gave a tighter “ illusion “ becuase it it’s natureand natural grip. But as a fitting tool it may be genus.

Tell us more or this experience :D wishing you the best luck!

10. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    7:21 AM
    I would suggest getting plastic sizing rings if you can, not rubber. The surface will be smoother -- better sense of the type of friction you'll experience with a metal or plastic cage. And the plastic rings won't bend or stretch, so more realistic and thus better for seeing how it fits to squeeze the package in.

11. NuderThanNude

NuderThanNude Active member

Engineer
    Nerw York
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    "Quote - "I read somewhere that when you find your fit, you will know it. But as a new lockee I will say even I look to make sure that color is good. Some pictures you find have some darkening of the penis and scrotum, every comment I see on that is "to tight" unless you get someone looking to make you hurt who says "nice" Follow your body and play it safe"

My scrotum is normally considerably darker than the rest of my skin so I have been having a hard time telling if my ball ring is too small. The color with the cage was a dark red but not blue or white. I have seen some temporary edema in some area where there was some pinching but my scrotum and balls aren't cold or numb. After 4 days of 12 - 16 hour wear I decided to take a break because my scrotum was sore and my balls hurt some where they were resting against the ring. I do normally have a tight scrotum that is almost always in a ball. So how does one tell if the ball ring is too tight.[/QUOTE]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice