Cage in carry on?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by JKL, Feb 3, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. JKL

JKL Active member

Rome, Italy
    Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Traveling by plane in a week and wife wants me to pack device in carry on. I am hesitant as I am afraid the CB will be visible in the x-ray when they X-ray the bag and that will raise questions. Any advice regarding a smart way of packing it?

ugams likes this.
  2. lockeduplondonboy98

lockeduplondonboy98 New member

Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    If it isn't metal it shouldn't be a problem and wouldn't really raise too many questions. If you pack all of the bits in different parts of the bag I don't think someone, who isn't into chastity, wouldn't clock on to what it is or have ever seen one possibly. And if they are into chastity they'll probably give you that look cause they know whats going down ha

Goddess Gaia and Tom Allen like this.
  3. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I won't risk taking the stainless device on a carry-on. Last time we traveled, I packed the CB3000, in separate sections just as @lockeduplondonboy98 suggested. The cuff ring was attached to something in my backpack, the lock and pins were attached to my keys, and the cage was wrapped in something and stuffed inside a shoe.

The next flight I take, I'm only bringing a backpack, so I'm trying to figure out how to make that work. But again, I won't risk the A272, just in case.

4. RangerCuck

RangerCuck Long term member

Local Time:
    I've worn and carried my plastic one through without any issues at all. I sure wouldn't wear a metal one through security, but I doubt the TSA people would even notice it in a carry-on. They're trained to look for specific outlines and shadows. I can't begin to imagine how many dildos they see on just a typical day.

5. KatlynAshe

KatlynAshe Busy busy busy

Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    If it were me, I would have a cheaper plastic or metal device for travel. Next time I travel I plan to carry on my happy go which is a small metal device.

If you look at TSA rules you can LITERALLY take meat cleavers, ammunition, bb guns etc in checked in bags. Carry on bags are more strict but you can still take a variety of metal devices so long as they are not sharp.

So if you are concerned and taking a meta device then just check your bag and don't worry about it. There are far more dangerous things inside of checked bags. If you are only doing carry on then stick to a plastic device and you shouldn't have any issues. You could even use your chastity lock to seal your bag o/

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  6. Cowboob

Cowboob Trans cow

The Woodlands, Texas
    Local Time:
    Due to getting to the airport late, I had to check my bag at the gate with not one but two metal cages in it many months back. It thus had to go through the carryon process and the guy didn't say anything about it, though I did have to throw away my screwdriver.

7. CZSteve

CZSteve Caged Submissive to my Beautiful Wife/KH n2toys

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    My Wife and I recently flew for a brief Vegas get-away.
    We put my stainless Mature Metal Jailbird in her purse (carry-on) which went thru the x-ray scanner without any problem - chastity devises are not against FAA regulations.
    The cage and a-ring was left assembled and held together w/ the lock IIRC; no one said a word in the check-point line, neither heading our or coming home.

I'm generally kept caged 24/7.
    For our trip, my Goddess removed my cage just before getting into the car together, kept the cage in Her purse, and then once thru security we went straight to a restroom where I used a stall to lock back up with my Goddess timing me to ensure I wasn't sneaking an opportunity (besides, she would know if I had done anything) - IIRC I took a pic showing the lock hasp fully locked as She normally closes the lock.

Some may say this is pushing a kink on unsuspecting / possible vanilla TSA employees.
    I can understand this argument but disagree. I have zero problems w/ TSA or security protocols in general but this is the profession these folks chose for whatever reason, they know they'll be examining many private aspects of an individual. Chastity is not illegal nor against FAA/TSA regulations and while I agree that openly advertising or flaunting kinks is questionable at best I'm not going to let a TSA checkpoint alter how we choose to live; now here in this circumstance, I'm talking about a carry-on bag as opposed to wearing on my person where it 'may' slow down the process

Side note:
    We took a day trip to Hoover Dam. Upon walking up to the visitors entrance we were greeted by a metal detector and a young security guard. Figured WTH, I'll walk thru and see what happens... The frame scanner sounds and then I was scanned by a hand wand where it picked up my cage - I just said "Body Jewelry" and allowed to continue on. ;)

8. KatlynAshe

KatlynAshe Busy busy busy

Local Time:
    Actually that's a really good point. Any tools you need to adjust your chastity are probably a bigger problem if you don't check your bag. Since as Cowboop mentioned screwdrivers are a no go for carry on.

9. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    7:32 AM
    I’ve carried my MM Jailbird through security several times without incident. I’ve done it both with all three pieces (ring, cage and lock) carried separately in my bag, and wearing the base ring through the metal detector with the cage and lock in my bag. Either way I unlock just before security and relock just after.

No one has ever needed to look in my bag, and when I’ve made the metal detector beep, I’ve just told them it was body jewelry and been sent through the scanner.

I am signed up for TSA precheck, aka “pay some extra money to not be be subjected to as much security theatre.” YMMV.

10. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I won't spend a lot of time thinking about it, I'm sure the TSA sees all kinds of interesting things in a day. They're really trained to look for things weapons or explosive devices. While a chastity device is not prohibited the only thing you have to really worry about is some over zealous agent considering it as a weapon. I'm guessing that, unless you have hung like the proverbial horse, that's not going be an issue.

I've carried a knife like this one on at least 20 flights.

SAK_0_6223__S1.jpg

11. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    I'm surprised to hear you say this, @Tom Allen, as experienced and even-keeled as you are about all things chastity. The concern is with someone seeing the cage and knowing what it is, or something else?

So far, I haven't gone through security wearing my cage, but it hasn't even crossed my mind to worry about it in my carry-on. Hard to imagine any fevered TSA imagination thinking it's a weapon (small, no sharp edges, etc.), whatever they think it is. And if they guess or recognize it's a cock cage, so what? I'm never going to see that person again, and I'm sure they see all sorts of strange things every day. Certainly they see lots of vibrators and other sex toys!

12. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    I've both worn silicone cages thru TSA, and gone unlocked carrying my metal cage in carryon thru security to reinstall at the first restroom on the other side. Not an issue.

PaleAsTheMoon likes this.
  13. Doug Scibor

Doug Scibor Long term member

Technical
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Local Time:
    My Mature Metal and another Chinese cage have been through the carry on Xray about 10 times without so much as a pause in the screening process. I don't routinely lock up when I travel but I have travelled with my cages without any concern from TSA about what's in my bag.

Could that change? Sure. Would that be different at different airports? Sure. Might the scrutiny be more or less at non-US airports. Yes.

Chastity cages aren't on the list of weapons or concerns for TSA so even if it gets them curious, it isn't highly likely you'll get anything more than a question.

14. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    While you know, and I know what these devices are, I decided that I did not want to take a chance that a TSA agent here, or one of their counterparts in Europe would be unfamiliar, and stop to either ask questions (which I might not feel like explaining in a line of people) or confiscate it with or without my knowledge. It's not even the expense - the A272 can be had for $25 plus shipping - but I know that it has no fit or finish issues, and I can't be assured of the quality of the next batch.

For me, it's just as easy to pack the old CB3000 and all the plastic rings and spacers that won't trigger anything, and it's the safer way to travel.

PaleAsTheMoon and cshorts like this.
  15. NsToy

NsToy Long term member

Florida, US
    Local Time:
    I've carried on with my metal cage multiple times and no one has said a thing. They are worried about safety and not embarrassing you.

16. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    I put my Bon4M steel device in my carry-on with no trouble. I did separate the rings from the cage.

17. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm not as entirely trusting of government appointed agent as you are, I guess. ;)

Billus likes this.
  18. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. Put it in a plastic bag and label it "sex toy" and no one will want to touch it.

boisub, Rectrix and Tom Allen like this.
  19. Varmint

Varmint Member

Local Time:
    TSA officers ( they are not Agents, that is a very different job series) are not exactly the cream of the crop in the law enforcement world. Personally I think folks are generally awful to them and I think they have a hard job with little no thanks from most folks.

I've been to the training facility where TSA sends new employees... the newbies are typically high school grads. The turnover rate is extremely high, and the pay pretty low. It is an absolute roll of the dice as far as the competance and tact of any of them.

That said, they get very specific training on what to look for. Chastity devices are not included! If it doesn't look like something from the training manual, they shouldn't and almost certainly won't say anything. Throw it in your carry on and dont worry about it.

20. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Okay, that might apply to the US, but what about in Europe?

Look, I'm not going to say that nobody should worry about it. I am saying, however, that I'm taking the safer route to avoid potential aggravation.

21. cagedjon

cagedjon Long term member

Sales
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Safest way is to pack it in carry on. The rule could be that the minute you pick up your case at the luggage carousel you have to go to the men's room IMMEDIATELY, cage yourself, lock yourself, and photograph this. Then send photo to wife. Same effect, and much safer

22. cagedjon

cagedjon Long term member

Sales
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    sorry, meant pack in in checked luggage. My bad.

23. slappy

slappy Long term member

Local Time:
    How was Hoover dam? Was it worth the trip from vegas?

24. Varmint

Varmint Member

Local Time:
    Fair point. And full disclosure I've never traveled with one, so what the heck do I know? I guess if / when I do I'd just throw it in checked baggage and not worry about it. Or just wear all plastic and wear it through security. I do wonder what if it would show up on the full body scanner? Not that I think they would stop you if it did...

25. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    I flew back from Brussels with a chastity device in my hand luggage. They really are much more concerned with screening for guns, large amounts of potentially explosive liquids and electronic devices that can contain a bomb. It's easy for them to see that a steel chastity device is just that...a hunk of steel.

Really, you are overthinking.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chastity cage lift

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice