Which type of lock you you use and why?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by VinnyDfl, Oct 29, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. VinnyDfl

VinnyDfl Active member

Local Time:
    10:15 PM
    I have been locked in chastity 24/7 for 14 years now and on the honor system for much longer before they sold mass market chastity cages, at least small enough to fit me. :) I have had many cages, too many to remember and used all the different locks out there and here is my opinion.

I will be switching to the numbered plastic locks this weekend. My reason is that the cage I am using now uses those cheap and not reliable cabinet locks. Twice I had to cut myself out of a cage, one a Holy Trainer and another a cheap metal one from Amazon. I actually have a heavy duty bolt cutter, files and one of those string like saws to use when I need one. I am so paranoid now that I was buying a new lock each month because I am locked all the time except for one minutes to clean up when I shower and then locked again. So my locks are subject to stress and water all the time.

With the cabinet locks used by most these days, what goes is that the end that rotates stops rotating. At least that is how mine got stuck. Do not trust them anymore. I got a cage that uses them but also sells a plug to accept a plastic lock which is arriving tomorrow to solve my problem. I have a bag of 100 plastic serially numbered locks. What we did in the past is record the number of the lock and when I shower under wife's supervision, she checks the number to make sure it is the same lock she put on me and then gives me the new lock and records its number. Easy system.

Just as secure and no weight. I had switched to an Arbus small lock but that limited my choice of cages and never found a small enough cage that used a padlock and was comfortable. Then I had file the corners as they are sharp and put a rubber band around it to keep it from clanging against my cage and making noise. Even muffled I feel it banging as I walk since at home I only wear loose gym shorts. They are not waterproof so I used to change them out for new ones every few months or so. If they were feeling harder to open then usual I would put a new one on.

I could live with a padlock but the good ones are heavy and negate the lightweight cages I buy by making them heavier. I tried small cheap padlocks but they are not made for 24/7 wearing long term either. You may have noticed that Holy Trainer has switched to a new type lock. I think all the postings from guys like me who got stuck in a HT sent a message to them about the locks they were supplying. To ruin a $100+ cage to cut it off because of a $5 lock is ridiculous. I started buying the German made ones for $25, I think.

I have many locks and do not trust any of them for wearing 24/7/365 enduring daily showers and my wife twisting my balls and whipping them which in turn twists the cages putting pressure on the locks. I know that I sound paranoid but try getting locked in your cage a few times and not being able to get out without buying tools to do so and you will see what I mean. I have had surgery that was done by going through my penis twice and in one case it was emergency surgery after an ambulance ride to the hospital and if I had a cabinet lock on in the middle of the night on a Sunday with limited staff and surgeons, I might have had more serious problems. That is why I worry. I learned a valuable lesson from my fetish sex life. It is what you never think will happen that bites you in the ass when you least expect it.

Anyway, what is your feeling on locks and which do you prefer for 24/7 wear?

ugams likes this.
  2. HabsFan

HabsFan Member

Local Time:
    I really like the Mature Metal security screw over the padlock. Just way more comfortable for long term 24/7 wear. Of course, you lose the "allure" or that feeling of seeing that lock click or unlock as a screw is not as exciting. I'm locked long term and rarely unlocked so not seeing the pad lock get unlocked or locked doesn't matter to me as much as comfort.

The key isn't the sexiest thing but what we did was put the security screw key in a lock box, then have a padlock on that with a nice key from chastity-shop that she can wear.

3. TangoSub

TangoSub Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    My current cage is an HTV5 knockoff (pink of course) off of Amazon. It has the lock built into the cage/ring. Its a larger key than most but works well for me

I have used a variety of padlock types in the past. It was kind of fun to hear it bounce against the cage when I was being pegged.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  4. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    4:15 AM
    I have the integrated “cabinet lock” type..

just as @VinnyDfl said:
    They are not the best..
    I had one recently where the very tip of the key broke and I couldn’t pull it out anymore with the key. Luckily it did turn the lip at the end so with help of some pliers, managed to get it out!

I changed to the original “burgwachter” lock which seems to be of a much better quality…

Caged4Sazz and madams-sissysub like this.
  5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    3:15 AM
    same here, the burgwachter it a lot better, and my device has a double lock so I use a padlock as well.

Pieterchaste and Caged4Sazz like this.
  6. tinynails0

tinynails0 Member

Local Time:

the chaste bird one? did you size the ring up? i'm going to buy the knock off of ali expres and maybe buy two with two different sizes.

i have had plastic ones before and my dick just flops out

7. Deleted member 109631

Security screw are my choice.

Pros: super discreet, low profile, and really secures the cage to the base ring (as in literally zero movement at all once installed), very little weight.

Cons: can take a bit to get used to putting them in. Can take long to remove as well if your k/h wants you out. Not as quick as a pad lock or internal lock cylinder. But if your in chastity you're not taking it off all the time anyways right. Lastly you can strip the screw out or mess the threads up and I've heard some say it comes loose on them over time having to re tighten it. Also some people think that you can just get a tool from you local store to un screw it, most custom makers like mature metal make their screws something you CAN'T buy off the shelf to unscrew. So you can't just buy a torx screw driver and think you've got a set of keys your key holder won't know about. the key they send with the screw has the unique design to fit the screw.

hardbodysub and Littlejt1 like this.
  8. newplay

newplay Long term member

retired
    Illinois
    Local Time:
    I have used all 3. only one has the internal lock but that cage is not metal so could be cut off
    the suitcase locks work good but might make noise so I put a rubber band around it if I worry about the clink

then to plastic seal. which is nice to use in shower or in the tub.

9. Deleted member 109631

Yes that's another thing to consider thanks @newplay .

Say you're going to the beach. Sand and pad locks, internal cylinder locks don't mix well. Not really worried about salt water or anything like that but sand is the enemy. I'm sure you'd wash the salt water or lake water off after anyways which is fine, but sand will get inside the lock and once that happens good luck getting it all out.

10. newplay

newplay Long term member

retired
    Illinois
    Local Time:
    caged muscle
    never thought about sand and locks. I have used the plastic seal in a hot tub and such so no worry about water in the locks and having to clean them out after

11. TangoSub

TangoSub Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    The NUB version worked the best for me to prevent pullouts/etc...

https://www.amazon.com/Fancalen-Lei.../B0C9LZV1PH/ref=psdc_1243841011_t4_B0BXDBM35T

Multiple ring sizes. I switch between the 50 and the 45.

12. PupJack_DC

PupJack_DC WTB MM Queen's Keep / Jailbird (profile for specs)

Local Time:
    Can you share a pic of the cabinet lock?

I like the tubular cylinder locks found on HTv2-4. They will oxidize. You can buy more keys and locks on Aliexpress for around $2/each.

I used to get off on the sound the padlock on my CB3000 would make while I was getting pegged. Now I get off on hearing my owner’s keys jangling.

13. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    7:15 PM
    #13 Elfman, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    So, like, I mean, why wear a cage at all if you can just cut yourself out whenever you want?

Also, I got a device with security screws, because they seem to me to be the hardest to get out of.

14. submascpartner

submascpartner Active member

Local Time:
    We’ve used a Burg Wachter for the past two years for pretty much all possible scenarios. Daily showers, sweat from working in the yard, salt and sand at the beach etc and it has not failed us ever.

sonhee likes this.
  15. Steelwerks Slave

Steelwerks Slave Steelwerks Slave

SW USA
    Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    Recessed S screw with a slot for a security seal. Really difficult if not impossible to get out. Security seal is just in case I could get my hands on a spare s key, Mistress would know.

hardbodysub likes this.
  16. Bootslaves

Bootslaves New member

Local Time:
    Hi not sure exactly what these security screws are do the replace your current cylinder lock or something like that thankyou
    I'm currently using

Attached Files:

17. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    I kind of like the new Holytrainer lock. You unlock with a key but you lock it with the press of a button. Because often after a "session" I stay unlocked until the next morning and then I'm expected to self-lock again after my shower. This would mean either bothering her for the key to lock myself, or keeping the key in a public place where I can access it (simpler for her but less fun or me).

hardbodysub and herluckyboi like this.
  18. Bootslaves

Bootslaves New member

Local Time:
    That type sounds interesting how does a buttom work for locking then .have you a link or anything so could have a look please

19. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I share your dislike of traditional padlocks, bulky, noisy, and worst of all they tend to pinch skin if it pokes out between the bars, all my earlier cages had them, no future cage ever will.

I much prefer the smoother outline of an integrated lock now. I don't share your concern though about locks getting jammed. I've washed, showered, bathed, been on sandy beaches and gone swimming in the sea, I don't even bother trying to protect them now, nothing seems to affect them, and they're all cheap Chinese ones.
    And if they did get stuck? Well, she wasn't letting me out any time soon anyway!

herluckyboi likes this.
  20. herluckyboi

herluckyboi Long term member

Local Time:
    I am locked in an HTv5 Nub and we really like the lock. She unlocks me twice a week for cleaning and shaving and just needs to unlock and then I simply relock by pushing the button after cleaning. No need for me ever to actually possess the key.

ugams likes this.
  21. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    https://www.holytrainer.com/orgasm-denial/specification-chastity.asp it's on their website

I really wish something like the Burgwächter integrated lock existed that can be locked without the key.

hardbodysub likes this.
  22. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    The security screws are generally only with custom devices (MM, MCN, BAWR), and some of them have proprietary screw heads that come with a special “key” that will only fit that particular screw head to unscrew/unlock. They aren’t torx or Phillips or any other kind of “off the shelf” pattern so very hard to unscrew without the matching key.

hardbodysub likes this.
  23. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I like that combination too.

24. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    Thanks, that’s a really cool concept. I love the idea that locking it is really quick and easy, and the key isn’t even needed. I’m not thrilled about the other aspects of the Holy Trainer, though, found it not particularly secure nor hygienic. I much prefer a metal cage, and wish they could accomodate a lock like this.

25. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Same! If there was a generic version of this it would be perfect. I'm still not quite sure how the HT lock works. Probably a spring that gets compressed when you press the button and then the key makes the button go up again?

hardbodysub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice