KINK3D Cobra - advice on base ring needed

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Ackwon, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Ackwon

Ackwon Active member

Local Time:
    11:56 AM
    I bought a knockoff Cobra Nano from Amazon previously and found them to be quite comfortable, so I went ahead and ordered the authentic one from KINK3D.

I got the Cobra N+ with all three different types of Size 2 rings (1 3/4 inch / 44.5mm).

My main issue at the moment is the size of the base ring. I have tight scrotum and small balls unfortunately. In my previous experience with other ball-trapping devices, they either hurt a hell lot or the balls get out easily.

If I use the Curved ring, my balls could easily escape from the gap between the ring and the cage, but if I switch to the Standard ring, I am getting quite a bit of redness around the bottom of scrotum after wearing it for 3 days.

Now I am not sure if the redness is solely due to the ring being too tight - in fact I think it’s more to do with the pressure from the cage. If I wear the ring without the cage, I don’t feel any pressure at all and the size of the ring is a good fit in my opinion.

I have just ordered Size 3 rings now (1 7/8 inch / 47.6mm) and hopefully will be able to try them out soon, but meanwhile I have a few questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer.

1. I have quite a bit of redness and skins peeling off under the bottom of the scrotum. I am wondering if this is solely because the ring is too tight? As I mentioned, i feel it is quite comfortable with the Curved ring which has the same diameter. Is it possible that the skin peeling is because of moisture around the ring?

2. Regarding lubes, I currently use a combination of KY Jelly and Vaseline. I know Vaseline is commonly used, but is KY Jelly a good choice (in terms of keeping the skin smooth but not accumulating moisture)?

3. Is there anything that helps speed up the healing for the redness/skin peeling off?

4. What are recommendations for going to the office? We usually wear jeans but should I choose a tight one or not in the groin area?

5. The whole reason I am using a chastity device is that my missus wants to spice things up. She doesn’t want a penis that can never get hard again. She just wants better sex from time to time, and I want to keep myself away from jerking off all the time. What is an appropriate period to keep the penis in a horny state without causing any long-term ‘side-effects’? (I say side effects but I know many people here love to keep the bird small and flaccid which I totally support. It’s just my missus doesn’t want that unfortunately.)

Thanks in advance for any comments and replies here.

2. Aussiecple

Verified Female

Northern Territory, Australia
    Local Time:
    8:26 PM
    Hopefully the next size base ring will alleviate the issues.

Mr Aussiecple had a similar issue when we first got our Cobra, would pinch around the base of the scrotum after a day or 2. We initially went with the same size base rings that we have been using for years with other cages.

Ordered the next size up and curved (large balls and low hanging) and no more pinching :)

Hard-Aching-69 and Ackwon like this.
  3. Ackwon

Ackwon Active member

Local Time:
    It’s amazing how the body adapts to the cage (and eagerly tries to escape from it).

While I am still waiting for my 3 XD ring to arrive, my 2 Standard ring has changed from too tight and small to not tight enough. Balls are now escaping from it. I guess I am going to change to 2 XD after all.

4. Gigs1256

Gigs1256 Member

United States
    Local Time:
    5:56 AM
    I realize it’s late to this conversation- but I will provide a few thoughts that may be of no help at all. I found the Kink3d cobras too coarse in their sizing steps to be useful. I tried literally every combination of rings to cages that were close to my size without much luck. I found myself wanting a 2XD Curved, which doesn’t exist. My problem seems to be very similar to your issue- 2XD was tight and caused skin/sack burning and eventually a small sore with peeling skin. The 3XD was too large in maybe one out of five days. Lastly, the Kink3d had too much play in the cage to ring interface where the gap would open up from 8mm to 13mm on the 3XD, which was probably all of the issue with that size. I’m high and tight and the compression of the cage to the sack was also not great. Certainly not a deal breaker, but I could see improvement by changing the angle.

I just received a Cherry Keeper, and this is working much better. There are so many ring options, it’s amazing. I ordered a 48mm double ring with -8 degree bend to tighten the ball gap to a long/wide cage….this was a standard item in her store! Feels great so far. I have another device on order to test out though- we’ll see how comfortable each are over the next couple of months.

I would honestly try another maker. Kink3d had too much movement that I could only fix with zip ties- which is ridiculous. The connection on the Cherry Keeper is more robust/rigid and doesn’t allow any meaningful flex- it’s just a better design. The ball gap you order is the gap you get. Good luck!!!

5. Ackwon

Ackwon Active member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the detailed advice! I actually just ordered a Kink3D’s wide cage to reduce the gap between the cage and the ring. If that doesn’t work, I will have to try cherry keeper.
    I now have an N+ standard cage, an N+ wide cage (yet to arrive), a 1XD ring, a 2XD ring, a 2 Standard ring and a 3XD ring. There has to be a combination that works for me (hopefully)!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice