I want to pledge my support for the Ukraine and it’s citizens

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Suewiang, Mar 2, 2022.

1. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    i think that Mr Putin is a very nasty man so there.

ampallang4 and JaySaysYes like this.
  2. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    SIR JOHN SAWER

Former MI6 Chief On Ukraine and Russia Conflict

at
    Oxford Union

JaySaysYes likes this.
  3. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
  4. subhubandy

subhubandy CFnm loving sub hubby

Delivery Driver
    Omaha, NE USA
    Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    Vlad must have thought the Ukrainians would not fight. Fight they have, now Vlad needs a way out. Russian looks like the invading Germans of the forties...

5. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    I just feel sad that NATO prove they are all talk and no action as always. They are very good at getting splinters In there backsides from in action sitting on the fence. And the more that join the worse it has got.

it needs one country with a backbone to stand up and help fully then others would be embarrassed and join as I feel it’s the only way

6. Artem

Artem Active member

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    #31 Artem, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022

7. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Finished your sentence.

...to nuclear war.

subhubandy likes this.
  8. jemima

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    well round here on the little doggie mess boxs they have put a piccy of Mr Putin and under it it has got Poo Tin. giggle. :)

subhubandy likes this.
  9. steph17

steph17 Junior Member

Local Time:
    It is plain to read here where peoples loyalty lies, one or two are defending a tyrants regime, we all know where this train of thought leads, and just a point to ponder- if putin cant put Ukraine to the sword then who in hell thinks he could deal with Nato (fools).

10. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Everyone that is capable of rational thought and second level thinking does not want a NATO(Nuclear) war with Russia.

11. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    @JaySaysYes,

Thank you for that video link. I need to watch it in its entirety, but I did watch about 15 minutes of it scanning through it.

I'm not going to take sides about this conflict. I'm NOT a Putin supporter by ANY means. However, I do know about a dozen people who have moved to the U.S. from Ukraine and they don't really seem to be upset about what is currently going on. They've wondered why the U.S. media has that conflict at the forefront of all other news events, day after day. It's not a big deal to them. They still have family and friends there and they are concerned about their safety. Those who came from the eastern part of the Ukraine are in favor of the Russians taking over, and even those from the western part did as well because of the corrupt government which has been in power.

I believe Ukraine has been used and lied to by the U.S. and Nato countries, and are nothing more than a pawn in their game. On the other hand, U.S. and NATO countries have broken agreements with Russia made back in the early 90's when the "Soviet Union" countries were given their "independence".

But here's something else to think about which has me a bit puzzled: ANY TIME the U.S. has led a conflict such as this, one of THE FIRST targets after military communications are disrupted is to attack media communications. TV, radio & satellite antenna systems. A top priority is to NOT allow the leaders of the country to freely make appearances on media rallying their people AND "begging" the rest of the world for help. So why haven't the Russians completely obliterated the Ukrainian government's ability to plead with the outside world? I think something is fishy here. Zelensky and others in the country seem to be able to address the world any time they dang well feel like it. Russia certainly has the equipment to completely destroy all such communications and/or jam the signals. And I'm sure their special ops forces could have easily taken Zelensky out by now, IF that had been a goal. Certainly, in terms of "winning" the war, it would be in Russia's best interest to cease all of these types of communications. Why allow him to continue to build world sentiment against Russia?

Could it be Putin is using the world media to stir up the makings for a world war? Or, perhaps, the New World Order/Great Reset scum are working along with Putin to instigate a world war?

We just saw that globally, "leaders" all over the world readily took away freedoms from their citizens under the guise of a pandemic. Panic and lies was their modus operandi. As the truth of the pandemic and vaccination statistics are becoming available, people are seeing that we were blatantly LIED to by these leaders. So, what HOPE do we now have that these same leaders care AT ALL about their citizenry? They don't. They care about themselves. Health of the public is not their motivator. Power is.

Could Putin or NATO/U.S. start a nuclear war? Of course. But from the perspective of these leaders who have demonstrated to have no semblance of concern for the well being of their population, is nuclear conflict a threat to them? If you have access to their own nuclear fall out shelter, is nuclear war really a threat? Suppose you knew it would a "limited" use of nuclear weapons. Just enough to reduce the global population down to the numbers "needed".

It's far fetched, I know. Even as I type those words, I find it hard to believe. But three years ago, I would NEVER have believed how Canada, the U.S., the U.K. and other countries of the free world would completely use and LIE to their people and take away their freedoms under the guise of a pandemic. And even more surprising, is how EASILY the citizens in most countries LET THEM DO IT!!!!

Unlike others, I don't think Putin is a feeble, frail, demented leader. I know what such a leader looks like....I live in the U.S.. Putin, and the Russian people in general, can be very cunning and calculating in their strategies. They have a strong sense of national pride and love of their country.

I feel sorry for the people of the Ukraine. Their country was used by the U.S. and the world. While I don't feel sorry for Putin as a man, I DO understand the Russian position to keep NATO away from Soviet boarders to the extent promised by the U.S. and the world back in the 90's.

I hope this war ends peacefully and rapidly. But after what I witnessed the past two years (just the other day was the second anniversary of the "Just give us 15 days to 'flatten the curve'." lie foisted upon us), I have little faith world leaders of any country really care or have concern and compassion for humanity. They care about themselves. Period. They want POWER. And they'll do whatever it takes to get it.

~subrick

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  12. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    @subrick

I'm not a Putin/Russia fan, nor am I a USA/UK/NATO fan.

NATO wanted Ukraine to be this way. It's good for business. They have been stoking the fires for decades. They want instability in the region.

Zelensky is a USA/NATO puppet. He was told he would be supported and that is why he dared to attack Russian forces in east Ukraine.

There won't be nuclear war because no one wants that. It wouldn't be total destruction, just all of the USA, Russia, and Europe. I feel that if the USA exchanged fire then I think all NATO countries would immediately declare themselves as neutral, but it would be too late as Russia would target all USA bases globally.

Russian forces are not fully engaged yet, and they are avoiding infrastructure including bridges, water, power, comms because they don't want to hurt the Ukrainian people, they want NATO and Mr Zelensky's neo-nazis gone from Ukraine. Just as they have always wanted.

I can see this being the end of NATO, especially when some truths come out - and since the truth is written by the victor then Russia will get to write it.

NATO is not needed, it was a cold war deterrent. Warsaw Pact disbanded decades ago, now NATO is just a world bully that demands support and threatens everyone with it's power.

I don't accept your theory. It's kinda similar to the one that came up about Putin invading Ukraine to take the heat off Boris Johnson and the investigation into Russian involvement in elections, buying MPs, brexit. Similar to the Hunter Biden laptop stuff. It will all come out in the end.

Trudeau went too far, and has some karma to burn off: https://reclaimthenet.org/trudeau-faces-unprecedented-injury-into-using-emergency-powers/

I do agree with you that the powerful don't give a fuck about us little people. We just get in the way.

I agree with you about the loss of freedoms and security expansion. Same thing happened after 9/11. New laws etc. that remained long after any tangible threat has gone.

I am impressed that China has such a steady hand: https://www.rt.com/news/552122-nato-bombing-chinese-embassy/

You might like these;

13. jemima

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    pootin.jpg

:) i seen this

subhubandy and Suewiang like this.
  14. Dmitry

Dmitry Long term member

Local Time:
    I agree with this statement, being a Russian and staying in Moscow. I am utmost sorry for Ukranians and pray for their lives. A war can't be a solution to any problem and can't be accepted in the 21st centuary.

15. Artem

Artem Active member

Local Time:
    I'm Russian, but it sounds the most delusional. Ukraine has never attacked Russian troops, not even the official Kremlin propaganda has claimed anything of the sort.

> "NATO wanted Ukraine to be like this. It's good for business. They've been stoking fires for decades. They want instability in the region."

Just crazy nonsense. In reality, the opposite is true, "instability" occurs where there is no NATO, that is, in Ukraine now.

> " Russian forces are not yet involved in a number of cases, and they avoid certain ones, including bridges, water, authorities, communications, because they do not want to harm the Ukrainian people, they want to make contact and Zelensky's neo-Nazis have left Ukraine. So, like they always wanted."

In fact, they are involved. Now there is literally a transfer of troops from many dangerous and important directions, where the presence of Russia was very important. Literally today, Azerbaijani troops occupied Nagorno-Karabakh, troops from South Ossetia were also transferred to Ukraine. All this is simply a signal that there are actually no troops, and they are being pulled from all over the country.

There is literally not one Nazi in the Ukrainian government, and the president of Ukraine himself is a Russian-speaking Jew. By the way, this cannot be said about Russia. There are quite a lot of Nazis in the top positions in the Russian government, such as Dmitry Rogozin. One of the largest parties is led by Zhirinovsky, and many of the highest deputies of the State Duma of the Russian Federation are far-right, such as Tolstoy, for example.

You obviously don't know anything about our country and just arrive in the delusional illusion of Kremlin propaganda. This is especially amusing given that the Russian government is collaborating and sponsoring far-right parties across Europe.

It's also very funny for me to read that Russia is "avoiding infrastructure strikes", you just need to use Google for about five minutes. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with links, because in Russia they now give 15 years in prison for "false information about the actions of the armed forces of the Russian Federation." You know nothing about this terrible state.

> "I agree with you about the loss of freedom and the acquisition of security. The same thing happened after September 11. New laws, etc., which are in force long after any real threat has disappeared."

Oh LOL, poor westerners and their "loss of freedom" again. You have no idea what "loss of freedom" is. "Loss of freedoms" is when we, Russians, can be imprisoned for 15 years for "distributing false information about the actions of the armed forces of the Russian Federation", where "false information" can be summed up almost everything that is not official data from the Ministry of Defense, "loss of freedoms", this is when all independent media are closed and when people are beaten and tortured by the police for coming out with a poster "for peace". "Loss of freedoms" is when in a country where there is a decade of stagnation and an average salary of $350 a month, you are forced to spend more 60% for food.

What is happening in the West is not a "loss of freedom", it is just a rejection of Kremlin propaganda, and I would be glad if it simply did not exist and our country did not spend billions of dollars on propaganda, at a time when tens of millions of working people in Russia cannot provide themselves with food.

> "I am impressed that China has such a steady hand"

Yes, of course, because our economy literally collapsed and now we are turning into a province of China. This is the best situation for him.

subhubandy likes this.
  16. Ed Babywood

Ed Babywood Member

IT
    Paramus NJ
    Local Time:
    Spoken like a true Woke. If you're referencing Dickheads. I get rid of Biden before Putin. Ukraine Government is second most corrupt in the World. First is the US.

17. Artem

Artem Active member

Local Time:
    > "However, I do know about a dozen people who have moved to the U.S."

LOL what? I live in southern Russia, literally half of my friends are in Ukraine and they are horrified.

> "On the other hand, U.S. and NATO countries have broken agreements with Russia made back in the early 90's when the "Soviet Union" countries were given their "independence"."

Actually no, it's just another crazy thesis of recent Kremlin propaganda. In reality, NATO did not give any guarantees for "non-proliferation to the east." In fact, guarantees were given in relation to Germany that US military bases would not appear in its eastern part, that's all.

> "U.S. and Nato countries"

The US is not leading this conflict. Russia is leading it. These are just facts of reality. There is no US military in Ukraine.

> "But three years ago, I would NEVER have believed how Canada, the U.S., the U.K. and other countries of the free world would completely use and LIE to their people and take away their freedoms under the guise of a pandemic. And even more surprising, is how EASILY the citizens in most countries LET THEM DO IT!!!!"

You should be grateful to your government. Here in Russia, the government has taken weak measures, in reality, the excess mortality in Russia has become the highest in the world. The healthcare system is still overwhelmed because we are completely behind the West in vaccination rates. Millions of dead Russians, such is the price of "freedom". By the way, our ultra-right government did not give us a penny from its fund. Now we know why, they saved up money for the war and now they spent it all under frequent.

> "So why didn't the Russians completely destroy the Ukrainian government's ability to plead with the outside world?"

The answer is obvious - we can't. Our army is a paper tiger, it drowned in the old Soviet equipment on which the nameplates were changed and left everything the same old, it drowned in corruption, in the degradation of leadership, which is inevitable under kleptocracy.

> "They have a strong sense of national pride and love of their country."

Don't judge Russians from Kremlin propaganda or a troll factory. Many of us are aware of the sad reality that we live in a kleptocracy with a decade of stagnation, 20% information, and an average salary of $350 a month. After all, we are now turning into a province of China. This is all very sad and tragic.

> "Those who came from the eastern part of the Ukraine are in favor of the Russians taking over, and even those from the western part did as well because of the corrupt government which has been in power."

No, they don't. They are well aware that there is an order of magnitude more corruption in Russia, they do not like it when the mayors of their cities are taken away in an unknown direction (I remind you that in Ukraine the mayor is elected by the townspeople, while in Russia the mayor of the city is appointed in the Kremlin), that is why more than for a month our army could not take a single large city. For comparison, the US took all of Iraq in two weeks.

subhubandy and halfchaste like this.
  18. Artem

Artem Active member

Local Time:
    lol no. This is not Ukraine and not the USA. Here are literally ten of the most corrupt countries:

1. Iraq
    2. Colombia
    3. Mexico
    4. Brazil
    5. Russia
    6. Guatemala
    7. Kazakhstan
    8. Lebanon
    9. El Salvador
    10. Azerbaijan
    And why don't you like Biden? The fact that he is the first president in thirty years who promotes a project to repair the US infrastructure that is falling apart as a result of Reaganomics? Or do you not like that he supported people during the pandemic? Well, welcome to Russia, our government does none of this, which is why we have the highest excess mortality in the world, infrastructure degradation, extinction, a decade of stagnation and 20% inflation.

subhubandy likes this.
  19. Artem

Artem Active member

Local Time:

20. Artem

Artem Active member

Local Time:
    Верно. Нет войне!

Jarad likes this.
  21. petromp69

petromp69 New member

Local Time:
    Добрый день, я из Украины. Я живу здесь и провожу свою войну. Фашистская Россия пришла на мою землю, убивая мирных людей. Нужна дополнительная помощь, сегодня украинская армия переливается самой большой армией в мире. Все украинцы просят НАТО закрыть небо над Украиной. НАТО устарело и боится Путина.

22. petromp69

petromp69 New member

Local Time:
    Оккупанты содержали людей в подвале школы села Ягодное в тесноте, антисанитарии и лишь изредка выпускали их на улицу.

Русским также не разрешалось выносить тела погибших, поэтому люди были вынуждены находиться рядом с трупами.

"Здесь люди болели и умирали. Здесь они были живы рядом с мертвыми. Голод. Жажда. Страх. Боль. Отчаяние. Туалет на ведре. Удушье. Дети. Были женщины и дети.

23. BiRedneck556

BiRedneck556 Active member

Landscaper
    Illinois
    Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

War has changed

24. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Are you serious?
    Or are you such a partisan that you can’t see how bad Biden is?

For one he’s a career politician.
    Second he’s a liar, cheat and opportunist who’s illegally made millions from #1
    Third the only bill he had success with was the three strikes law that Trump revised.
    Forth he’s a pedophile and creep.
    Fifth he’s done nothing for the pandemic except to keep a power hungry idiot in an over paid position. Did you know Fauci is paid more than Biden?

And maybe if you take off your partisan glasses you’d see Trump actually campaigned on infrastructure to get elected. How he did on that can be debated but Biden wasn’t the first.

Second the economic mess we are in is Biden returning us to Obama’s mess. And adding even more horrific policies. Trump reversed most of Obama’s bad policies and we saw how fast the economy improved.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’ve never liked Trump. But the economy was much better under Trump. He got the vax through, he sent hospital ships to NY and CA. And he did stuff unlike Biden who can’t even remember what town he’s in. And he didn’t get us in wars and countries didn’t laugh at us. They didn’t like us but they respected us.

So as someone who EARNED their degrees and didn’t cheat to get them. And someone who earns their money HONESTLY I despise everything about Biden and his corrupt family.

So you can have Biden. I’d rather have Trump or anyone not associated with the American Communist Party aka Democrats right now. If the Dems moved to the center then I’d consider voting for one again. But right now I’d rather support people that will run the economy and defense properly than a bunch of idiots who support crime, bad policy and don’t understand economics,

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  25. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    I really like your analysis. I never thought about the communication aspect. Why is Zalensky allowed to travel/speak freely? That makes not sense......until one considers your point.

One thing no reasonable person would disagree with: We've been lied to. How could this conflict be any different?

subrick likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice