Safety Precautions

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Autumn, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Autumn

Verified Female

Local Time:
    9:47 PM
    Hello! Total newbie, please feel free to laugh ha.
    I'm VERY new to this, and while it Feels like it should be a lot safer than most D/s play involving toys, I wanted to get an idea of where to focus my research first. And I usually start with 'what are the inherent risks of this kind of play?'

So I was wondering, what are the health and safety precautions that should be kept in mind/understood during chastity play?

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  2. Chazmick

Chazmick Active member

Pennsylvania USA
    Local Time:
    12:47 AM
    Probably the biggest concern is the base ring being too tight and cutting off circulation. There are lots of tips on proper sizing here. Welcome to cm

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  3. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    The number one rule is: If you're in pain when you're flaccid, take off the device.

In most cases, that pain is a product of chafing, a poor fitting device, or both.

Erections cause the device to push outwards which pulls the ring through which you insert your scrotum and penis across the underside of your scrotum which causes chafing if you haven't applied some sort of lube to the inside of the ring. That's particularly important to do right before bed. That issue is actually minimized (pun intended) in devices the size of or slightly smaller than your flaccid penis size as the erection is stopped earlier on in the process.

Sometimes you get chafing, sores, and cuts from what seems like an ok device that come back over and over even after removal of the device and letting it heal. In that case, the device just might not sized correctly for you or just fits oddly on you. It happens. Hopefully you didn't spend too much on the device.

If your base ring is too small, you could cut off blood flow to the penis and if you somehow ignored the never ending excruciating pain and changing colors of your extremities, you could probably suffer penile/scrotal necrosis. That's not really realistic.

I once tried a smaller base ring than I'd previously, had no issues during the day, then had a night time erection that was worse than any I'd ever felt because I think the blood had a harder time (pun intended) leaving the penis as the ring was serving as a metal penis ring. I immediately took off the device and was fine.

Pasmem and ChristinaTS like this.
  4. jmanque

jmanque Active member

Writer
    San Francisco
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    One thing to consider, especially if the partner you're locking is new, is the ability to get a device off quickly. While not common, there can be things like swelling, circulation issues, or unexplained pain where you'd want the ability to get it off and analyze the situation. Personally, fantasies aside, I think a sub should always have access to a key. If this ruins the feeling of 'being locked' (either for you or him) you can always put a spare key in a signed and sealed envelope so you know if it's been used.

You should probably also know that devices with internal locks can sometimes be finicky- a slight bit of misalignment can cause the lock to feel like it's frozen which can cause panic. Never force it. They're not strong. Generally a bit of gentle manipulation of the pieces of the device will allow the key to turn. However, I still think it's a good idea to have a 'Plan B' in place on how to get the device off safely should a lock really fail. I've only heard about that happening once, but it is a concern. Most guys would rather not have to go to the ER, or have a power tool slip close to their junk :eek:.

There's also the possibility of enhanced injury because of a device. Many designs hold the testicles in place, and while this might be a plus to a sadistic dominant disciplining a slave, do consider the real world. It's probably not a good idea to go cycling or play any sport where a ball can hit the family jewels at speed.

If you're considering a device with a urethral insert there's always the possibility of infection, though I've heard many subs say they've worn them for extended periods without problems.

5. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    My experience is different on that point: no lubrication enables the base ring to stay anchored, thus heading off painful morning wood experiences. It may depend on the base ring, though...

EbonyToeAddict and tiruh811 like this.
  6. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    another huge point is cleanliness bad hygiene can cause some nasty infections. Take things slowly.

tiruh811 likes this.
  7. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    Take it slow, get used to the device before pushing yourself to longer and longer periods.

Cleanliness is important, prevents infections, odors, and other less comfortable issues.

Upon lockup I recommend having the let available for easy access for a period, just until things are settled in and you know there are no immediate issues (for me a few hours is more than enough time).

Have a safety release figured out. We keep a spare key in an ice block in the freezer, I can get to it relatively quickly if needed.

Pain means stop.

Stick to your limits.

8. Varmint

Varmint Member

Local Time:
    I'm new myself. The issue of having a way out for me if I was alone and in an emergency was a big deal for my wife. We settled it by not using a metal lock. We instead use the small, single use plastic locks. They are numbered and once she clicks it in place, it wont come undone unless you break it. In addition to being safer (I can break it just using my hands, although it's hard to do), I also believe it's more secure. I can pick locks if I need to.... but I can't reclose these.

9. Lisa43

Lisa43 Long term member

Retired
    USA,Maryland
    Local Time:
    Mistress Autumn,
    I am an older, submissive, crossdresser, who is kept in a steel device. YouTube see Mistress Angelica for a series of very good videos on chastity and other subjects for a dominate women.

10. Danwild69

Danwild69 Member

Local Time:
    Thanks - my issue is I had a CB6000 and could not wear it for longer that 6 hours and it would cut in to my scrotum. I have since ordered a metal cage with a 57mm oval ring. However, when I measure myself per your instructions I am close to 10 inches around the scrotum and penis. That would need something close to a 3 inch (65 to 70mm) ring. Using the new cage again I can wear it for about 8 hours and then it just starts to pinch and ache. After removing it I am still tender under the ball sac for a couple days. Any suggestions? I may not be able to wear it for any kind of length in time.

11. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    I would get the sizing ring set from Mature Metal to work on figuring out an appropriate size. A variety of ring sizes that you can wear to get a sense of what you will need. When I was looking at getting a custom device I got the sizing rings and didn't settle until I found a ring size I could wear for several days straight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice