Length for the jailbird

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by bobbyq, May 13, 2014.

1. bobbyq

bobbyq Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:51 PM
    I measure 2 1/2 inches long when flaccid. Should I order a jailbird 2 1/2 inches long or should I take the quarter of an inch off and order one 2 1/4 inches long?
    I am a little timid about ordering the 2 1/4 inches long because I don't want it too short. what does anybody think about this

georgie likes this.
  2. muttlyvb

muttlyvb Long term member

Virginia Beach, VA
    Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    I went with the 2 1/4 and have the same flaccid size. I find mine very comfortable

AusChastityboy likes this.
  3. bobbyq

bobbyq Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks

I bit the bullet and ordered it 2 1/4", 1.75 ring, 1 3/8 diameter and 3/8 gap..
    How long did it take for yours to arrive?? I wanted to go with the 1 7/8 ring to be a little more comfortable but don't want my ball to pop out like on the cb6000s series..
    Are the back rings more comfortable with the jailbird??

4. N23orMore

N23orMore Long term member

Local Time:
    Have you ordered the ring sizing set from Mature Metal. Should help you to get the measurements correct and the base ring as small as you can without any problems. Being able to go through the night without having pain is a must. Be especially careful of too small a base ring that does not allow you to get flaccid again because of too much constriction with night erections or having to pee. I found that I could wear a 1 5/8" ring during the day but it was too constrictive to wear through the night and wear a 1 3/4" instead which I can wear day and night. Also if you having problems with pinching you might need to increase the gap by 1/16" to take care of the problem. Once I got my adjustments correct I love wearing my Jailbird and actually feel a little naked without it. LOL

Reltsihw likes this.
  5. bobbyq

bobbyq Junior Member

Local Time:
    I never had a problem sleeping with the 6000s on with the 1 3/4 in ring..
    Thank you for the advice

6. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I subtracted a quarter inch per the MM measurign instructons and my device fits perfectly. If you are worried about being jammed against the end of the tube, that hasn't been a problem for me. I touch the end but am not jammed in. (My measurements are similar to yours.)

7. Sissy Melanie

Sissy Melanie Member

Local Time:
    I originally ordered a Jail Bird with a cage length of 1.5 inches. Flaccid I am maybe 2 inches (on a good day). The gap to cage length was only .25inches, which was too small. And the ring size of 1 and 3/8 was tight. I ended up having Mature Metal adjust the gap to 3/8 inch and the ring size to 1.5 inches. It's fits and feels so much better.

I also really love the length, but then again I'm a slut for pain.

8. Ryder_66

Ryder_66 Member

Local Time:
    I am having a horrible time trying to figure out length for my ideal MM. I'm measuring at 4" flacid and don't want a 3.75" cage. That is way too long and hard to conceal. I wore the curve previously (3.75") and it really uncomfortable while sitting. I wear the CB6000 now (3.25") and it fits fine. Sometimes my head will pop-out of the little helmut on the device and is is still comfortable and it sits back from the tip of the device about another .25 inches when that happens. I'm thinking about going with 3" cage. Any advice from experienced wearers?

9. N23orMore

N23orMore Long term member

Local Time:
    Sounds like you might be on to something. I used the adjusted measurements against the CB6000s I was wearing and am having great luck. I probably could have even gone 1/4" shorter, but I what I have is working just fine. Your measurements while inside the cage are probably much more accurate with the CB6000 cages and I think it is pretty normal for your skin to poke out the vent holes a little. When I bought the same 1 3/8" diameter MM Jailbird I had no problems at all and even thought at first it was too large. But after a day or two, I seem to keep it filled without having a lot of empty space between the bars. I did have to send it back to increase the gap 1/16" larger in size because of pinching and now I can go all night without having to get up and pee more often than not. Give yourself time to be sure you are in the smallest base ring you can wear because I ended up dropping 2 sizes before leveling out and this only took a couple of weeks to find out.

10. Ryder_66

Ryder_66 Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the encouragement. Came across JB for sale that is perfect except for the length is 2.5" and I think that might just be pushing my luck too far. I would like at least a little but of wiggle room.

11. cagedlion

cagedlion Member

Local Time:
    The CB6000 base ring may not be the best comparison. It is wider and plastic has more friction between it and your skin. Best to either buy some rings at the hardware store or order the MM sizing rings. My original measurement was 2" and I ordered 1 3/4" cage. It seemed like a great fit. The tip generally touched the end of the cage. But there was a problem. My urethra would end up facing up from the center square and/or to one side. I had to be careful to adjust before peeing, even sitting down.

I exchanged some emails with MM and learned that is due to the cage being too long. I guess I pressed the end of the ruler into my scrotum which gave me a larger reading. Mrs. Lion measured me inside the cage when I was "retracted" away from the end. It was a 1/2" gap. When I remeasured being careful to exert no pressure, indeed I was 1 1/2" long. According to MM, the tip of your penis should be pressed against the end and sides of the cage. Sort of hugged by it. If any part of the tip is not touching, the cage is too long.

I've ordered my cage shortened to 1 1/4" (1/4" shorter than my measurement). The reason they suggest subtracting 1/4" is to assure the head is in full contact with the cage at all times. It isn't painful and makes wearing better.

Adjusting the length costs $110. Had I measured correctly I could have saved that and avoided spending a couple of weeks in my old, not-too-well-fitting, off-the-shelf, Chinese device.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice