Wyred Slave Lockable Wraith Black PVC Collar: Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Lock Up Male, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:23 AM
    ***Sorry for the low quality pics, I'm having to use my webcam to take pic's atm***

Being a Sub, I've ALWAYS enjoyed the thought of having a collar locked around my neck... I used to satisfy this graving but using a simple chain and lock. While this did satisfy my need it is not something you can wear 24/7 because of day to day life (Turning up to a customers place to repair a computer with it locked around your neck can raise eyebrows). So after some searching I came across Wyred Slave - http://www.wyredslave.com. Well last week I decided I would take the plunge and get one.

So Here is how it went.
    Last Tuesday (Dec 15, 2009) I sent an e-mail to Lorii stating my intention of placing an order in next few days, knowing its was so close to Christmas and how hectic everyone is around this time I didn't expect to get one delivered for Christmas. To my surprise the next day I received a reply from Lorii stating if I got my order in quick I would have one for Christmas \o/ :) So I Measured myself up and sent off my order and paid for it on the Friday (had to wait for a few things to clear with my bank).

Well this morning (23rd Dec 2009) I had a knock on the door by my Posty asking me to sign for it :) Inside the plain package this is what I found.
    [​IMG]
    And inside that I found a number of things. First was the collar nicely wrapped up.
    [​IMG]
    Under that nice wrapping was the collar I had ordered.
    [​IMG]
    These things are a custom made PVC coated Stainless Steel Wire collar, You measure yourself, Send off the size and they make it how you want. I opted to go for one without a O-ring as I wanted a 24/7 villana friendly collar, thou you can get a collar with an O-ring for a little extra.
    [​IMG]
    (taken from their site)
    They also sell uncoated collars, Cuffs, Belts. Tons of stuff, you really should just look at the site for the full collection, If you have an idea for something they don't stock or thought of they will take your idea and tell you if a) its doable and b) how much they want for it.

When I first held the collar my first thought was "WOW this is light!!!" So much I had to weigh it. According to my poor kitchen weighing scales the collar weighs an amazing 20 grams, Yet when its locked there is no way its coming off without removing the screw.

The locking mechanism is a screw with a Allen key head. To insert the key and turn the screw as if your tightening the screw which turns the screw into the inside of the mechanism then remove the key which allows the two parts to come apart. To lock you put the key in the lock and turn the key as if you was loosening the screw and it puts the screw back into its locking position keeping the two parts firmly in place.
    [​IMG]

I now have the collar secured around my neck :D and I'm very impressed, the weight of the collar is amazing... Its so light you forget your wearing it. I went for a loose fitting as I don't like things tight around my neck. Its loose enough to sit around my neck but small enough that its not coming off my without removing the locking screw.

The Keys...
    You get 2 Allen Wrench's to lock and remove the collar, And on my order they came in a small zip bag taped down to the instructions.
    [​IMG]
    But I had also ordered a "Keyring Key" for my mistress.
    [​IMG]
    These cost 5 But in my option they are WELL WORTH IT. The wrench's you get do the job. But your key holder will love having this key with them all the time. The key came in a little gift bag which make them that little extra special.
    [​IMG]
    My plan is to Hand over this key to my mistress and keep the wrench's sealed just in case of an emergency, Being a steel collar you wouldn't want to wear this during an MRI for example.

So what are the people behind the scenes like. WELL... You can tell they are small business who live the lifestyle themselves and who really enjoy what they do for others. Lorii kept me well informed every step of the way, they are happy to take emails and reply quickly (As its Christmas you have to give them a bit of leeway, but they still replied very quickly). I would be VERY happy to deal with them again. There is only one thing I have a niggle about. In there FAQ they state there delivery charges are 3.99 But when you get though to paypal the charge is 5.99, But I still can't complain about this because my order was sent Next Day Special Delivery at a cost of 4.99 and (I know i'm a geek and i spot these things) The package was sent from their local Post Office so Have to let them off with the extra pound to cover the cost of the packing, getting to the post office and having to wait in the queue... I use my post office quite often so know how annoying the queues are at times.

My pictures Really don't do this product justice, for some better pictures check out their gallery and customer gallery flicker group.
    If you looking for a villana safe collar then I would REALLY recommend these people. You can tell they really enjoy there work :)

2. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
  3. sissy belle

sissy belle Not me in dress.....yet!

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've always wanted something like this that locks. Nothing around the neck while at work though :(

4. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well, I'm planning to wear this 24/7 :) I'll be giving up the keys very soon, and once I do that I won't have a choose and I'll have to wear it to work :)

5. sissy belle

sissy belle Not me in dress.....yet!

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Mine is for safety reasons, a patient could grab it and choke me. Otherwise I would wear one.

6. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I see... That sucks. But with everything, always stay sane and safe. Luckily for me that's not an issue I have to worry about.

7. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    That's on cool piece ya got there...

OK, first off.... :manga_balloon: LUM!!!!! Don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I just love being about to put a name to a face. So, howdy...cuteness. *giggles*

Second, I just love your new collar!! It's wonderful! Doesn't look at all like a "slave" collar. Just looks like a sweet piece of jewelry to adorn your neck. Very nice. I'm kind of jealous of your Mistress, though. I'd love to get John to wear one, but he's just not the type. Something that shows he's mine would be so lovely. I'm sure your Mistress is just tickled about getting that key!!

Top notch, mate. :ten-on-ten:

8. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well thanks Jen. It was time I showed myself to the mansion. Glad you think the collar is cool. Well it's past the pub test. Worn it up the pub all night and had no questions about it yet :)

9. primeazati

primeazati Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:23 AM
    Just wanted to say a very quick "hi" and to say how pleased I was to read your message on here about the Wraith collar from Wyred Slave.

I have known lorii for many years and have many of their products, including the exact black pvc collar that you show in your pictures. In fact I am wearing it now locked on ! I don't have any concerns about wearing it in public or at the office. Like you I've experimented over the years with different locked on systems and do like the heavy chain with padlock - but not practical in the vanilla world.

I love what lorii and Jason have done with Wyred Slave items and highly recommend them!

Kind Regards and best wishes for 2010 - hope you have as many hours pleasure with your collar as I do

Liam
    Manchester

10. imkink4u

imkink4u Member

Local Time:
    3:23 AM
    I like the look, but for now we'll have to stick with my chain and chrome heart lock. Doing rough figuring comes to about $115 US. Kinda pricey for plastic coated wire. I'll add it to my wish list.

11. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    $115 USD... I think you might have your figures mixed up. Using paypals converstion tool 55.97 GBP (for a locking collar with a o'ring - mine does not have the o'ring and is 5 cheaper and the Nice key+keyring) works out at 87.94 USD and thats sending cash and not paying for an item (when you use paypal to by something the seller pays the fee's).
    Gone are the days when paypal gave over $2 for every . ok ok. $88 might still be steep, but if you break everything down to its core value you wouldn't by anything. For example 10 meters of cat5 network cable on ebay sells for about 3 but I have that must of the stuff at home when people ask me for a lengh I just give it to them. It costs me about 5p per meter in cable and about 3p per RJ45 connector so thats 56p for something that sells for 3. Hope you see my logic.

Anyways. You get what you pay for and I've gotta say, its the best 50 I've spent in a long time, Well that 90 on the CB6000s was a good purchase too.

primeazati: I've been eye'ing up Lorii's and Jasons stuff for a while, Fanilly took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and I got to say I love their work.

12. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    i have one of these from wyredslave as well only mine is without the plastic coating and is stainless steel 7mm looks fantastic.. had a few problems with the tag keep coming off though but have sorted it now myself. Has been worn without much notice being taken of it in vanilla circumstances but was asked at the golf club if it was a dog collar and did i have a matching leash?????? the woman who asked me did have a smile on her face so maybe she recognised the symbol on the tag who knows but she always smiles when i see her now. great product

13. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    You didn't tell me you had a slave collar, Stroppy!! Holding out on me I see. Bad boy. :manga_bunny: I am totally in love with this collar!! LUM? Did you give your KHer the key yet? How does she like it? It's so fabulous!

14. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I went for one without the tag only cause I wanted a pure vanilla looking one, and as you know the tag can not be removed without first removing one of the locking parts first (Not something that going to be easy). But I love what you say about how its gone un-noticed. So far the only comment I've had about wearing it it is from a friend who thought it looked cool and wanted to try it on. Well I didn't have the key with me so I couldn't let them if I wanted to.

No, not yet. I'm handing it over tomorrow. I've been on a mind fuck the past week, long story so won't go into it but I've not been myself for the past week so haven't worn the collar.

15. forher

forher Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:23 AM
    Another happy Wyred Slave collar wearer here. I have an uncoated 7mm steel one with a double-sided tag. I have also had a slight problem with the tag - I needed to use a vice to close the ring that holds the tag to the collar. Mistress found working with Lorii to be very easy over the wording and symbol on the tag. My one issue is that my skin is obviously highly corrosive, as the tag has discoloured very rapidly (within 48 hours of wearing it) and is now a much darker colour than when first made.

16. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    use brasso or something similar cleans up instantly.in the end the tage came off and stripped the thread so after sending it back and it happening again i removed the ring from the collet drilled a new hole directly in the tag and slipped it back over the ring and closed it back onto the collet.job done

17. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    What an amazing idea! I doubt Goddess would go for it but I sure like the idea.

18. mstrbtradict

mstrbtradict Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:23 AM
    Lock Up Male, I am impressed with this collar, however I am sure the wearer could use any allen wrench available in a hardware or tool store. But, should a keyholder truly want to insure that a sub couldn't remove it, short of cutting the cable, I only see one way. By forcing some epoxy into the screw hole before insalling the collar would in effect "cement" the moving parts rendering them useless. By cycling the lock screw a few times would insure getting epoxy on the internal moving parts. Again the cable could be cut in needed, but to have a locking collar that doesn't really stay locked is pointless.

Just a thought.

19. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I could also get an slighty oversided wrench, Tap it into the screwhead and use the excessive force to undo the screw, Yeah epoxy is strong. But there are ways around epoxy just ask any console modder ;) With the size of the screw (1.5 mm dia) the thread is tiny, wouldn't take much to break it. NOW, if you put epoxy in where the 2 parts of the collar joined (The male end going into the female end), closed it (making sure you have something to mop up the excess) that would give a lot more surface area contact for the glue....

The only reason this collar hasn't been soldered shut is so the collar can be removed in an emergency (Yes I have thought about doing it). I have access to one of the keys, just incase it needs to be removed - its left at home when i'm out and about though. Yes there are ways to make this collar more permanent, but most people are not after a full permanent solution.

At the end of the day... Locks can always be picked/drilled/cut... Its just a matter how how much time you want to put into it, You just need to understand the mechanics behind them.

/me goes back to writing his journal. Blahhh, you broke my trail of thought, I'm telling mistress on you :p

LUM's Final Thought... If my hands are free, and I've got access to a hardware store, I will get out IF I WANT TO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice