Would You Pay A Subscription For CM

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by lockit, Nov 23, 2017.

1. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    4:04 PM
    #1 lockit, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sorry for hijacking this Thread initially started by Lockit. But I find it important to make it clear that the question being raised in this thread is to be answered as follows:

Jens Speaking:

No subscription. Period! Stop any speculation in that direction. CM will remain free of charge.
    However expect donation option to return, and non-intrusive ads within the ethics of CM is to be explored. Running a huge site like this do cost!
    But Thanks for all the comments and concerns;-)

And now on to something more exciting!

Cheers

p..s - I have removed the poll associated with this thread. Reading my initial statement makes it irrelevant.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the original THREAD started by Lockit:

I put this in a thread just now but thought it would be better as a poll

Simple question.
    How many would pay membership to keep the site moving forward?
    I have seen post asking admin ( Who pays the bills ) to hand the site over to someone who has the time and energy.
    The site does not run on time and energy alone. How many would be willing willing to put there money where there mouth is?

So how many would pay a membership fee?

2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I would pay a fee, but if I was a new member I probably wouldn't.

It might be better on a voluntary basis.

3. ChainedKeys

ChainedKeys New member

The Hague - NL
    Local Time:
    5:04 PM
    Actually, I would be willing to donate something to MC. Moreover, I'd prefer a donate money option more than a membership fee to unlock all features. It's just that I don't like websites that restrict features just for users to pay for them.

lockit and filltee like this.
  4. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    No objection to volutary donations being solicited and no objection to resricting access for some areas to members only.

lockit likes this.
  5. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    please there use to be a little button on the top and if you press it would let you give money to Paypal and then it wud go to the Admin man. i don't know what has happen to it now tho.

6. paulie slave

paulie slave Locked house husband

House Husband
    Scotland
    Local Time:
    If this becomes a paysite or has members only areas or starts to push a different agenda I'd just go elsewhere, the web's a big place. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of advertising to help pay the bill.

7. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    On Fetlife they have small ads on most pages for mainly BDSM related things, I barely notice them.

Also they have a voluntary subscription which enables you to see other members videos. I'm not interested in the videos but I gladly pay it every month as it's a great site.

8. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    11:04 AM
    Pay sites are problematic. Better to have donations and paid features.

The problem is this site has a history and change is going to upset a bunch of folks. That said, change happens whether we like it or not.

Personally I’d like to see a management team that would run this site in the interest of the users. A team that would ensure the long term success of the site.

corsac and SubVerity like this.
  9. windrush

windrush Junior Member

Local Time:
    When this website was launched about 8 years ago it became very popular in a short period of time. In particular the chat room was much used, and at times was very entertaining. However the owner of the website decided to charge for access to the chat room, with all other features remaining free of charge. The website entered an instant decline in usage from which it has never fully recovered. Charging is an experiment which has been tried, has failed, and should not be repeated.

Living Curious and lockit like this.
  10. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Adding a pay membership can only work if it is $20 a year or less and is annual not monthly. The point of charging should not be to make money, it should be to pay for server that exceeds need and a web admin (handling using the software and theme tweaks). If this site was to add paid membership it should not exceed $10 annual and should not include all areas of the site.

But the reality is a few appropriate ads placed in the the footer or side bar is ask that should be considered for what this site is and it's current membership

corsac, lockit and SubVerity like this.
  11. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    I remember that well the chat room was always busy and always fun.
    I paid the membership back then I had no problem with paying.
    As you know a lot of members did not and the chat room died.
    I don't think we should go back there. The donate option worked well or seemed to.

Admin is paying the bills and he is not that involved. I just started wonder how long will he keep paying?
    I know if I was him and reading the criticism and insults on a site I am funding I would withdraw all financial support.
    I have no idea why he still pays the bills and no idea how long that will continue.
    Will the critic's step forward with cheque book in hand?

12. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    It's a good question and they might - but the cost might be higher than some are willing to accept (and I dont mean in financial terms).

I've been wondering about a group purchase. Another site I know had such a situation and a group stepped up to purchase the place and set out a few rules for themselves. That no one person could sell the site in future. That no moderator would actively wish to be a moderator - which solves a LOT of problems in one easy step, which is that none of them have any beef, and none of them have any time for petty intrigues.

I'm not entirely sure this place could work in such a way though, with so many people thinking they're dominant and so many ready to have hissy fits at the drop of a hat. I think the place needs ruling with a firm but benevolent rod.

Sigmaticbaby and Dumb1 like this.
  13. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Wouldn't that be great if he did actually pay attention to the criticisms and hand the site over to or sell it to someone else who was interested enough to run it properly?

Andrew K likes this.
  14. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    I think it was around £20 per member and £30 for couples that was annually

Mistress Jules likes this.
  15. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    For this site there should NOT be a mark up in price for couples ... that is part of the dynamic that it seems many people want to encourage ... if anything it should be more like Swingers parties, Single woman (KH) is the cheapest say $2 a year, Couples are $5 a year, and single male (locked / chaste person) is $10 a year.

I belonged to an Adult site for 20 years ... half the site was free (Voyeurweb) and half was paid (Redclouds $20 annually) ... there were forums on each ... but the true community feel was in the paid side. I'm in no way implying that this site / forum should be a paid membership only (or any of it paid for that matter) ... what I'm saying is that I think there could be a way to adjust the site so that there is an area that really showcases the long time members and the true sense of community they are. I also feel that having such an area would help separate the fantasy player (usually males looking to masturbate) from the lifestyle KH and chaste ... I again do not mean it as dis-guarding any form of chastity, I simply mean to better group like individuals for a better over-all experience for everyone.

16. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    How would you know someone is really a woman? A male might pretend to save himself $8 a year :)

frankie teardrop and lockit like this.
  17. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Simple ... if he wants to save $8 a year he has to act like a KH (woman) on the forum ... if he acts like a chaste male (but his profile because of how he registered says woman / KH) then he will have to pony up the other $8 and the Admin changes his profile to male / chaste. I mean really does it really matter if it is a man pretending to be a female KH, as long as he stays in character at all times here on the forum, he would still be providing the interaction that is desired, and lets face it if he is not any good at faking it everyone will catch on right away and his little game will be self resolved.

Maybe I'm to "open minded" about it, but I look at the internet as a place to interact with people in the way they wish to portray themselves, it allows a bit of fantasy / anonymity / reality all combined at once. To me that is the allure of a forum like this. You can ask real questions like "Do you like your PA?" all the way to your pure fantasy "Does annoy one else have fantasies about being cuckolded?"

18. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  19. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I don't think the idea of this site is to be some kind of virtual reality where you can pretend to be whoever you want. As you just mentioned there are other sites for that.

frankie teardrop and steviepie like this.
  20. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm not saying it is .... I was giving the extreme examples of it ... and ... in reality ... we are in a way ... this forum is ... of all the members here I would guess that less then 2% are open and live the life they share here in their daily / normal life ... other then this forum and my KH no one else is aware of my interest in chastity, and well lets be honest this forum really has no idea who I am. Just like I really have no idea who you are.

Which leads me back to your original question "How would you know someone is really a woman? A male might pretend to save himself $8 a year" ... and I say as long as they act on the forum in accordance with their profile, does it really matter? Further more they are coming here to engage in the activity they fantasize / enjoy / live so really what would the benefit to them to NOT act the way the enjoy here on the forum ... meaning I think it would be a mute point and not an issue mostly because if $8 is a financial hardship then they really should not be buying any membership, but if you disagree then everyone pays $2 ... or how about this everyone pays $5 and if after the 1st year you are in fact a Couple or female KH from that point on you no longer have to pay to be a member, only the chaste male has to continue paying the $5 annually.

21. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    5:04 PM
    When the fee would stay limited, I wouldn't mind to pay for a site like this.
    When for example all (yes all) members would contribute a small amount, it will open up possibilities to have more server space, more speed etc.
    I'm not against 'modest' advertising either, as long as it is related to why this site exists in the first place.
    A few years back I paid a contribution to get things started when Jens took over (after the site was down for quite a while..
    Several valid options to solve the money problem, but is the problem only the money?
    Open for suggestions, wouldn't like to see this site disappear because it has inspired m=e to open up to my wife about chastity and I would not have been living the chastity lifestyle together with my wife without it, so I keep a warm feeling for this site.

22. slave_m

slave_m Long term member

slave
    Santiago - Chile
    Local Time:
    12:04 PM
    To make it more interesting and more serious.
    1. The Mistresses/KH that prove to be real (not impostors) should NOT pay.
    2. Other women who do not prove that they are real must pay.
    3. The slaves/submissive must pay.
    In this way a gerarchy is established, where the slaves/submissive are to serve the Mistresses/KH.

Something appropriate for a site like this. At least what I believe.

chien_cl

L-u-c-y likes this.
  23. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    The key to making pay sites work is not getting greedy. Small fees, easily and discreetly paid for additional features work much better than large fees to unlock previously free parts of a site.

Charging for things that were previousky free will always meet resistance, chargong for additional features rarely does - as long as those features are compelling then people will pay. I know of one site where everything is free but to see who viewed a profile or to add large numbers of images to your profile & remove the (reasonably unobtrusive anyway) advertising or view more than 1 live cam at a time costs a fiver.

The vast majority pay, because its simple, inexpensive and the site's not being greedy. A good example of how to do it right IMO.

24. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    10:04 AM
    Pay a fee? Um no.

There have been way too many times where Moderators have stepped outside the bounds they should stay in. If CM became a paid service, maintaining the integrity of such a place with the current administration and staff would more than likely fail ruining the 'fun' for all. I do think @scottishsubby is right and if such a situation became unavoidable, a 1 time or annual fee to get further access for pictures or storage might work. But the benefit is not wanking fodder via pictures, it is the experience and encouragement you exchange over a long relationship of exchanges, which if I had to pay for opinions, its more economical to get opinions that count past ideas or thought, say from a doctor, or some kind of face to face professional. The idea people put so much trust into ambiguous identities over the internet with any kind of confidence is proof humanity is doomed. oh well.

25. paulie slave

paulie slave Locked house husband

House Husband
    Scotland
    Local Time:
    I wouldn't be allowed to pay and have no access to funds of my own. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice