Would this stop another blackout?

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Lessthan4inches, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lessthan4inches

Lessthan4inches Active member

Full time submissive
    UK
    Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    Another long period of downtime which is a great shame because this is a first class site. Even ignoring the subject matter, it is still a very well laid out site in every respect and far surpasses many other larger sites. Very user friendly and some lovely friendly people on here. Maybe a small subscription would be in order. I would pay without hesitation in a formal way at a fixed price if it stopped any potential problems arising again.

I know there is a donation scheme at the moment, but human nature being what it is, I suspect only a small percentage of members contribute. It would seem right and proper if the owner made some profit from this in my view. Any service provided by volunteers or as good as, runs the risk of collapse.

I would suggest that a subscription method (like most other sites) would be the way forward. That is just my humble opinion.

This site is too good, has too much potential for revenue and is too cherished to die a slow and inconvenient death. XX

2. Jay.

Jay. Active member

Local Time:
    I'm a member of many forums which run without fees and a member of a few which do. I believe the responsibility is on the owner, if they run a good site which attracts people in numbers the forum will take care of itself. Outages do nothing but decrease confidence in the forum (time is an investment). I certainly would not pay a yearly subscription to a forum which is unreliable, and prone to down time. I certainly wouldn't provide credit card information to a forum which is run by amateurs and could easily be hacked.

Jay.

guest 2942 and Lessthan4inches like this.
  3. Lessthan4inches

Full time submissive
    UK
    Local Time:
    Point well made. From what I have read on here CM is up for sale. Running costs very low it seems.

Jay. likes this.
  4. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Have you not read that the current owner is selling because she's moving on with her life? What's that got to do with money? I think idle speculation is probably not helpful at the moment.

And what's up with the seemingly random bold text? It makes it difficult to read.

5. dbcockslut

dbcockslut New member

Local Time:
    8:35 AM
    I read the first post and had to post my thoughts. This is not a first class site. First class sites don't go down for weeks at a time. This site has great potential to be a good site but trips and falls often to the point of almost uselessness..

As far as subscription, it has a lot to prove before anyone should even think about that. Personally, why would I pay for something that is down more than it is up. If whoever acquires the site has the subscription idea, you should not plan on anything like that for at least 24 months and prove the site is viable. Those that say they would pay a subscription are very few, wouldn't pay for much if anything and would prevent others from joining.

danleft1 and Lessthan4inches like this.
  6. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    @dbcockslut I guess you are a rich man then. This site has no adverts and makes no money. It cost 55 pounds a month to currently host. The current owners have only asked for donations for the last two years and as far as I'm aware these have been very short in supply.

The site is for sale and the new owner unless they are able to host for free will have to generate some revenue somehow.

I think your comments are disrespectful to the current owner @Mistress Watchful who has done a fine job in a) making this site b) funding it for so long
    Thanks
    Phil

7. lockedandhappy

UK
    Local Time:

Why so angry about something that hasn't even happened? Maybe we should all wait to see what the outcome is, rather than making statements about 'what ifs'... Relax and be glad the Mansion is back at all :)

8. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    @Lessthan4inches - How many threads do you plan to open about the same issues?-
    I would like to know.... And Your status update " The plot thickens"... is out of line.

It is exactly these kind of groundless outburst that kills forums like CM., so please... I beg You...

I am not in sync with your ideas of profit, or even subscription, but let me repost some of the answer I gave in your other thread.

"I really I think MW is doing great and being very considerate preserving the mansion by putting it up for sale, now she has decided to move on in with other good things in life.

I am iin fact are bidding for the mansion, supported by a group of mods and some of the most wellknow and respected longterm members of CM.

In fact we even started the process of rebuilding CM, in case it would not reemerge. Again I was supported by current mods and respected members. Most of You are familiar with Misstress B, Philfred(Lucy), Wendygirl(Holly), Maid Carrie and Mistress Jules herself. They all supported my project of relaunching a new ChastityMansion in case this one would not come back to life... Many more tipped in , and showed their support and gratitude...

The new Chastitymansion was to be lead by a board of 4 respected members and myself, and that would be the end of a one-ruler system. The board was to pick and approve the mods, they were to define and enforce policies, - if any was needed, and they were to ensure the further development of the new CM, - but always within the wellknown and very innocent environment we all have come too love. No adds, limited soliciting, and lots of helpful people, willing to share and comment on a wide range of Chastity related issues. A lifesaver for many newcomers.

Still , as I told the team - I had a special interest in improving facilities for newcomers, to get more structured information and advice, - a knowledge base for new members. I have seen in the 2 and a half year I have been her, that many ( including myself) are filled with uncertainty and questions in the beginning, lots about what to expect physically and mentally in you and in your partner... etc... But of course also info on which device to start our with etc...
    Others in the team have other preferences and focuses, - so They should pursue these topics, in the further development of CM. But Basically everything would remain the same as we have come to know and treasure the current CM.

Well, CM did not sink , and by that all the treasured legacy of the mansion is preserved - still... Hurray!!

I have made it very clear that I have no intention of starting a rival site.

I may take back those words if CM is to be sold to an outsider with no love for the forum, but only sees it as a potential profit generator. If ads are to come in, and management are neglecting its obligation to listen and learn from the members of the forum, - the very members who by there commitment and interactions make the forum come to life - then I might do it after all. And I am cetain that at least some of the team will join my in that quest.-)

So - now I am in the bidding, backed by the same team that was ready to support a new CM , if... ( to be fair Mistress Jules has not expressed support for my attempt to buy CM from MW, - but she has not spoken against it either) Other respected members have offered their support to me...after It became publicly know on FetLife, that I was indeed bidding.
    I have no intention of becoming the king of the castle. I will hand over powers to s board , who will be told that internal fights are over, and are to be battled and overcome swiftly. No bad blood on CM anymore. No tribal fights, no bending mod rules, etc. etc...

So Now You all know, - I am willing to pay a fair prize for software, database, and also some for acknowledgement of MWs work for CM, - but since CM is not providing any profit, the price can not be too high....."

Lessthan4inches and richard like this.
  9. Rachael_

Rachael_ Guest

When I first joined I did PM Adminstrator a number of times about making a donation.

Did ask how would it show up on stament or in PayPal.

Never heard back.

10. Lessthan4inches

Full time submissive
    UK
    Local Time:
    I am certainly not being disrespectful, my praise for the site is very evident in what I wrote. In fact there is not one word of condemnation. Plus I made the point that the owner deserves to make a profit from it (think that is supportive??). I was also offering suggestions in a proactive and positive way. At no point was I negative or disrespectful. If anything subsequent posts have been critical of this site, and once again, I stress that my post was not critical in any way at all.

My point about the potential for collapse of a site run by volunteers is actually testimony and acknowledgement to their hard work and efforts. If it was easy a) more people would volunteer to help and b) the people who currently do all of the work would be less likely to throw the towel in from exhaustion.

I suggest you read my comments again, but this time add up the number of times I say something positive, complimentary and appreciative..!!

11. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    The comments made by @philfred are not directed to you. For a site you say you enjoy, you appear to have a difficult time reading posts. If you had bothered to search and read the post I referred you to in your other thread, neither of the threads would have been necessary.

Lessthan4inches likes this.
  12. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    I have had the chance to PM with @Lessthan4inches regarding the status update. It was a lightheaded cheerful comment, nothing sinister. Humour travels slow across cultures and borders... I will have to make a note of that;-);-)

Thanks for having that sorted out....

Lets all take a break in what seems to be a lovely sunny day - at least here in Denmark...;-)

Lessthan4inches likes this.
  13. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    We all want the same thing, which is for the site to carry on for everyone's benefit. I apologize if my tone came across as harsh. I have no ill will towards anyone in this thread. Just trying to clarify matters. :D

Rachael_ and Lessthan4inches like this.
  14. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Pointless post.

If you wish to buy the site, message me.

If you wish become a Moderator, message whoever takes over.

We did subscriptions..... that worked really well. NOT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice