With Great Power ... Comes ... Great Intellect

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by annual2007, Sep 2, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. annual2007

annual2007 Long term member

Dorset, UK.
    Local Time:
    11:11 AM
    How does intelligence play a role in D/s relationships? Whilst we will all agree that the Dominant partner is the superior, what if they weren't, intellectually? Would that impact the respect you would have for the dominant? Would a sub dumb it down to ensure the Dominant person felt superior in all aspects? Would a Dominant only choose people with lesser minds?

I personally, tend to be attracted to more intelligent people than myself so it's not a problem, but I wonder what would happen if I found a willing Domme who wasn't as smart. Not that that is a high benchmark.

This is potentially an offensive subject, so I have tried to make it gender neutral to remove any possible offence.

2. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    Assuming the gap in intelligence wasn’t too drastic I feel like it should be fine. If however the sub is really that much more intelligent then I can definitely see how that would create problems.

It’s human nature to manipulate people. It’s just the way some people go about it that can be offensive or cruel.

3. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    One of the traights I look for in a partner is smarts, so that would already be settled before a dom sub relationship started. I want to be able to interact with her about current events, literature, religion (or lack there of), and question the meaning of life with. As much as I adore our sexual activity, and our dom/sub roles that we live, I couldn't have a relationship with someone that I couldn't be myself around, didn't understand most of what I'm talking about, or had no interest in my interests and beliefs. They may not be the same opinions, but I want her to be smart enough to banter, countermove, and be a ting to my yang.

I don't believe in the dominant equals superior idea. Just think of role reversal, not superior and inferior. I certainly didn't think my step mother was inferior to my dad just because he was the dominant partner. It's the role they and most of the world have known and lived, I don't believe it makes either person superior by being in charge of certain aspects of a relationship.

4. servinher

servinher Member

Colorado
    Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    I agree with @Nickoftime on this one. My wife and I are life partners and we consider each other as equals in so many aspects of our lives. I handle some things, she handles others but we have an underlying dynamic of FLR and orgasm control that both of us enjoy. I think much of her enjoyment of it is simply that I like it that way and want it that way. She wants me to be happy and she's got no problem calling the shots most of the time. She has always been a smart, strong woman and that's a big part of my attraction and love for her.

To the point of this thread thought...
    I don't think I would ever be attracted to a woman who is not at least my intellectual equal, much less offer submission. So it's not really a question for me.

5. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    My IQ is in the top 99.8% of the population and I have been submissive to both very intelligent people and those with average IQs. My wife has a little better than average IQ and she is a good KH but not dominant at all. My first full time domme was not very intelligent, but also not very dominant besides cuckolding, which was not really done for my arousal but her own.

The best Mistress I had was the girlfriend my wife and I shared for 30 years. She holds two Master's' Degrees,but more educated than intelligent. What I liked about her is that she really liked to dominant men. She even married a submissive man she found online so she could continue in our poly triad. She understood the psychological aspects of the many fetishes we tried. That made a big difference.

I also dominated women; more women than dominated me. I only dominated women who were intelligent and strong. I did not want a slave. I wanted someone who could understand the the reason under the arousal that made them want to be dominated. Never interested in girls who wanted to do a fetish without knowing why other than because it arouses them. I learned a long time ago that even some dominant women want to be dominated for the same reasons I do. I have power and control all day long in my career and sometimes it feels great to just put myself in a woman's hands. Here is an except from an article that explains it:

So many of the most outstanding women, women who have the strength of a stone pillar — the women who are in complete and utter control of every aspect of their ever-so-busy lives — also happen to be wildly, vivaciously turned the f*ck on by the idea of being taken control of in the bedroom (or anywhere on the laundry list of creative locations we like to engage in mind-blowing sex in).

It's not easy to forever be the leader, spending the days being the boss. Taking the reins at work, being in absolute control over everything all the time – even though we're more than up for it, it's still a tough job.

Sometimes, at the end of the day, we just want someone else to call the shots – to rip off our clothes with a reckless abandon and steer the ship.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice