Wish purchased belt

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by Jesse111, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Jesse111

Jesse111 New member

Local Time:
    2:45 PM
    Hi!

I would really like to try on a full belt but but because they are so expensive i was thinking about getting one from Wish for f cheap price.
    Does anyone have any experience with purchasing them from Wish and how they are? Screenshot_20180806-185319.jpg

2. Carraraboi

Carraraboi Member

Maintenence manager
    ZA
    Local Time:
    I had a similar device and it was utter rubbish, the metal is so thin you could practically tear it. Was really not worth the price at all. It's really best to just save for a decent device rather than waste money on cheap junk. I regretted buying my first Chinese device like this for many years and I paid alot for mine too.

kevinfranco likes this.
  3. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    I'm with @Carraraboi. You'll see another recent thread here about the neoprene lining coming off on these devices. It doesn't last 5 minutes and doesn't really fit in the first place. I think the Chinese are pretty good for trying out cheap cage devices but the full belts are terrible. Flimsy, bendy steel. I would have been embarrassed to resell mine. It went in the bin!

4. Carraraboi

Carraraboi Member

Maintenence manager
    ZA
    Local Time:
    I am not trying to be negative, it's just that I've been there done that, i spey around £140 on my Chinese junk and it ended up being thrown in the trash it was just not wearable, not in the slightest, and i have ultimately invested in a Carrara and to compare comfort it's just Chalk and cheese between the two, my Chinese belt I never managed more than a day, my Carrara ive gone over a month without a break.

5. RHer

RHer Active member

California, US
    Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    I'll provide the counter-argument... I got a cheap belt off amazon for $99. I've worn it almost daily (work hours, while my wife is away and I work from home) for about the last two months.

While it's by no means perfect, as I adjust and play with it I'm getting a much better idea of what is comfortable and workable. I'll get another cheap belt that's closer to what I want soon, I think. Then, when I know what I want, what the ideal sizing is, and so on, I'll be much more confident in laying down the $$$$ for a "real" belt.

There are a lot of these belts out there on DHgate, Alibaba, ebay, etc., that are all similar, but have different crotch options, rear strap options, waist options, etc. Shop around.

I'd say, if you have the means, don't be afraid of getting one of these belts, but know the limitations and treat it as a learning experience.

6. Jesse111

Jesse111 New member

Local Time:
    You mean by limitations that it will be of less quality than a normal belt?

7. RHer

RHer Active member

California, US
    Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    Depends on what you mean by 'normal' belt, but you generally get what you pay for. On a $100 belt, the steel is thin and of dubious 'stainless' quality, the fit will need work, the lining needs work, there are often rough or sharp edges that need work... But if you accept that the belt is fine.

Given the tools in my garage I'm pretty sure I could cut the waist band of any belt with only a little more effort than the thin sheet steel the cheap belts use. Someday I may pay for a better belt for the fit and finish, but this is a great belt to figure out what I do and don't like (and what my wife does and doesn't like!)

8. ShadovvRaven

ShadovvRaven New member

Automotive Paint/Paint Prep
    Utah
    Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    I have tried that one. I had issues getting it fitted right and trying to maintain a decent comfort level. I ended up getting a different one. I consider it a hybrid between a full belt and a ball trap device. Attached a picture. I did have to modify it a little and there is one weak point I am still trying to work out. But I have been able to wear it for 2 weeks straight. Going for 4-6 weeks right now. Let me know if you are interested in the ways I modified it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

9. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    Of course we are! Do tell please.

10. ShadovvRaven

ShadovvRaven New member

Utah
    Local Time:
    It is hard to see from that but will show more. You will be able to see that I changed the connection in the back to make it easier to install or remove the plug without having to remove the belt. You can also change the quick link out for a small lock if your KH requests. Also I wrapped the connection on the crotch strap with some really smooth fabric to help with the pinching. The wrapped the waist band and any exposed chain in electrical tape to keep it in place. Lastly I drilled some small holes in the tube to help with drainage and keeping things dry.

Attached Files:

Chaste J. likes this.
  11. ShadovvRaven

ShadovvRaven New member

Utah
    Local Time:
    I will need to get picks of the other changes later. For solo or long distance use I use a standard lock box and use the master lock speed dial. You can set the combo with any length of moves and anything more than 13 is going to be really hard to remember.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice