Wax, buff, or polish?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by tempered_panther, Jan 27, 2021.

1. tempered_panther

tempered_panther New member

Local Time:
    2:47 AM
    W/we switched to the BehindBarz system because the standard ball trap devices were irritating my balls (I developed an epididymal cyst, which causes pain when there's pressure on the scrotum).

I've noticed that the outer cage is starting to rust on the inside, so I'm looking at options for metal wax, so that when I pee it beads off rather than sticking to the cage and slowly acidifying/oxidizing the metal. Does anyone already do this, or have recommendations for products? I ask because I've noticed that a lot of metal waxes are corrosive, abrasive, or otherwise cause skin irritations (e.g. collinite metal wax 850).

2. lockedaway9

lockedaway9 Member

Local Time:
    12:47 AM
    Ceramic coating it seems like it would be an option, I know a distributor, I will ask him about potential skin irritations.

3. tempered_panther

tempered_panther New member

Local Time:
    Update: the folks at BehindBarz are sending me a new cage front, free of charge. Fantastic customer service.

4. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    That’s great news! When I read your OP I was going to reply along the lines of “BB purchasers spend a lot of money on those belts. I would have thought rust was the last thing to worry about”. But as that was not a helpful post, I deleted it.

Glad to hear they are making it right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice