Wanted!: CB-2000 1 3/4" A ring.

Discussion in 'For sale/wanted (Please be aware of scams)' started by Burger_01, May 17, 2010.

1. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    12:15 PM
    G'day everyone :)

No long story for me to tell here.. I'm trying to get sizing right before investing in a Mature metal. I'm looking for the 1.75 inch A ring from the CB-2000 set (solid rings, no hinges). I don't care if it has a colour or not.

Does anyone want to do me a huge favour and offer one up from their personal collection? I'm sure you all have old CB-2000s out there that aren't being used anymore, or better still, you have one that you use and you don't use the 1.75" ring!

I'm happy to pay postage, and perhaps a small amount (to recognise that going to the post office isn't your hobby) for this.

Hopefully someone can help out :)

2. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    The cb-2000 ring in dollyanne's comparison picture (in the review of the "Dolly" jailbird) is 1.75". It is the one dollyanne was using last. There are several other rings that come with it, including 1.5", 1 7/8", and 2". Are you trying to use different sizes to determine which size is right for you and you already have the other sizes and just need the 1.75" one?

One problem you could run into is the significant difference between the 1/4" steel ring and the 3/8" plastic one. As you can see from the pic the plastic ring is significantly thicker. It is also elliptical in cross-section, which gives it a slightly sharper edge, while the steel ring is circular and has more weight to it. The steel ring is more comfortable, even at the same inside diameter, and dollyanne believes the thinner ring is more difficult for the tessies to accidentally slip through (when the ring is worn alone). Dollyanne also found that she had to lubricate the plastic ring, which made it "slippery", while that has not been the case with the steel ring. The circular cross section, different friction, weight, and thinness of the steel ring definitely feels and behaves differently for dollyanne.

Have you considered the sizing ring option that Maturemetal offers? It looks like it is refundable if you order the chastity (and dolly assumes, send the rings back). That would give you your most accurate measurement and indication of fit. You might check with Maturemetal here and ask him about the conditions for the sizing rings before deciding for sure whether to use the plastic one for sizing.

Also, as dollyanne understands it, making a change to the ring size is a relatively easy adjustment if it turns out that you need a different size than the one you initially order (Maturemetal can perhaps clarify this).

dollyanne

3. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    Thanks Dollyanne, you've completely second guessed my plan. I do have all the other CB 2k rings, and I know that the 1.75" was my favourite before I LOST IT somewhere. I was hoping to grab another one and check how it felt again.

I have, and I'm in discussion with him right now.. but I'm trying to have the best of both worlds. I want to try the oval rings that Maturemetal recommends, but I also want to be able to compare that against a circular ring. I'm hoping to get a set of oval rings off MM, and a set of circle rings from the CB and compare sizes against each other.

Thanks for your thoughts concerning the differences between the two ring types and cross sections. I'll keep it in mind.

Many thanks.

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    I Just wanted to update this and say how awesome this place is.. A good samaritan has come through via PM, and I have hopefully got the ring I miss the most.

Thanks to that particular user, and thanks to the pet and MW for running a site that is so great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice