Vasectomy and Blue Balls

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Guest 6019, Sep 22, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    1:11 AM
    QUOTE="Wishful Husband, post: 481640, member: 33475"]I always wonder about people thinking their balls get that full after a long time without a release. I had a vasectomy almost 15 years ago, and my balls haven't been emptied since that time. They aren't all that full. I suspect it's more psychological than physical thinking they are full after a long time. (I understand that there are physiologic changes that happen after a vasectomy that are different than might happen when there is no chronic obstruction, but it makes me wonder.)[/QUOTE]

@Wishful Husband

This point interested me. So as a vasectomy patient myself, I guess my sperm is reabsorbed anyway, so any ejaculation liquid I have is only from the prostate? And blue balls is not possible for me? I'm confused. @Dr MBogo any clarity on this one would be appreciated

tiruh811 and nubbin like this.
  2. Wishful Husband

Wishful Husband Active member

East Coast USA
    Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    it seems that Blue Balls normally refers to "testicular hypertension", and is all about blood flow to the testicles and has nothing to do with Sperm per se. So it seems two answers.

1. Yes, the ejaculate you have is all prostate. (And from reading elsewhere normally counts for about a 1/3rd of normal ejaculate volume, so you and I are probably down 66% in volume of what our ejaculate used to be.)
    2. Blue Balls can still happen, since it has nothing to do with sperm.

(I'm in the medical field as well but not actively practicing medicine ATM. But fun to every once in a while research stuff again. But could well be wrong, so take everything with a grain of salt.)

tiruh811 likes this.
  3. NotInUse

NotInUse Long term member

Maintenance
    Manchester
    Local Time:
    I could be wrong but I suspect that it's more of a blood related thing. I too have had the snip and still get blue balls.......during and for a brief time after being aroused. If it is a blood thing, it's a little funny how the ball sack feels cold to the touch. I don't know. It needs a physician or similar to weigh in on the subject.

4. Guest 6019

Local Time:
    I was at day 8 until the other day and I wouldn't say they were blue, but they felt full. What the fuck is that then? And what is the medical explanation for testicular hypertension. I have a cousin I could ask.

5. Guest 6019

Local Time:
  6. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    @Wishful Husband

This point interested me. So as a vasectomy patient myself, I guess my sperm is reabsorbed anyway, so any ejaculation liquid I have is only from the prostate? And blue balls is not possible for me? I'm confused. @Dr MBogo any clarity on this one would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

You are correct-any ejaculate from a man who's had a vasectomy will not contain sperm. (assuming it's been long enough to flush out any residual). And, the whole "blue balls" phenomena is highly speculative. There is no medical explanation or definition for it. Sperm is in fact absorbed, and for the vast majority of men with vasectomies, there are no consequences. However, a few men (vasectomy or not) will swear that if they do not ejaculate for awhile (again, a highly variable amount of time) they will get "Blue Balls", which includes swelling of the testicles and a dusky or "blue" tinge to the scrotum. In reality, the only way to make the scrotum turn blue is to cut off the blood supply, NOT the flow of sperm. And, yes, I've had a vasectomy (after 6 kids, LOL) also, long before I went into chastity, and have never had a problem with it.

Wishful Husband likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice