Upgraded to a Jailbird, first impressions

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by lockedtight206, Aug 30, 2022.

1. lockedtight206

Washington State
    Local Time:
    10:24 PM
    TLDR; My new Jailbird arrived today and I could not be any happier at all after the first 4 hours of wear. Extremely comfortable and a huge upgrade from the Bon4M I had primarily been using. I hadn't been unhappy with the Bon4M but now that I'm in the Mature Metal it's obvious that it's vastly more comfortable. MM were super responsive to questions, and super fast with my rush order (10 days from placing order to device in hand, including two weekends). Highly recommended.

If you are into pics, you can find ones of each of my devices including the new Jailbird in my gallery. My background is I'm relatively new to chastity, having been locked up on and off in my Bon 4M cage mostly over the last 4 weeks. Have only done a couple overnights, but those went fine apart from the expected waking and minor discomfort from nighttime erections. I got a Kink3d Cobra N+ as well to try, but I found the resin too flexible, and the gap too large (even with their wider rings). The Bon4 needed a little manual sanding/polishing in a couple rough spots and to round the sharp edges on the ring and base of cage just a bit, but overall I was fairly happy with it's comfort. The main issue I had was the Bon4M was a bit too long, and the Cobra N+ was definitely too short even if I was able to solve the gap issues with the Cobra. Looking at various quality cages it was clear I'd need a custom sized to get the length right as I just seem to be between the common standard sizes various manufactures have.

Anyway, fast forward and I ended up deciding on a MM Jailbird based on the many rave reviews. We ordered sizing rings, measured over and over etc. Finally placed an order, and because of my goddess keyholder's great reaction to our initial chastity ventures and insistence we couldn't wait months to get a better fitting device to keep me caged more often and longer in we payed up for a rush fee. My Jailbird is 2 1/4" cage length, 1 3/8" inner diameter, with a 1 5/8" oval base ring and the security screw option.

I got two other oval rings, one sized up and one down at 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" as well. I wanted some flexibility if I gain or loose a little weight and also just felt like I'd rather buy a few extra rings than have to send the cage back in to get a new ring matched to the locking screw/threading if I had to order one later. So far the 1 5/8" one seems perfect as I expected given my experience with the Bon4M 42mm being a good fit and based on the MM sizing rings. I was a little unsure about gap sizes, so I went with 3/8" based on MM saying it fits almost everyone and 1/4" seeming very small. The Bon4M had spacers to allow 8mm, 11mm, and 14mm and I had been wearing at the 8mm as either 11mm or 14mm I had slip outs. The Bon4M spec of 8mm doesn't really account for ring size and doesn't seem to be a true gap size anyway though. 3/8" comes out to 9.5mm and so far seems fine, but most my ball escapes happen when I'm high and tight in the mornings while my cremaster muscles/testes seem to relax and hang comfortably lower in the afternoons and evenings so it may be too early for me to be sure.

I was also a little unsure going oval rather than round as I'd been thinking I was pretty comfortable in the round Bon4M base rings as well as pretty comfortable just wearing the MM sizing ring. However, after carefully measuring, eyeing, and trying to judge if my anatomy tends more oval I decided it did. I'm so far glad I went oval. The oval immediately did feel more comfortable to me once on.

For length, I went back and forth between 2" or 2 1/4". So far 2 1/4" seems to have been the right thing. I have a tendency to turtle a little when sitting, and I can end up just short of the end of the cage in that scenario, but then when standing I am so far always reaching the end of the cage and it fits like a glove then. Comfort seems great.

I'll be wearing the device lots more over the coming days/weeks of course and will update this thread as my impressions evolve, but I can't say enough about how responsive Mature Metal was to my questions, how quickly they got my order done with a rush fee, and how happy I am with initial impressions after 4 hours in cage today. I'm thinking the Jailbird will keep me happy a long time, but also already thinking about maybe a second MM device for my Christmas gift this year just to have some variety and mix-up the style/access levels.

2. LockedScott

LockedScott Active member

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    Looking forward to making a similar post. About the same starting timeline but didn’t pay for the 2-3 week rush order until a week after my original order.

3. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    So glad you are pleased :) Let us know if you ever have any questions.

4. Stephplayswithyou

Stephplayswithyou Long term member

Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    That's awesome and great to hear. I've been thinking about it for a bit now and am leaning towards ordering a MM as well. I like the idea of metal and combine with the easier to clean, I think it's a better option for the long run. Any updates now that you've had it for a little bit?

5. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:

Great write up. How has the turtle affect been for you? I had the same issue when seated and then I don’t return to my proper alignment and need to use q-tips to get better alignment again. Wondered how it’s going for you? Thank you.

6. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:
    I think this is now resolved with a bit of lube and time in the cage the little guy finds it super comfy and not even realizing it’s there! Love my MM JB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice