Tutorial on Virtual Master/Mistress

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by dollyanne, Jan 25, 2009.

?

Are you interested in participating in a tutorial on virtual Master/Mistress?

1. Yes--I'm definitely interested and WILL participate!

92.3%
  2. No--I'm not interested at this time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe--it depends on how easy it is and how much time I have.

7.7%
  4. Don't know--I still don't know what VM is or whether it would be useful.

7.7%
Random Thread
  1. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    Dollyanne is about to re-vamp her script for virtual Master/Mistress and was thinking about the possibility of starting a thread that might take someone from scratch on how to build a script for it using her script as an example. Dolly is by no means an expert, but has been through the script development process at least once. Dolly knows there are other members here who also are using it, or have used it in the past who might also help.

VM is a program for those subs/slaves/sissies who don't currently have a Master or Mistress and wish to control themselves, or for a Mistress/Master who wants to provide more daily remote control of their subject and receive daily reports on their activities. It includes things like permissions, reports, confessions, assignments, and punishments. It also has a built-in merit points system.

While dollyanne's script is sissy/feminization training oriented, there are also other aspects dolly plans to include such as weight loss and some vanilla projects dollyanne wants to follow through on.

Where there is personal information in dollyanne's script, that part will probably be made more generic for the thread. Participants in the tutorial may also get ideas from each other and may want to post some of their thoughts or ideas as well.

Anyway, dollyanne has attached a poll to gauge the level of interest in this. Please take the poll if you get a chance and indicate yes, no, maybe, or don't know.

Masters/Mistresses may want to consider taking or at least following along in the tutorial as well. The ideal situation is to have a Master/Mistress who controls the script and receives automatic reports via e-mail for compliance.

Dolly will decide whether to offer the tutorial based on the level of interest.

Curtsies and Huggs,
    :manga_balloon:
    dollyanne

2. dollyanne

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    More about the tutorial

One thing dollyanne didn't mention about this is that the VirMst program is free, and as far as dollyanne knows is also free of malware. Dolly has scanned it with Kaspersky anti-virus as well as Trojan Hunter. It never hurts to use other scanners on it to be on the safe side.

There is also a Yahoo Group for asking questions and downloading the latest versions as well as sample scripts that can be used.

The interest poll will close on Sunday, Feb 8.

Curtsies and Huggs,
    :butterfly:
    dollyanne

3. HerProperty

HerProperty Explorer

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    Eventhough I voted for: "Maybe--it depends on how easy it is and how much time I have." I'd like to inform that I will surely go for YES!
    Installed the prog. yesterday and been tweaking it through this time. It seems a very proper for me and my KH's situation, where KH isn't actually very domme. Now I've just tested and used to inspire myself, maybe with some time it could also be helpfull for Her too, instead of just being a reporting tool.

For upcoming users, I also suggest to joining in the discussion group, there's some very helpfull information for basic needs, sadly not much examples for V3 but the earlier are also adaptable for current version with modifications.

Program is easy to use and also easily modifiable. Installed the editor, but haven't used it much, just been going with plain notepad.

I have not used similiar programs as this, but this surely gives a lot for basic needs. Points 9+.

4. dollyanne

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    Thank you, herproperty! With your addition that means 6 people are interested so far! It sounds like you are already getting started. That's great. Dollyanne uses the Crimson Editor which can be downloaded from the yahoo group or from the web. It's a nice editor--it color codes things and has a good search capability. Dollyanne hopes to get started as soon as the poll is over, which is this coming weekend.

Huggs,
    dollyanne

5. dollyanne

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    The poll is now closed and dollyanne wants to thank everyone who voted. It looks like there is sufficient interest in the topic to justify a tutorial on virtual Master/Mistress, otherwise known as VM. Dominion is also familiar with cyberMistress, which she has offered to help us with as well.

Dolly will get started with the first "lesson" and assignment this week. Prepare for domination fun!

Curtsies and Huggs,
    dollyanne

6. dollyanne

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    Dollyanne apologizes for the slow start on the VM tutorial. :bad-girl-0009: Mistress Watchful's pet charlotte is preparing a special tutorial section for our use. Meanwhile, while dolly is preparing the Introduction you might want to consider downloading and installing the VM files and an editor.

1. VM files: You can download the VM files HERE. Be sure to download version VirMst30_B7a.zip. That is the latest version as of today. You'll need WinZip to extract the files. Put them in whatever named folder you like. Dolly puts them in a folder named "VM".

After you extract the files, this is what you should get:

VM Files.jpg
    (Click to enlarge!)

You won't have "dollyclothes5.txt" or "dolly-virmst3.ini" in there as these are dolly's clothes definition file and script file respectively. These are the files you will be developing for your own use with VM.

You'll see two demo script files--demo-male.ini and demo-female.ini--for use with getting familiar with the program operation. You should also have two documentation files--the script writing manual and user guide. The VM executable is "VirMst3.exe".

2. Next, you'll need an editor to use in writing your script. Dollyanne uses the Crimson Editor. It is a general purpose editor used for many different programming languages. Dolly likes the search capability it has and the way it color codes things. You can use any plain text editor you like--even Notepad--as long as the output is a plain .txt file. For example using Microsoft Word .doc files won't work because of the special formatting they contain. However, if you save the file as a plain .txt file it should work. If you want to use the Crimson Editor, you can download the latest release (3.70)from HERE. (It's free.) To get the color coding effect when using it you'll need to put ";VirMst" (without the quotes) as the very first line of the script text file. This tells the editor that the script file you are developing will be executed by the VirMst.exe program.

After installing the editor, you can run it by double clicking "cedt.exe". Then you can open one of the demo script files with it--demo-male.ini, or demo-female.ini--put ";VirMst" in line one of the file, save it, and the next time you open the file you should get the color coding.

You can PM dolly or comment in this thread with any questions, problems, comments, or whatever. Dollyanne would like to know how many people are all set up to go and who is having problems!

Huggs,
    dollyanne

7. zadig

zadig Member

Local Time:
    3:23 PM
    oh wow!! Thank you for posting this information. I played with the program years ago but wasn't really getting how the scripts went! zadig

8. HerProperty

HerProperty Explorer

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    Just a bumb for this, I'm remembering that own section for this would come up, I also could be wrong.... so just asking the current status..

9. dollyanne

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    Thank you, HerProperty. Dollyanne hasn't forgotten about this and has been working on it, albeit slowly because of other things happening. Mistress Watchful's pet is planning on having a special Tutorial section for things like this as well as how to use the site. It should probably be in place shortly after they return (although fixing the chatroom may take a higher priority!)

Meanwhile, if you want to download the latest verstion of VM, go to the yahoo group HERE and download the latest version from the files section under folder "Virtual Master 3.0 Beta". The latest as of this writing is: VirMst30_B8a.zip.

Dollyanne apologizes for the delay. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Huggs,
    dollyanne

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice