Tube style device hygene

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Burger_01, Dec 12, 2014.

Random Thread
  1. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    Hi everyone,

I've been away for a loooong time, but I'm hoping to spend a bit of time here every now and then.

Anyway, to the question.

For those in tube style devices, like the Lori #5 or similar devices from steelwerks and steelworx, and probably even the full belts.. How do you find cleaning down the tube?

What techniques do you use, how long would you typically go without cleaning?

2. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    Welcome back!

I have a Steelwerks tube and a Lori #5 and both are very easy to keep clean! I just use a q-tip and the anti microbial soap that I got with my piercing. Once a day is enough but twice is ideal.

The easy cleaning and comfort really make this style fantastic for long term without removal!

Burger_01 likes this.
  3. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    Hey @Burger_01 - it has been a long time since you last posted - far too long in fact

Great to see you back - do hang around :)

There seems to be quite an Aussie contingent here now ;)

Burger_01 likes this.
  4. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    @Burger_01 Mistress boils my one. i don't put it back in tho till its gone cold.

5. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    I only wear my Steelworx Steelheart for a few days at a time (Jail Bird other times), so I can't claim to be an expert on long term hygiene, but what I do is work some shower gel in through the back of the tube and then rinse out by using a shower shot hose to force water in. If I were going to do longer term I'd probably get one of the water pik attachments that attach to the shower head -- that would get inside easier.

6. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    Thanks everyone.

We have a hand held shower head, and that works very well for keeping my jailbird clean, but if you had 2-3 inches of tube, I can see the water making it through, but I can't see how things would ever dry out after your shower. I wouldn't want such sensitive skin to be left permanently moist!

7. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    Thanks corsac! I guess fiddling a q tip down the side would allow the water to wash past. Do you have any techniques for drying off? I've been thinking maybe a hair dryer? Do you fin you can get the towel to wick the moisture away?

Cheers

8. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    I have been wearing my tube style device for several years exclusively. I have been kept in it a few times up to six months without being unlocked at all (not my choice..he,he) so I had to figure out how to stay clean, sanitized and healthy.

First off, you have to stay committed to cleaning at least once a day. Having said that, Q-tips are not the best way to go. They are too short and they get weak when when wet. Once that happens, the cotton tips can come off inside the cage. I didn't notice once and I developed an open sore that took a while to heal. My KH wife almost stopped the lifestyle right then and there.

I use Swab-its instead of Q-tips. I get them in 50 packs on ebay cheap. I get about 2 weeks or so out of each one. These things are a chastity wearers delight. They are industrial grade and have a sturdy long plastic stem that allows you to get to all the nooks and crannies and a heavy duty foam tip. I use regular soap, rinse the tip and use it to clean the soap residue out. Then dry the inside with a dry one. Only takes minutes. Once a week I apply a little anti-bacterial ointment (A&D) to the tip and swab it around inside of the cage to coat my penis to keep the skin healthy.

I have never had any problems. No odors ever, no skin irritations or anything else. You just have to be diligent. I also have to confess that I elongated the hole in the tip of the cage and the custom anti-pullout I made keeps the tip of my penis always touching the tip of the cage which helps eliminate any chances of urine getting in the tube.

9. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    I use another q tip, and a hair dryer works great to get the rest. I have not had any trouble with them coming apart, but I can see how that could happen depending on the tube.

10. HZX

HZX Active member

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    @Burger_01
    Do not worry. Tube-style devices are very easy to maintain hygiene.

11. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I intentionally ordered my Steelheart 2 with a slightly larger diameter than my Jail Bird (it's not exactly look, but big enough that my penis isn't compressed inside it. That, plus the fact that the Steelheart has a couple of slits in the end, as meant that just air drying after a shower hasn't been a problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice