Titanium ChastiTi Ti-550 Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by hubsub, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hubsub

hubsub a locked & happy cuck

Central North Carolina
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:17 AM
    Summary:
    • Pre-sale Service: 4.5 of 5
    • Post-sale Service: 2 of 5 (large gaps in communication)
    • Finished Product: 4 of 5
    • Fit & Comfort: 4 of 5

A beautiful & comfortable hand-crafted device in titanium, marred only by haphazzard communication and a classic case of timeframe "Over-promise & Under-delivery".

Before Buying:

I was driven to this style of device due to the inability to wear ring-based devices long-term. After doing a lot of research and having some highly negative initial email exchanges with various other vendors, I happened to chat with Ti in the CM Chat Room one day, and became interested in his devices.

I had a long and active email exchange with Ti before buying, and found him to be very forthcoming, helpful, and ready to provide sizing information & advice. I have some light machining capability, and so made my own sizing rings based on dimensions & specs of the -550 design that he provided, and so was able to come to the "right" size with a high degree of confidence.

We agreed on the design (I wanted the barrel of the device to be without the vents along the side), the sizing, and the pins.

Since I had a new PA and was actively stretching to larger sizes, I didn't want to have to wait until I reached my final guage, nor did I want to buy a device which would prevent me from sizing up to my goal.

We agreed on 3 pins: 6ga, 4ga, 2ga.

Once we agreed on these things, he gave me an estimated time-frame for completion (approximately 2 months), and the price (£299).

I paid via PayPal, and we were off to the races as of mid-October. ETA at this point was mid-December

A Bit of Nail-Biting

At this point, I settled back to heal my new PA, and await my device. We continued to have occasional email exchanges. I asked for and recieved a photo & dimensions of the keys, as I wanted to make some key-fitting jewelry for Mrs while I waited.

I want to be very clear here, lest anyone misunderstand. Ti was very up-front that this is not a full-time business for him, he has a full-time job which is not making chastity devices, and he does this in his spare time and nearly at-cost. I am fine with that. When he emailed me to let me know of a setback (his lathe blew a motor controller), it was fine, and I appreciated his letting me know of the delay. I'm a hobby machininst myself, so I know the kinds of things that can go wrong in a home shop.

The original estimate was approximately 2 months. The actual time from payment to receipt of device was 4 months. That delay in itself wouldn't have been too problematic, except for two periods of "radio silence" (one of which was 3 weeks long) which were explained only after the fact. IMHO, a couple of minutes to fire off an email isn't too much to ask and would have gone a long way to aleviating my stress at the much-longer-than-anticipated wait. There were times when I really wondered if I would ever receive it, or if I should write off the money spent and order from a different manufacturer.

However, in mid-February it finally arrived, 2 days before my birthday.

The End Result

The device arrived in a small nondescript cardboard box with all the pieces well-packed and wrapped in tissue-paper, and nestled in the obligatory fuzzy red pouch, and two keys. The pieces themselves are beautifully polished and shiny, and all surfaces and edges feel very smooth to the touch.

It's hard to overstate just how beautiful the piece is in person. Photos don't really do it justice.

I promised Ti I would not divulge the actual locking mechanism details, but it is very clever, and changing out the pins is quite easy. The lock itself operates smoothly. The brass tab on the lock has some sharp corners that could use some easing, but that is trivial to do with an emory board.

The supplied keys are typical for these types of inline locks, and look much like what you would expect to see locking a filing cabinet in the office. However, there's enough meat that with a little creative effort in my workshop, I was able to cut down the keys to a more discreet size. I'll probably work up some jewelry versions myself in the future, but if you don't have that capability, Ti also offers a "jewelry key" treatment option.

This is one of the keys after I cut it down:

A quick wash in degreaser (to remove any left-over polishing compound or machining coolant), a 30-minute boil of the titanium parts (to sterilize), and a drop of graphite oil in the lock, and it was ready to go.

The PA pins have some variation in curvature, and the 6ga pin was too uncomfortable to wear for long, which was quite disappointing, but it turns out that given the lateness of the delivery, I was able to go directly to the 4ga pin without any problems. I gather that this experience has driven Ti to not refuse to make 6ga pins again, as it was apparently a tremendous amount of trouble to machine.

This style of device in my experience is simply the most comfortable wearing. There's no sense of restriction in movement, and with tight underwear like boxer briefs, it's very easy to forget it is on. Riding a bike or exercising is not a problem at all.

Add to that that it's made of solid titanium so it weighs more like aluminum or plastic than steel, and you have a device that virtually disappears once its locked on you.

But does it Work?

Bottom line, yes, for me. I can't achieve a real erection, and that's deliciously frustrating.

Your milage may vary, as they say, and everyone seems to respond differently to different devices. If you are a "grower" (in girth, especially), then a ringless tube-only style device like this should work great for you, if sized properly. If you're primarily a "shower" or grow primarily in length, but not much in girth, then a tube-only device isn't likely to do much for you.

What I get is a partial erection through the exposed part of the shaft, and still mostly flaccid in the "encased" portion. I can not really get fully hard before the discomfort of the constrained portion causes it to "give up". And because I'm significantly a "grower" in both length and girth, the tube still manages to constrain more than half my shaft because it has to get erect to get longer, and it can't.

There are no "morning wood" issues with this device, because there isn't a base ring to put pressure on the scrotum, so the partial erections are uncomfortable, but not enough to wake me up.

Should I get one?

This one is a little harder to answer.

I gather that ringless tubes don't work for everyone. Also, I'm all about supporting the little guys, and Ti's work is truly beautiful. But the very large gaps in communication I experienced would cause anyone pause.

If you want something more mass-produced, or are on a timetable, this probably isn't your device.

If you want the super-light-weight of titanium and have the time and patience to wait for someone who isn't devoting their full attention to manufacturing your device, then yes, go for it. You won't find a better deal on a titanium device anywhere, and the workmanship is first-rate.

corsac likes this.
  2. Gabriellia

Gabriellia Long term member

Technician
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    12:17 AM
    Photos?

I'm currently waiting a 600?

3. hubsub

Central North Carolina
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    There are photos... waiting for a Mod to approve them

Gabriellia likes this.
  4. hubsub

Central North Carolina
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    OK, the photos should be up now.

Also, spotted this typing error above:

Should read:

I gather that this experience has driven Ti to refuse to make 6ga pins again, as it was apparently a tremendous amount of trouble to machine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice