Three Years in - A Cherry Keeper Update!

Discussion in 'Cherry Keeper' started by JosieLynn Jewell, Oct 1, 2021.

1. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    9:08 AM
    I post something like this every year, on the anniversary of introducing Cherry Keeper, and I won't lie, it's been a long twelve months... But... I am here. I am healthy. I am alive... and, I am locked. It's a good start to Locktober, which started over a week ago here, but the more (days) the merrier, right?

I launched Cherry Keeper three years ago today, and wow, the things I didn't know at the time! What is life without some lessons to help you grow though? Between my family, my day job, and Cherry Keeper, I've worked 7 days nearly every week for three years now. I feel very strongly about doing those three things to the best of my ability though, so it's neither a complaint, nor a call for pity. It can be tough for some who see my shop and see it just as "a business", which it is, but it was born out of a love for the kink and a desire for everyone to have a positive experience with chastity. Most everyone has been understanding if I don't respond to their questions immediately, and I appreciate you all and have always done my best to answer every question that comes in through the shop. (DM me on reddit though and you're unlikely to hear back)

There have been some truly positive things this past year though. Shapeways reached out to me for my feedback and input on some things, they even assigned me my own account rep. So far, we're off to a good start, I've really been pushing for a few things to be improved and added to the Shapeways marketplace, but I guess they've been real busy getting listed on the NYSE or something (the day before Locktober starts? no coincidence there!), so those things have been moving more slowly than I would have hoped. Hopefully soon I'll have something specific to announce!

The question I hear most often these days is "When will you take custom orders?" and honestly, I don't know. I do know they won't be back being done the way they were before where I'd take everyone’s info over the course of however long they wanted to take to get it to me and then queue up those who've paid to get done. I had 14 custom orders "open" last year at one point waiting for people to answer questions, pay, make decisions, etc. It was too chaotic and was too difficult to manage. If I can figure out some sort of lottery process or system to use for customers who are completely ready with all questions answered and ready to pay, I'll bring them back slowly, and in low volume, but nothing is set in stone yet. If anyone has seen any sort of system for managing this, reach out to me with info! The flip side of that is custom rings - I'm still doing those quite regularly. Single, Double, Triple, Flat, Ergonomic, Ball Hook, Love Handles, Angled? sure, not a problem! IF there's a ring you want that isn't in the shop already, message me through the shop and ask me to add it. Oh, also, there will be a new ring "add-on" option within the coming months that has some interesting uses and wear experience. There are just one or two more things I want to design into it that I need to figure out how best to include.

This one is a bit of a pipe dream, but I also have hope to help my customers FIND what they want in the shop - There's a lot in there, and it can be overwhelming, I know. It's organized the way it best made sense... in 2019... I've slowly been gathering data together that could be used to narrow things down, but I would need to get something developed that can take my data from excel and make it filterable on a new web GUI for folks.

The one thing I do love to see is that people are still enjoying their Cherry Keepers, and posting things ago it, pictures, or asking questions and advice - if you haven't checked it out, there's a subreddit just for CK! /r/CherryKeeper3D.

Sales in 2021 have improved year over last, so I am thankful for anyone who's supported me, recommend me to a friend, or just even asked questions. The more people see there is more to chastity devices than just CB, HT, and Chinese metal style cages, the better!

As with last year, I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year holds and hope to still be here. I'd love to hear feedback on what could be improved - Every day I am interested in being better than I was yesterday.

Love, JosieLynn

Milo66, tegelad, TheGenericDL and 9 others like this.
  2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    6:08 AM
    Josie,

I write to you while wearing my "virgin white" "short" cage and a "virgin white" 47mm ergo ring with a 3 degree downward tilt!

Seriously, I write to thank you for the hard work you have put into the Cherry Keeper line. You've impacted my life in many ways--and as you are locked yourself, I am sure you can understand most of them!

And since you asked, my only recommendation in general is to consider, if you haven't already, putting a radius on the outer edges of the mating section of the ring and cage. Looking down at my combination, I see no structural reason for the sharp edges. The mating surfaces, obviously, need that 90 degree edge. But the outer edge with no contact? Rounded as part of the design would help. And I think this change could easily be applied to all models.

I have rounded mind a bit with sandpaper, but lose a little bit of the professional "finished look" by doing so.

Again, overall, you are the best! I'll keep adding to my collection!

Laz

3. SissyKayli

SissyKayli Active member

US
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the update JosieLynn! Congratulations on your three years. I love my cherry keeper(s)! I think the one thing that I’d love to see is a more sealed version to help keep things clean for longer. I can generally go a couple of weeks at least without unlocking, but I just wish the plastic was smooth and sealed so that I don’t have to worry about it. Any news on that? Or on a method to really seal them?

I want to add that I love the headlock feature, the cage I usually wear is a small with the XL headlock. I could probably pull out if I really wanted to (I think), but there’s alot of friction and with the cage all locked I don’t think I’d be able to line things up to get it back on - so I don’t try to pull out.

JosieLynn Jewell and Lazlo Toth like this.
  4. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    That's one of the things I'm working with Shapeways on - The Black PA12 smooth is available, but not on the Marketplace (YET!), and they have a new process for other colors and vapour smoothing that should be available soon. I'm really pushing them to offer a high gloss smooth version of that as the samples they've sent me are matte and could-be-smoother

Slave-boy and Lazlo Toth like this.
  5. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Hopefully goes without saying: The current "egg shell" texture is a feature--not a bug--for a lot of us. So while I would also welcome a smooth/sealed version, I hope the egg shell texture always remains available. That texture is what keeps things snug to my body. Other devices with smooth surfaces simply slide off annoyingly.

6. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    oh, different finishes will be kept available! More options = more choices (which also = more confusion sometimes, but that's for me to worry about)

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  7. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for discussing this with me - we're on the same page!

So to clarify, The Gen 2 lock body that I released last year has that exact change to it. With that said, it only applies to newly designed rings and cages, as I did not go through and update the back catalog of designs to switch them over. The bulk of that chamfer applies to the ring, and right now I think about 35% of the rings in the shop are Gen 2 and are clearly marked as such. AS time goes by, a higher percentage of things will be Gen 2, but it's no small task to update 300 models! (maybe I'll wait til gen 3 comes out - hah!)

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  8. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Thanks for working so hard to put and keep the product on the market. Mine is relatively new, but is the best cage i've had so far. I appreciate your help in finding a better fit. Good luck for the coming year.

JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  9. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    JosieLynn,

Bless you! Your broad range of options is truly fantastic--and usable. So I love how you talked about a sorting/search logic to your site. THAT'S the solution, I think, not a culling of offerings.

The advantage of 3D printing is the lack of hard tooling. So I hope that advantage remains a strategic advantage in your offerings.

10. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    11:08 PM
    Best low cost chastity system available!

11. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    congratulations !

CK is a fantastic product in so many ways.

12. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Thank you, I'm happy to hear you think so!

13. wookies

wookies New member

Network Engineer
    maine
    Local Time:
    Love looking at the devices, after reading this decided to purchase a 4th device.

I think we are going to love our CherryKeeper,

14. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    Hi JosieLynn
    Glad to hear you’re doing well. I looked back and confirmed my first CK purchase was December 2018. Almost 3 years ago. After several iterations, and customs, by 2019 I was there. I’ve been wearing the thin bar cage and ring you designed me, everyday since I received it. My body has adjusted over time, and I don’t even realize it any more. It does it’s job, and only my wife has the authority to permit me full erections. I made her the key you designed (and did the DIY here on CM) and she wears that daily. She gets many vanilla compliments on that piece of jewelry. If anyone knows what it’s for, they sure haven’t admitted it. This all has been life changing for our marriage.

Thank you.

After about 2 years in this cage, I’m getting an itch to make one small adjustment to the tip opening. Might contact you about that sometime.

regards

15. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Glad to hear things are still working well - some times when you don't hear an update you wonder how things are going.

Your guide on finishing and polishing the key is wonderful, and I've directed a number of customers to that post for a little bit of "what's possible?"

SheMastersMyDomain likes this.
  16. wookies

wookies New member

Network Engineer
    maine
    Local Time:
    This is 100% the reason we ordered from your site. The Key for the KH to wear and a 3d printed ring/cage.

I cannot wait for it's arrival.

17. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    @JosieLynn Jewell , no chance you want to put those excel sheets on google drive, is there ? i'm looking for the intersection of this dimension and that feature and so on, and it can be tough to be sure i've looked at everything.

also it would help if shapeways backend itself weren't so slow :D it was a better site seven years ago or so.

18. Draconyx

Draconyx Active member

California, USA
    Local Time:
    I have been in this same cage for at least a year. I can't find a steel replacement that isn't $300+. This cage just fits too perfectly.. I hope one day metal printing gets perfected and I can get my perfect cage in unbending metal. Keep up the amazing work

JosieLynn Jewell and Lazlo Toth like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice