The Unexpected Moment

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mistress Jules, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:49 AM
    Yesterday @lockit and myself went on a little excursion in the evening and it struck me sitting beside him as we were being driven around that this was one of those moments.

It wasn’t a Wow moment or an epiphany moment, it was just a moment when I realised that we were together, doing something for ourselves. No work, no kink, no families, no obligations, no anything apart from him and me taking time to be together as a couple. It was like a bubble of time, enjoying just being together, holding hands, laughing, watching the world go by.

How often do moments like this happen?

Not often enough, there always seems to be family, work, preparations, underlying expectations. To have that moment of time when you are just spending time with each other away from day to day life was priceless.

Do you have a favourite time that turned into an unexpected moment?

2. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    4:49 AM
    Both You and lockit clearly have something very special and something which I know only too well is very rare indeed. Good luck to you both, may you continue to have many more moments like this and cherish every one.

Mistress Jules and lockit like this.
  3. Mr M

Mr M Find yourself, find peace; find others, find joy.

Professional
    Florida, USA
    Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    @FEMabAC and myself travel just for that reason, we often find the Unexpected moments away from our normal life. Because of kids, we recently went to club med, as it unloads a lot of the normal burdens from travel. Lucky for us, the week was filled with these moments. One I really liked was waking up next to each other at the pool after a nap. Not a care in the world and just us overlooking a beautiful day. Nothing required in that moment.

Mistress Jules and lockit like this.
  4. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    10:49 PM
    We have 5 kids and very little money, so it is rare that we get out to do anything as a couple. Maybe a couple times per year.

5. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    I have been with Elle for nearly thirty years and I can still remember the first time I saw her, the way she smiled at me, the realization that I liked her.

While we have been living in Germany we go skiing at least once a year. It is so easy as we can jump in our car, drive for about eight hours and we are in the Alps. As we have got older we are less interested in spending every available second on the slopes and are more about just enjoyment no ourselves and having a good time.

Last year we went to Austria and had a brilliant week. We spent one day lazing around in the hotel, having a sauna (German style, which means naked. Elle unlocked me for that!) going for a swim in a brilliant indoor pool and just relaxing. We spent another day exploring the local area, walking in the foothills, finding a bakerei for Kaffee und Kuchen and, well, just relaxing again.

I can't imagine not being with Elle.

Steve-0 likes this.
  6. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    Although I worked long hours, we always made time to just be ourselves and have fun. Those wow moments were our normal life and not isolated moments. I have strived to suck all the fun out of life as I can before I die. I did not want drama and obligations in my life. Did not join clubs where I was obligated to do something. Moved away from home when I was 18 and avoided family drama. We saw family on rare occasions. No kids, so lots of freedom and extra money. I had a vision of how I wanted to live my life and more than surpassed it. I never accounted for two women in my life who not only loved me, but each other as well.

I am a big believer in "we" time and spared no expense to get it. We went on a lot of vacations each year as well as getaway weekends. Even if it was just snuggling up at night to watch a movie, I always valued the time we had to just be with each other. I think the longevity of our marriage is due to how emotionally close we are and how we make each other laugh. Our life and marriage is far from normal but we were so close to each other that to us it was just our normal life. I wish you have more of those moments because life is short and in the end, our jobs and all the other BS mean nothing.

7. salonslave

salonslave I play for a living and work for fun.

SW Louisiana, USA
    Local Time:
    9:49 PM
    We are human beings, but if we aren't careful, due to all our responsibilities we can live as himan doings. Sometimes we have to deliberately just be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice