The psychology of cage and key

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Dogchasecats, Mar 2, 2022.

Tags:
?

Does wearing a key or a cage change how you think about yourself? Does it change identity?

1. Yes

74.3%
  2. No

18.3%
  3. Never thought about it

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Random Thread
  1. Dogchasecats

Dogchasecats Princess Elizabeth
    Verified Female

Theater
    Texas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    #1 Dogchasecats, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    I asked my hubby about the feelings being caged gave him and his reply was a bit long and he rambled but had some interesting points I had not thought about. How does being caged make you feel? How does wearing the key make you feel?

his reply:

It's a psychological study you might like to understand. It might be best thought of like the psychology of a uniform.

I have read a lot about this.

First of all It's butterflies in my stomach when I am caged especially in public all day because I feel it touching me. It's a secret that only you and I share (plus those you tell). When you wear your your key on a chain those feelings intensify. Wearing the cage is part A and the key is part B. It works for me just being caged - key or no key but the butterflies are there always. It's just more butterflies when you wear your key. The cage works on me as well but also when I see you wear the key. The key works on your identity as well when you wear it in public. It's a powerful part B of the uniform.

When I move I am constantly reminded of you. A message is broadcast to my brain every few seconds as I feel the cage. It tells me who you are in my world and who I am in relationship to you. It's a 24 hour reinforcement of a new identity. It's sort of like a military or work uniform and works in the same way.

There is a reason uniforms are used. They help solidify a new role identity and belonging to a group in the mind of the wearer. Uniforms change behavior. The Roman's would tattoo a chain or use a metal collar on slaves to establish identity. In modern times uniforms are used to change identity and behaviors. Gangs use tattoos, colors and hand signs. Uniforms influence behavior because they change self image. The cage and key are like all those things but more intense I would think. My uniform is hidden and your key is public.

In my case instead of being taught to adopt a role of a soldier or fedex man mine teaches me that I belong to you. It teaches me you are above me. It humbles me. It reinforces your athority and my respect of you. As I accept the new identity of servant my behavior changes.

My tiny uniform is gradually changing my perceived identity role into someone who's purpose is to serve you and by extension our family.

It also gradually changes my perception the nature of our relationship. It also happens when I see you wear the key on your chain. I am constantly feeling and being programmed with the new message that you are to be respected and obeyed and I am to be respectful of you each time I feel the cage or see you wearing the key. I could learn this identity without being locked like when you snap your fingers and I surrender and obey. In that moment of obedience I get the message of the new identity. However it's short lived. The cage and key however are an all day assault on my previous identity and behaviors replacing them with those of service and obedience. Over time I think of myself and you differently.

It's a whole psychological study. Over time uniforms make big changes in identity and by extension behavior. There is a real life behavioral change that for me is very intense. When you wear the key on the chain it does something similar to your identity. Your identity gradually accepts its status as one of power as you wear the key. You then feel you are to be respected by me which helps you see every tiny disrespectful behavior. (And hopefully correct it)

The cage similar if you put a wild animal in a cage. At first it fights but after realizing the cage is its new environment and that it can't get out it stops fighting. The animal begins to acts tame. Soon it realizes you are the only source of food. In my case you become the only source of sexual pleasure and freedom. For me the cage bombards me with thoughts of my new identity I eventually give up fighting the new identity and just accept it as my own.

However the moment the wild animal sees an escape and gets out of the cage the animals wild behavior returns and is hostile towards both cage and the cager. It can escape and find other sources of food. This is why keeping the cage on me all the time is best.

However If kept in the cage the animal becomes more manageable and gradually accepts its situation. The animals behavior then changes. With enough time might eventually become attached to its captor.

For me it's like having all this psychology with the added effect of being in a sexual session the entire day. This sexual feeling is amplified each time you remind me I am your captive by texts, calls or physical touches. It feels fun. Just feeling the cage touching me amplifies all the feelings and pushes me toward acceptance as my new role of service.

The cage can not be seen but I walk around with constant thoughts that are changing me.

At first I imagine everyone is looking at me and am in a light state of constant humiliation.

It's sort of fun but also serious. It feels like at any moment I could be found out. Doubly so when you wear your key in public. Humility changes a person.

2. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    5:58 AM
    Interesting and spot on in a way. Never thought about it like a “uniform” but that’s a great analogy.

I also think that both parties start to change or embrace the dynamic the longer they participate in this lifestyle. My wife has really come into her own recently…things she originally said she wouldn’t do or want to do, she’s considered and even decided to change her mind - getting me pierced with a PA is a good example. She starts to also realize the reminder of what she gets out of the relationship - a devoted husband constantly full of love, affection and obedience to her… not that we had any hint of a bad marriage before, but this has kicked it into another gear and the private bond we share with one another spills over into our “normal” life and others can see the devotion in our relationship, even though they don’t know the real catalyst behind it.

All I know is we’ve never been happier, and it’s hard to believe denying my orgasms for a while and adding in a few other fun things here and there have had such a profound effect on things. Wouldn’t change it for the world - other than maybe an occasionally more frequent orgasm, but that’s just me being selfish for a moment!

3. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    12:58 PM
    yes i agree, i feel something is missing if i'm not wearing my cage, and when i,m in panties i immediately turn in to sissy submissive mode, wanting more to please my wife.

Cagedxlcock and Dogchasecats like this.
  4. Queens servant73

Queens servant73 Long term member

Midwest
    Local Time:
    I’m waiting to hear back from my Wife, her thoughts on whether she feels differently wearing the key. I have seen subtle changes over the last two years as the cage went from another kinky toy and play time, to the last 6 months far more serious and I’d say it’s now our lifestyle. She has a confidence in our alone time that has grown immensely, I truly feel our role swap is complete, mostly in our sexual lives but has carried over to all aspects. We’ve always been co-captains of our family and while that hasn’t changed, now simple things like laying on the couch together, she holds me, or when she mentions something sounds good from the kitchen or needs something, I jump up to fetch things.
    I stay home and take care of the house, laundry, cleaning etc and she still works. This helped our swapping roles as “dominant” as well, made this just a more natural change I guess.

She responded to my text posing this question and responded that she feels more powerful, I’m hoping she’ll have time to expand on that.

I don’t feel any less “manly” in any way, if anything I just feel like an even better man in that everything my Wife & Queen needs or desires, I have an overwhelming desire to satisfy. Feel less selfish as the penis is not my main focus any more, and I know how quickly that changes when I’m allowed too many orgasms.
    This role swap, the cage and the key just feels like the right way to live for us now.
    It has changed us both, and for the better

5. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    12:58 PM
    Been reposted on Tumblr several times. Love it. Couldn't have said it better myself. Except I feel superior to those other guys that aren't chaste, not mild humiliation. They are missing out, and I pity them. Lol

Dogchasecats and bondinchas like this.
  6. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    Without a doubt it makes me think differently of myself. I'm secured with a PA. It's a 24/7 reminder I'm owned, dominated, and used by another. There is just no getting around it, at all. It's there and my penis stays locked till my Wife takes it off.

I think the flip side of this question is equally interesting. I will ask my Wife but my observation is that the longer she holds that key and sees my submission, the more power she gets. And she absolutely thrives on the control and humiliation angles.

For example, last night she ruined me with PIV. I was forbidden to move or thrust at all. Then she had me masturbate her to orgasm using my fingers in her pussy soaked with my own cum, THEN she had me clean her out orally giving her another orgasm. All the while reminding me that I didn't own her pussy and this Saturday her bull will be tearing it up in front of me. These are things she never did when we got started. But she does them now since she knows her power is complete and I do exactly as I'm told. This is a woman who does things purely on her own terms, for her own enjoyment. It's pretty amazing to behold.

7. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    Absolutely. The chastity cage and its prevention of erections helps to abate my socialized toxic masculinity and the penile narcissism I have developed as a masturbator, and helps me accept the feminine side of my sexuality and that I am sexually a beta male.

cshorts and Dogchasecats like this.
  8. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    Agree! The psychology of chastity, the cage, the key, my being submissive, my being a sissy, etc are powerful forces in my life.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  9. ChasteHubby2015

ChasteHubby2015 Male Feminist

USA
    Local Time:
    Being locked in chastity has eliminated every drop of toxic masculinity I previously had and forced me to respect, admire, and appreciate women in ways I never thought possible.

10. WillieBDenied

WillieBDenied All men should be locked

Software
    San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    I voted no. My identity doesn't change because there is a piece of plastic around my cock. I was submissive to women before and I still am with or without the cage. To the outside world I am masculine and there is nothing feminine about me, nor will there ever be, certainly not because I am wearing a device.

With that said, when a Woman is around I am obedient, compliant, and ready to serve her every whims.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  11. Eric Ny

Eric Ny Active member

Submissive Sybaritic
    Northern Europe
    Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    À great post and a very interesting subject.

before I respond to the topic: I am not a big fan of the statement the Lady becomes everything for his slave. I rather believe that a lady wishes a healthy, smart, committed partner who has her as his priority within a balance life. I believe anything else has a very short life expectancy, at least as a couple-relations

Keys and cage reinforce us in our role.
    It doesn’t change my identity per se.
    I view my love for my lady as part of my identity.
    And the reinforcement of our respective roles while each wear her/his respective device (key/cage) deepens our relationship and our feelings.

12. justme6819

justme6819 Member

Local Time:
    I just enjoy being caged. I do not feel less or emasculated. I just like how it feels

13. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    9:58 PM
    I get that butterflies feeling, nervousness, vulnerability and embarrassment. I'm paranoid that it's visible under my clothing and I'll be found out.

I feel less confident, but also more relaxed and less aggressive.

Its constant reminder that I submitted to her, so all day I'm thinking about her as in charge of me.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  14. Dogchasecats

Dogchasecats Princess Elizabeth
    Verified Female

Theater
    Texas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That is a very good attitude!

true42 likes this.
  15. Lem

Lem Member

Finland
    Local Time:
    2:58 PM
    An interesting topic. I don’t know if the permanent 24/7/365 Chastity cage procedure affected my personality, at least I haven’t noticed it - maybe you should ask my owner. What that device did is a deeper attachment to another person. In the past, in my previous marriage, I was unfaithful, shame on me, but I was a disgusting person. With the new relationship, almost everything changed. My wife, KH, knows my history and she locked me in as early as socializing. She has made it clear that She owns me, She owns a penis that I only have permission to carry. We live a very normal relationship, do things together and do everything normal couples do. The only difference is this little twist. In addition, my wife occasionally changes to the role of Mistress and uses me in every way possible - for the sole purpose of her own pleasures. Our everyday life tastes like vanilla, except that I’m locked up. Summa summarum - Cage and Key, changed me so that I'm just her and I focus on making her feel good in everyday life and great pleasures when she wants it - luckily, I'm stuck at the other end of that penis… Maybe after all this deliberation, I must admit that Cage and Key has changed my personality - I became loyal at once.

Dogchasecats, true42 and Eric Ny like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice