The 'Labor of Dominance'

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by SmartandObedient, Apr 21, 2018.

?

Whose time is more valuable?

1. Dominant Woman

19 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. Dominant Male

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. submissive woman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. submissive male

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. They are all equally valuable

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
Random Thread
  1. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    This is kind of my point though...

I'm offering her my submission; she's "offering" me her dominance
    If our time is equally valuable, then why should I be giving her submission plus something else...unless she actually doesn't enjoy dominating and finds it to be tedious?
    But, is dominating inherently more tedious than submitting?

These are HONEST questions...I'm simply thinking out loud.

2. Mandynjack

Mandynjack Long term member

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    It's called a power exchange for a reason. To devote genuinely, requires sacrifice. In D/s, there is no democracy.

Chastitygirl88 likes this.
  3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    In most cases women are not offering anything, you are the one approaching them.

Have you found any women on this site who are offering domination?

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  4. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    To be honest I get the feeling you are picking at a sore over and over.

Either you want to submit or you don't. Decide...

PrincessK likes this.
  5. LadyMoon

Verified Female

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    OK. Describe what it means (to you) to offer someone submission, describe what that would look like. Describe what it looks like (to you) for a woman to be dominant.

I'm trying to figure out what you imagine a dominant-submissive relationship to look like in the day-to-day or in a scene. Because it sounds like you don't have a clear idea of what a dominant would want from you.

Mandynjack likes this.
  6. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    I was working on the assumption of an existing D/s dynamic, where a submissive offers his submission and a woman offers her dominance consensually (in this case, my question being why would the submissive need to give his submission plus something else?).

This is not the same thing as implying that all women on here are "offering" their dominance in the general sense.

7. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    Offering my submission means offering my time, attention, and devotion.
    It means being available to discuss anything from vanilla interests to kinky interests and to share my life with her.
    It means taking time out of my day to be responsive, to listen, and to make her feel valued.

It also means submitting to her in whatever way they see fit...whether it's something as normal and non-sexual as her dictating certain aspects of my every-day life, or something more sexual such as orgasm control.

For me, submission is not just a play session here and there, it's a continual mentality of sacrifice that involves making her (whoever she is) a priority.

8. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    So what you have to offer is listening and talking, and in return you want her to control you and dominate you.

9. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    With all due respect, in my opinion the things I mentioned are simply par for the course!

10. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    What if she already has 100 or 1000 willing males offering to talk and listen to her?

11. LadyMoon

Verified Female

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    Conversation and friendship is good, and it's something that many lifestyle dominants will want. But that's an equal exchange -- that's the relationship part.

But in your description of "submitting to her in whatever way [she sees] fit," I hear you only describing things that she does to you and for you, and nothing that you do for her.

I enjoy controlling someone's sexual releases and dictating, for instance, what he should wear for the day. That's part of my dominance, and I enjoy the sense of control. But that's not all there is to it. I also enjoy being served. Being able to express my wishes and have them fulfilled is a key part of dominance for me. Sometimes my wishes are "Get on your knees and remain there until I tell you otherwise." And sometimes my wishes are "I want pancakes. With chocolate chips." (And, after that, we even get into anticipatory service, which I love to receive and something that makes me feel extremely dominant.)

If you have no interest in service (and it sounds like you don't), that's something good to know and to explain to anyone you're negotiating with. Maybe what you want is a bedroom-only dynamic, or to find someone for whom service is not essential. Most of the female dominants I know want to receive some sort of service, so if you refuse to offer service, you may limit your pool of potentials.

12. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    I'm not really sure where you got the idea that I have no interest in service. Of course I do.

Submitting to her in "whatever way she sees fit" most likely covers all the bases; so I'm not entirely sure how you reached the conclusion that I don't like offering services...

In your case, "whatever way she sees fit" would be making chocolate chip pancakes for her in the morning, or getting on my knees, or whatever other task she would like me to complete or any other service she would like me to do for her. For me, I love doing things for a woman.
    I remember one night in college when I went over to a girl's apartment @ 2:00 am because she was so scared of cockroaches and she had a bunch of them crawling around and she had to have a guy there to help her out. I went over there without hesitation and helped her, and went back home.

I realize that the services I am able to offer from a distance are extremely limited, though.

13. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Well then the answer to your original question is serving goes hand in hand with submitting, and if you do not do the "extra" serving part then dominating someone is inherently tedious.

14. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    @LadyMoon I apologize if I sounded harsh in my reply! Definitely did not mean to be.

I LOVE the idea of serving a woman and doing things for her (cooking, cleaning, editing, organizing, helping with papers if she is in school, etc.).
    So I guess there is a huge gap between what you perceive is my outlook on submission and what is actually the case.

Just wanted to clarify :)

15. LadyMoon

Verified Female

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    I'm just going off what you've said in this thread about not wanting to offer "submission plus something else" and your description of submission, which included ways for her control you. You seemed to react poorly when I suggested you should be prepared to enrich her life.

There's the rub. If you can figure out things to offer her, ways to actually serve her at a distance, then you will have a much better chance at a successful long-distance relationship. Most submissives don't have any idea of what they can offer remotely, and most dominants don't have any idea of what they'd want to get remotely.

16. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    I guess the reason for the misunderstanding is that I simply assumed that submission naturally includes the things you believe would "enrich her life"; therefore when you suggested that I should be prepared to enrich her life, I assumed you meant something even more (although I'm not sure exactly what that would be besides monetary compensation).

Anyway, I think we were working off different definitions and assumptions, which is okay.
    That's what communication is for :)

I actually know ways that I can offer services remotely - the issue is finding a woman who would be interested in receiving those services.

17. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    I didn't answer your poll because I think there is no one single answer to this question. Everyone is different and every relationship is different despite some of the glaringly simplistic generalizations in this thread. I also don't think helping answer the question is going to help you find what you're looking for which appears to me to be a relationship.

I can share with you that in my marriage I tried on numerous occasions to introduce a kink to my wife and it fell totally flat. For whatever reason she took to chastity and orgasm denial like a fish to water. It surprised us both. She genuinely enjoys the FLR we live with now and wouldn't want to change back anymore than I would. That doesn't mean she is dominant 100% of the time and I am submissive 100% of the time. There are things she doesn't like dealing with and wants me to be in charge of ranging from cockroaches to car salesman to vacation planning.

If you are asking for advice I would say find a person first. Don't try to find a domme. You can look for a person that will have the characteristics of a dominant; confident, successful and intelligent. If you're not looking for advice, then just ignore and carry on.

Breathe and Love&Passion like this.
  18. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    Are you sure there's a strong correlation between women who are confident, successful, and intelligent and women who are actually dominant when it comes to kink and relationships?

19. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    Not really, however I think people that display those qualities have a greater chance to be dominant than those that are timid and unsure. My broader point is that I think it's hard to find a genuinely dominant/submissive relationship if that is what you are looking for going in the door. My experience and the people I have met on CM lead me to believe that the most successful chastity relationships have occurred organically after a non-chastity based relationship has been established. Walk before you run kind of mentality. I'm a long way away from the dating world of today as I've been married almost 18 years now. Still I think any successful relationship starts with simple chemistry and not a checklist of kinks and desires.

20. PrincessK

PrincessK [Not Seeking] Owner & KH of SaraLovesChastity

San Francisco
    Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    Nice. I hope you've gained some perspective here.

Now let's talk about how disrespectful it is to blatantly disregard a Dominant woman's boundaries time and time again, hoping she'll break down or "change her mind" because of how awesome you perceive yourself to be.

The OP approached me after reading my profile, which explicitly states that I'm not seeking additional keyholding opportunities, to request that I control his orgasms. I politely declined, which was apparently a mistake as he felt the need to persist. And persist. I had to repeatedly clarify that I'm not seeking anything outside of my relationship, let alone anything online- I just don't see the point, personally. I am in fact too busy to drop everything once a day to confirm or deny whether you're allowed to orgasm, as you suggested, and get absolutely nothing in return. I enjoy the tangible parts of a power exchange.

My time is not inherently worth more than yours. The point is that you're seeking and I'm not.

21. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    @PrincessK

In case you have not read this threat that I recently posted, I encourage you to read it:

https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/sincere-apology.27333/

In all honestly, from the very limited amount we have talked we had some friendly exchange...

And when you stated the fact that you're busy, etc. I communicated my understanding of that fact.

With all due respect, for you to not even express any discomfort with the limited communication we did have, to go along as if everything was great, and then to suddenly claim that there are problems and say things that are (IMO) pretty exaggerated for the public to see instead of privately confronting me is quite distasteful.

In case you hadn't noticed, I did post an apology on the forums, but I guess people on here prefer to tear other people down and assume the worst about them instead of realizing that people ACTUALLY make mistakes and try to move on and learn from them?

So from one human being to another, I really hope that whenever something bothers you, you first of all communicate that there's a problem (E.g. lack of respect, which I firmly believe was not the case), and secondly to try and resolve it with the person who has "wronged" you instead of having an agenda to shame them in front of others.

If someone comes to me with an allegation or complaint that's true, I will be the first to admit it (and hopefully apologize for it).

Maybe I have not been the most restrained in terms of my communication, and I have had a tendency to let my desire run wile, but this has certainly not come from a place of disrespect, nor has it come from an intention to be disrespectful and cross boundaries.

22. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:

Whenever I see questions like this, I must always consider whether it's in the context of sex-life fantasy, or reality, which (for most of us) are 2 separate things. Example: I am locked 24/7 and have been for most of the past 7 months. My beautiful wife/KH takes the lead in our sex life and around the house in general. She even manages our finances, pays the bills, gives me an "allowance", etc (which she's done for many years even prior to when we adopted male chastity) OTOH, I work full-time and earn all of our income, and have done so ever since we married. She does not work outside the home, and never has. We have 6 children, all of whom were grown and gone when we started chastity.

So what does that mean, regarding the importance of our time? I am fully convinced we are partners in a business sense. We created 6 new lives together and saw them thru to adulthood. I brought home the money and she did the majority of the day to day stuff with the kids. As far as I'm concerned, those duties are equally important. In the sense of our intimate life, we are also partners (obviously chastity doesn't work unless both partners are into it). We like to tell each other she's in charge and that my cock is worthless, therefore she should be allowed to make all decisions about it. But, down deep, we both know its fantasy. But we both love it and have no plans to go back to "vanilla" sex. I fully anticipate being locked indefinitely, and have no desire to be unlocked except for occasional rewards at her discretion. As a part of that fantasy, she is clearly more important.

bethanise likes this.
  23. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    Threat?
    You mean thread.
    Freudian slip much?

If you have to try to quantify value of people vs. people, you've already wronged them and yourself. If being in a D/s relation is exclusively what you desire, and you enter that with an expectation of any kind, it seems to me that even in your mere expectation you have already asserted yourself more than any true dominant will put up with. It is likely you are not actually submissive, and instead are interested in fetish. Fret not though, as you are part of the vast majority. A real relationship takes time, so perhaps you should look into a professional dom to test yourself and discover what fills your desires before you get overly consumed with a chase that will lead to nowhere.

My two cents. Not trying to offend.

For most of my time here I identified myself as sexually submissive, but as I searched through what i wanted i discovered that it is the fetish that appeals to me, and my wife. She is more stubborn than dominant, and i am more an outsider than submissive. Ultimately for us it is a game we find time for when we can as life is always in the way.

Best of luck.

24. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    Nope, I was trying to quantify value of the 'time' of different categories of people, not the value of the people themselves.

Completely different.

Just because an hour of a senior partner's time at a top law firm could be worth hundreds of dollars per hour as opposed to the value of an hour of a blue collar worker's time, does not mean that the lawyer is more valuable as a person than the blue collar worker.

25. LadyMoon

Verified Female

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    Then I think you have your answer. The person whose time is "more valuable" is the one who has the experience/skills that are in higher demand in the marketplace.

In the marketplace of dominant women and submissive men, dominant women tend to be in higher demand and thus can ask for more — either literal money in the case of professionals, or high-quality service and submission, in the case of lifestyle dominants.

PrincessK likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice