The JB is finally here ^^,

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by himechi, Sep 29, 2017.

1. himechi

himechi New member

Local Time:
    4:02 AM
    After waiting what felt like an eternity, I finally got the long awaited package in the mail. My jailbird arrived precisely on time, and it fits like a glove.

I did end up buying the sizing rings just to be sure my measurements were accurate. I followed the directions on MM's site to the letter, and I ended up w/ a device that's more or less the same size as my HTv2. The cage length is perhaps just a bit longer, and at first glance the ID looked quite large, but after putting it on I realized that looks can be deceiving. It fits great, at no point is there any bulging through the bars, and this cage is far easier to put on than my HTv2 ever was.

It's very comfortable, and I appreciate that the solid construction makes it silent to walk around in. (My old HTv2 had a bit of a "rattle" even despite the integrated lock.) The workmanship is superb: the finish is shiny, there's not a sharp edge or burr to be found, and the device comes very well packaged in an adorable little red velvet bag!

After lusting after a custom fit cage for so long; I'm so very glad to finally have a mature metal product to call my own.

Attached Files:

2. sonic chaste

sonic chaste Long term member

Medical profession
    South UK
    Local Time:
    10:02 AM
    Congratulations and welcome to the JB club.

Sonic

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  3. himechi

himechi New member

Local Time:
    4:02 AM
    Heh, when I was ordering it I sure didn't feel like it was very long. It's only 2.25", and I was fretting that I mightve gone too short.

I was really worried about getting the length right. The diameter was easy since I bought the rings, but every time I measured my lil guy's length he was a different size >n<° It fits great though, I just took the smallest measurement and took a 1/4" off.

So far no irritation or anything. I even spent the night in it. I'll look into some of that bag balm though, looks like good stuff to have!

locked_sheila likes this.
  4. jshackleton2016

DC metro area
    Local Time:
    5:02 AM
    I shared a similar experience when ordering my JB, from being in a HT2. So happy with the JB. I still wear the HT2 for a concert or other occasion when I need to go through a metal detector, but other than that, I am in the JB. Congrats. Enjoy!

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  5. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    3:02 AM
    We are both so glad you are pleased
    ENJOY!!!!!

Raati_Sans likes this.
  6. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    5:02 AM
    How long did it take to come in the mail? I’m coming up on 6 weeks sine I ordered. Some in this forum indicated that they had delivery in 4 weeks. I’m wondering when I should start preparing for the formal locking ceremony

7. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    We have looked at those in the past but considered that they were too open for us.
    But that said they are seemingly otherwise a good product and have proven to be very popular with a lot of people.
    Good luck with it.

8. HerToy2021

HerToy2021 Member

Local Time:
    I have just ordered mine last night and was so tempted to pay the premium and get it early but I am in a V4 nano so it will do me good to wait and prepare for the ceremony. I fretted about he length as it was 2 to 2.5" (mainy 2.5") and the nano is just over 1.25" internal diameter so I went with that and 2".

Also ordered the additional external ring to balance it and make it more secure looking, as well as an inverted end and security lock (this has driven Her wild with anticipation) instead of having keys.. The JB will be permanent jewellery when it arrives and the V4 for flying on business. What a life :)

9. worthingboy

worthingboy New member

Local Time:
    HerToy2021 May I suggest that you ask for the security screw to be countersunk as this stops the screw becoming loose and looks better

10. HerToy2021

HerToy2021 Member

Local Time:
    thanks for this I have asked the question on a countersink

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice