The "gay/bisexual" gene

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mistress Watchful, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    Disclaimer! "Gay" was the term used in the article. I do not wish to intentionally offend anyone, so if you are offended, blame the publication... not me!

I read an article in this week's New Scientist about the "gay gene" and how it is spread.

Logically, you would expect the "gay gene" to stop eventually, because procreation between same-sex couples is practically nil.

Those in denial could have children before they come out, and gay men could decide to donate sperm to sperm banks.

But apparently there is another way that the gene has successfully spread... Women who carry the "gay gene" have more children than those that don't.

The theory is that those women have different sexual urges/limitations, etc are are therefore more likely to have more children due to their open-ness.

So... that implies that excessively horny, sexual open women are probably carrying the "gay gene".

Interesting!

2. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    Probably explains my family, I have 3 siblings, my mum must be a gay gene carrying ho!! haha! Saying that Kris too has a few siblings, Wreckon there could be something there

3. slavedogie

slavedogie greek slave

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    what a waste of research funds....:tongue:

4. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    Since when was gay an offensive word. Describes homosexuals quite nicely ie Happy :tongue:.

There are loads of theories out there all of which I don’t think most gay people care about myself included. As the song goes I am what I am.

5. PuppyMaster

PuppyMaster Puppy Master

Local Time:
    Kris you big queen you! x :tongue:

6. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    OMG, spew alert. You are too funny.

I must admit I thought it was the oddest thing to read amongst the water crisis and global warming research... interesting none-the-less!

7. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    Another interesting path of research involves looking at the females gestational response to male embryos in general. Studies have shown that many if not most gay men have older brothers who are usually not gay and the more older brothers they have the more likely they are to be gay. This suggests that something is happening in the womb that is trying to disable the reproduction of male children in the next generation. One writer suggested a battle between the Chromosomes in the mitochondrian (exclusively female) and the y chromosome (exclusively male). Somehow, the woman's body reacts to the first male embryo with an attack that becomes stronger the more she is exposed to it so the second and third males are more and more affected by this attack response.
    As far as I know there is no "Gay" gene as yet, but from what I have read the genetic key will probably be fairly complicated for us nonscientists to understand. Luckily we don't need to know exactly why we are the way we are to love and understand ourselves and each other.

8. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Wow - that's really interesting! :nerd:

9. curious44

curious44 Member

Local Time:
    I have a gay cousin who is #3 of 4 siblings, all sisters, all straight. He lives far away so I haven't seen him in years.
    I have a very good friend who has a gay son with a straight older brother. The gay son is gorgeous, mid 30s, slightly built but muscular, subtly effeminate with light hair and a light complexion. I always fantasize when masturbating and it's usually about him. I picture him as totally smooth with soft skin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice