1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell us an interesting or exciting fact about your life

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Mistress Lucy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Mistress Lucy

Mistress Lucy L-u-c-y
    Staff Member Moderator

Oxford, England
    I will start with something interesting...

I have met Stephen Hawking 3 times, I worked in the building where he has his office.

2. I'm a bread baker who has published a couple poems and one shot story. Not very good but it was fun

3. Lana's sissy pet is a nationally certified massage therapist and Reiki Master....about the only time the word "Master" has been used in reference to her.

4. I've met Princess Anne once .

gary170 likes this.
  5. I have been on TV many times as an extra. Roles are usually a body guard or police officer.

spider203 likes this.
  6. Share the same 6th great grandfather as Prince William and Prince Harry.

My blood is blue!!!

7. I like mucking about with creative stuff when I'm in the mood. Had a couple of stories published (one of which is in many libraries in the US) and a song I wrote played on national BBC radio.

8. I've killed 7 people all ready in my Life while worked for German Army HQ

Madamebellestoy likes this.
  9. I was sworn at by David Attenborough in a book shop in Peterborough and I ignored Chris Evans in Soho, London. And one evening I ignored David Guest in York. I quite like ignoring minor celebrities.

Coolhandluke likes this.
  10. Mistress Lucy

Mistress Lucy L-u-c-y
    Staff Member Moderator

Oxford, England
    Why did attenborough swear at you?

silent_Denied and Subbobbie1 like this.
  11. I asked him to sign a book to my dad. He told me no he bloody couldn't as his dad was dead!

Not the worst swear word I am aware, but out of the mouth of Sir Attenborough it was quite a shock. I just thought he was a bit of a tosser, got the book signed anyway and left.

12. In a separate incident Elle was sworn at by the Duke of Edinburgh while she was walking in Windsor Great Park, but that isn't really surprising or interesting as he swears all the time at everyone.

13. Mistress Lucy

Mistress Lucy L-u-c-y
    Staff Member Moderator

Oxford, England
    He wouldn't sign a book for your dad because his dad is dead?

silent_Denied and Subbobbie1 like this.
  14. That is correct. I had asked him to sign it as a Christmas present. It sort of made sense. I mean, if he wrote to Dad and signed it, it would look like he was signing it for his dad I suppose.

Subbobbie1 likes this.
  15. Sir David Attenborough is not a minor celebrity! How dare you! ;)

Jasmic68 likes this.
  16. I've had several poems published in minor journals.
    Spent 6 years in the US Army and went to Iraq a couple times.
    I enjoy bonsai. I'm still a novice but it's fun.

17. But I didn't ignore David Attenborough. It was the others I ignored.

18. I have changed a tire on a Formula One car... and I collect rare whiskys...

manintyres and Mash2214 like this.
  19. I jumped out of perfectly functional small airplanes a few times, then i broke a leg upon my 10th landing and while i was resting a bit waiting for a buddy to drive me to the hospital, the next batch went up for a group jump with my instructor among them. When after a bit of free-fall the canopies opened, my instructor's was not among them! He managed to deploy his secondary in time but landed far off the strip in the prickly bushes.
    I never skydived again. :(

Mash2214 likes this.
  20. Sounds exciting. I've never jumped out of an airplane before maybe because I'm usually the one flying it. If I did jump out Now That would be Exciting

21. We should get together. I have over 500 shot glasses. Cheers

occorics and manintyres like this.
  22. Twice now I have walked openly displaying my cage at a motorcycle rally.
    I can't put into words how nervous I was the first time walking out of the tent, into the sunshine, with the stainless steel of my jailbird glistening in the sunlight.

kellysbitch and Mash2214 like this.
  23. Wow. Impressive. It makes me wonder what kind of Motorcycle Rally you were at. Good for You

24. Honestly it was close to Topeka Kansas.
    It is all about the party and not the riding. There are many topless women some naked, and a few naked men.
    Last year my wife and I had a giggle when somebody referred to me as gladiator cock

Mash2214 likes this.
  25. Caught 5 Blue Fin Tuna this Summer, and spent lots of time in Nantucket Sound.

gary170 and manintyres like this.