Sterilizing your device

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Submissive_Michelle, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Submissive_Michelle

Submissive_Michelle Good Sissies wear Skirts and high heels

House sissy
    LONDON
    Local Time:
    2:39 PM
    Hi all, I thought I would post and update on device sterilization especially as I wear a stainless urethral insert design the Looker1.
    I had a problem a while back with a prostrate infection after wearing the Looker for over a week without removal and cleaning.
    Now I am not attributing the infection purely on the length of time without removal and cleaning, however I do suspect that before insertion the device was not as clean as it should be i.e sterile.
    Yes I cleaned it after every session of wear and sprayed with bleach thinking that it was clean and free of bacteria. Well I was wrong and after some investigation I find that sterilizing is not as simple as dipping in bleach or boiling for a few mins.

Prior to wearing the Looker1 with insert for 7 days we used to remove and clean each night and for over 3 years no problem... wear for 7 days and the problem above appeared most likely becasue the device was not 99% sterilie before insertion and the longer it was inserted the more the risk of any bacteria getting hold.

So here is what I have discovered and what we are now using as our method for keeping the device as clean as possible prior to insertion into the urethra.

1. We use a ultrasonic cleaner to loosen any possible solid deposits using a detergent solution, this we perform for 180 seconds
    2. Using pipe cleaners with antiseptic hand gel the internal part of the urethral tube is cleaned.
    3. Sterilization is then performed using a domestic pressure cooker for 60 mins at 120 C

The device is now I would say 99%-100% sterile and prepared for insertion into the penis hopefully not carrying any external bacteria or viruses. Therefore the only bacteria it can come in contact with will be from my own urine which should not be a problem for a few days wear.

Due to the previous episode we now remove the device every evening and soak it overnight in a 10% solution of bleach as it has only been exposed to my urine/urethra so the bleach should kill any bacteria it has been in contact with over the past 24-48 hours.

Each week the device is deep cleaned using the above 3 steps such that we are reducing any 3rd party bacteria into the urethra.

I hope this has been useful and if it only makes you more aware of the risk we face using these devices at least we are reducing the risk of infection when inserting anything into the penis.

I would be interested how other prepare and sterilise their urethral devices and if anyone has had any problems so far.

Mitch

2. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Do you have any opinion on insertion lubricants? I bought a lube that is supposedly ph balanced and sterile for trying the urethral cage. I've never had any issue, but I've never been able to go near that long with mine (the cage is ill-fitting to start)

3. Goddess Gaia

Goddess Gaia Looking for a Good boy in Phildelphia
    Verified Female

Healing the world with Love
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    What if you bought a Second cage, so one is always being cleaned while the other is worn?

4. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Spoken like a true Mistress.

corsac and Fred manns like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice