Steelheart - Skin Irritation

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by locked_bmbl, Jan 25, 2022.

1. locked_bmbl

locked_bmbl Member

Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    Hey everyone!

I just wore my Steelheart for three days without taking it off. During that time I didnt notice any pain or discomfort, but when I took the tube off for some thorough cleaning in the shower, I happened to notice this 1x1 cm large red skin irritation. The irritation is exactly between the opening of the urethra and where the glans is connected with the shaft on the bottom side of the penis.

I went to a urologist, but he was not certain to what it was. He gave me a cream to put on a few times a day and hopefully itll heal up fine.

Has anyone with a Steelheart (or any device really) every had this issue too? The irritated area hurts a little even without me touching it. I suspect that it was caused by a little friction in the tube, but not sure. Another suspicion is regarding hygiene: I had a little trouble peeing straight out of the opening and quite a lot of urin got trapped in the tube, so I had to put quite a bit of work and time into getting it out.

If anyone wants knows how to deal with this kind of irritation, please let me know. I can also post a picture of my skin if needed.

2. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    I have a Steelheart, but haven’t had that problem. Could be the hygiene issue, retained acidity from urine on the skin?

3. locked_bmbl

locked_bmbl Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, that could be it. Any suggestions how to prevent this in the future? And how do you think I should treat the irritated skin? Its not something dangerous, is it?

4. locked_bmbl

locked_bmbl Member

Local Time:
    This is how the irritation looks like

Attached Files:

5. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    I would guess it should clear up on its own, but I’m no doctor. For future prevention, have a read of Thumpers blog (denyingthumper.com). He wears a Steelheart 24/7 and has written about his hygiene routine, and recently wrote about something that sounds very similar to what happened to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice