Some of us have children. Are we supposed to just stop?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Jasmic68, Apr 8, 2019.

?

Do you have children living at home with you?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:44 PM
    It’s odd how different cultures and backgrounds can have such varied viewpoints on the same topics. Usually this topic revolves around “how to keep this separate”, and I being from America I say simply “ummm don’t let them see you naked, case closed. Lock the door when getting undressed.” I was shocked to learn that some do not have the level of privacy that I take as a standard. Some haven’t heard of putting locks on doors or latches. I don’t think I’ve been in a home bathroom without a lock in my life.

If it is a question about balancing our lifestyle and activities with the time and effort needed to be a parent, then yes it’s appropriate. Tips for hiding gear and tools of the trade, yep. Asking about disclosing cages and the specific dynamics of your sexual life with your kids...nope, not appropriate or even in the ballpark. It’s not even debatable.

I would think the difference between inquiring about juggling parenthood with this lifestyle, and informing children of it, is obvious. Then again, I thought every bathroom had a lock on it.

Unlucky, winstonmacgregor and L-u-c-y like this.
  2. Bonobo

Bonobo Active member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    That’s American culture not the worlds.

https://www.naturalchild.org/articles/james_mckenna/cosleeping_world.html

The whole point of this conversation is to help people who don’t lock their kids out of there bedroom.

3. Bonobo

Bonobo Active member

Local Time:
  4. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Active member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    @Jasmic68 I was one of the respondents and while I was firm, I was IMO not aggressive. I have two children and I have engaged in many discussions on this board regarding melding of chastity and other elements of our lifestyles with our roles as parents. I've also a strong record of being against kink-shaming and promoting an attitude of live and let live.

The post you referenced was wildly inappropriate for many reasons. The first is the age of the children was so incredibly young. While there is nothing about the human body that needs to be hidden from them, exposing children that are 4 and 6 to anything sexual is inexcusable. It is why I suggested consulting a child psychologist so the parents would understand what they were doing. If the kids were teenagers I wouldn't have thought it a good idea, but would not have responded as strongly.

Secondly the poster had some sense of their own impropriety when they commented that their living situation and school situation would prevent or limit the exposure of "Dad's secret". In other words it's not good for the general population to know, but it's OK for the kids to know. If something is inappropriate for the general population to know, it's generally a sign that children shouldn't know.

Ultimately it is my belief that as parents our first responsibility is to our children. It's why I unlock on family trips. I know it's too hard in those situations to not be exposed, especially when we are camping. I have a problem with somebody putting their sexuality ahead of their responsibility as a parent. Ultimately as I said, whatever happens between consenting adults, I support. Just don't bring kids into it.

5. winstonmacgregor

United States Of America, Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    Children have to face a lot of hardship in this world and need their parents to be someone that they can rely on without having to worry about them. What would the kids have to face if they brought up the subject to a classmate, teacher, or other parent? Chastity is still a tabu subject and they just don't need the stress from the judgment and shame. The cruel school bullies teasing them because daddy has a lock in his pants. Maybe you could gently introduce them in to the dynamics of your relationship without the sexual aspect though. A healthy alternative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice