Sizing to avoid chafing

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Pogo, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Pogo

Pogo Member

Local Time:
    7:38 PM
    I write to get some advice on how to measure for a Jailbird. I've been wearing a Holy Trainerv2 for quite a while now, but have experienced persistent chafing that has meant considerable time uncaged to let things heal. I'm going through the process of measuring things for a Jail Bird and want to be sure I get the measurements right to avoid a recurrence. What I'm not sure of is which measurements are the ones I need to worry about.
    The chafing hasn't been around the base ring, but rather on the left side of my scrotum, approximately where the tube fits into the locking ensemble on the base ring. There's a tongue that slides under the locking ensemble on the ring and the tube and ring are connected through another locking section on the top of the tube. I THINK what's been happening is that the tongue on the tube has been sliding up and down slightly as I walk and causing the chafing.
    My question is what measurements on the JailBird might eliminate this problem. The Jail Bird doesn't have the tongue on the ring or anything that covers the area that getting chafed,so that may get rid of at least some of the problem. Are there measurements which will lessen the sliding up and down during walking? Along with making sure things are snug by proper measurements of the length and inside diameter, I've been thinking about getting a double base ring and opting for the smallest gap measurement-my scrotum's pretty thoroughly stretched, so this might keep things snug and less prone to sllde around.
    What advice do folks have about how to deal with this problem? Am I thinking about how to solve it in the right way?

2. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    I ended up returning it for a gap and ring change despite using those measurements on my other devices. I increased the gap size from 1/4" to 1/2" which got rid of the pain that most men attribute to the ring. I followed their advice as to cage length and circumference very well. I have the oval ring and ended up going a size smaller after trying it one. Maybe due to the oval shape or just the different type of construction, I went with on size smaller ring than I wore on my other devices. Look at it as a custom made suit. They would make me one and then I would try it on and they made fine adjustments. Measurements are not always the exact fit in some things. You can also buy MM plastic rings to try on and that should give you a good way to measure your ring size. The tighter the ring the less it will move and chaff your skin. However, not too tight. You should be able to just barely get a fingertip under the ring to ensure that it is not cutting off circulation. My cage made two round trips to MM for fine tuning and adding the security screw which is not very secure. If you move the cage back and forth, it loosens up. You can ask them to countersink the screw head and that may help. I use Teflon tape or LokTite BLUE, never red, on it to keep it from backing out after 24/7 wear.

It feels much lighter with the screw and it does not pull down on my like the lock does.

3. Pogo

Pogo Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the advice--Like you said, it's like a custom suit that's inevitably gonna need some fine tuning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice