Sizing, Ordering, Initial Review, & Eventual Updates

Discussion in 'Male Chastity Now' started by HisFreakySide, Jan 7, 2020.

1. HisFreakySide

HisFreakySide Long term member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    I just received my Contender today!!!

Seriously, I couldn't be more excited right now. This is my third chastity cage after the CB-6000s and Holy Trainer v2 and my first ever custom-sized device. My wife (@HerFreakySide) and I are committed to diving head first into long-term chastity & orgasm denial for 2020 and beyond. Instead of using this as a bedroom or weekend kink, we've decided we're both ready to make this a permanent lifestyle... or a "new normal" as I said in my introduction to this forum. The only problem is our old devices are probably not going to cut it.

With that said, I'll take you through my thoughts over the last few weeks as I selected a cage, obtained measurements, and placed the order. Now that I have the device in hand (or rather- on my cock), I'll also give my initial impressions and let you know how my measurement attempts panned out. As the weeks, months, and hopefully even years go by, I'd like to keep this thread updated and let prospective Contender owners know what they're in for over the long haul.

Why the MCN Contender?

Our #1 requirement for a chastity device is the ability to wear it indefinitely without any breaks for unlocking. This of course makes comfort and hygiene top priorities. After a ton of research, the Mature Metal Jailbird and Male Chastity Now Contender emerged as the best options. Since we have a fairly active lifestyle, I also needed something lightweight that wouldn't limit range of motion at the gym or flop around while running. This ultimately was the deciding factor as the Contender is supposed to be the lighter of the two cages. That, and the remarkable order-fulfillment time that everyone raves about in their reviews for MCN products.

Sizing Process:

- Base Ring Width: I wore the 1-5/8" rubber test ring (as recommended on MCN's site) for a few days with no issues. I did have a tiny abrasion under my scrotum after day 2, which I attribute to the seam in the rubber test ring. I felt pretty confident this would not be a problem with the smooth stainless steel surface of the Contender.

- Gap Width: Apparently something like 90% of customers go with 3/8" and are perfectly fine with it. My cock is average in almost every sense of the word (about 3" soft, 5.5" hard), so I couldn't imagine I'd be any different.

- Cage Ring Width: I struggled a bit with this measurement. The 1-1/4" test ring slid right on but seemed a little too easy to remove. On the other hand, the 1-1/8" ring took more work to get on but felt secure, maybe even a little constricting, once in place. Mark assured me he could split the difference with 1-3/16".

- Cage Length: Perhaps the most difficult measurement for me. It's easy to get caught up in the hype for those "nub" style cages everyone seems to be gravitating to on Reddit and BDSMLR. However, Mark has been pretty consistent with his opinion on length (i.e., "your entire penis is comfortable in a 'resting' position filling the cage"), and I've never been very optimistic that such tiny cages would be practical for long-term wear. So after deciding to play it safe, I then found the measurement guide on MCN's site to be a little vague. After some digging around, I was elated to find Mark's clarification right here on ChastityMansion.... https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...from-my-flaccid-length-for-optimal-fit.31908/.... Bottom line: measure down the side of the shaft, not the top or bottom. As depicted in that thread, the length includes the base ring, not just the tube as I initially thought. Anyway, I'm usually between 2-3/4" and 3" when flaccid, and I ultimately decided to round down in case the base ring sagged over time.

Ordering:

Since my 1-3/16" cage ring width is not listed in the site's customization drop-down menu, we completed the order through email and a PayPal invoice. From the time I reached out with some questions to the time I received the package was less than 5 days. This probably would have been even quicker if I contacted MCN earlier in the day on Wednesday or if the USPS delivered on Sundays. From everything I've read, I don't think any other custom manufacturer comes close.

Sizing Review:

First and foremost, the sizes that I asked for are exactly what I received. Some adjustments will need to be made, but that's only a result of my less-than-perfect measurements. Mark's craftsmanship is fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better product. Anyway, here's what I ended up with...

- Base Ring Width (1-5/8"): Fits as expected. It's actually easier to slide on and off than the rubber test ring, and I'm sure the weight of the device and sweat will cause the base ring to sag a bit... perhaps fashioning a waistband out of some paracord will do the trick. I'll give it a few weeks before deciding to go smaller.

- Gap Width (3/8"): For some reason, this ended up a bit wider than I thought it would be, and I think I'll eventually prefer a 1/4" width for a little more security. That said, I think the extra gap will allow me to get used to wearing the device a bit easier. After reading countless reviews on numerous products, it sounds like too narrow of a gap can cause a lot of pain in the scrotum. Maybe in a few weeks I will ask to have the gap width shortened.

- Cage Ring Width (1-3/16"): Perfect fit. Hugs the shaft nicely without being constricting.

- Cage Length (2-3/4"): Fits as expected. The tip of my flaccid cock is resting lightly against the bars when the base ring is more or less flush against my body. As everything starts to sag a little, I end up with the recommended amount of room anyway. No complaints.

- Pictures for Sizing Reference:

Side View:
    [​IMG]
    Front View:
    [​IMG]

Overall Impressions:

- Appearance: You can judge yourself from the pictures above, but personally I absolutely love it.

- Comfort: The entire contraption feels perfectly conformed to my body as if it's meant to be there. Even better, getting hard in the cage is an incredible step up from my CB-6000s. This doesn't give me that nasty feedback loop where the more everything swells, the more difficult it is to reverse the blood flow and ease the pressure. As of now, I really don't foresee any issues with sleeping, exercising, long-term wear, etc., although I will definitely provide updates here. One potential concern is the thinness of the cage bars, which others have noted. Since they're quite narrow, I won't be surprised if the tip of my cock gets a little sore - or at least extra sensitive - over the next few days.

- Hygiene: Hard to say on the first day, but the whole point of such an open design is to allow for cleaning without unlocking. I think the sizes I ordered will provide just enough wiggle room to effortlessly clean under all the rings and bars when showering.

- Security: Yeah... it's a ball-trap design, so obviously security isn't 100% there. No sizing combination without a piercing will prevent being able to pull out of the tube. As far as removing the device entirely...well, I haven't tried that yet, and I'm not sure I want to know the answer. If that is possible, I'd like to think I wouldn't be able to put it back on in a locked state, which sort of acts as it's own deterrent. Imagine having to explain to your keyholder why your cage is off but still locked!

- Orgasm Prevention: Definitely won't be impossible to cum, but it certainly won't be comfortable or easy. At the very least, I won't be able to edge myself for hours on end anymore... or jerk off at all without the painful reminder that I'm doing something I shouldn't be.

- Visibility Under Clothes: No worse than anything else I've worn, although I think it sticks out a little more than it needs to. Honestly, it's too bad the cage bars aren't curved downward just a little. Regardless, no one is going to notice the ever-so-slight bulge in my jeans, so I'm not bothered or concerned at all.

- Quality/Value: The Contender is advertised as the most affordable custom chastity device on the market. All I know is that as of this post, it's the exact same price as its direct competitor, the MM Jailbird ($320 USD). To me, that price point very fair given the quality of materials, customer service, and fabrication. I can already tell it's worth every penny above off-the-shelf plastic and silicone cages and cheap Chinese knockoffs.

One More Thing:

Okay, enough shilling. One thing that's kind of weird... Going off other peoples' pictures, I could tell a standard padlock would have to sit perpendicular to the cage. I can live with that since I don't like the idea of a security screw, and there's just something erotic about a classic lock and key. Well, I ordered an extra padlock for $8 and wouldn't you know, the shackle is too short to close all the way. I grabbed the padlock from my CB-6000s, and that sucker just barely latches and only when positioned on a really weird angle. So yeah, that's a little frustrating.

For now, I'll be using my leftover plastic numbered locks from CB-X. Since these are much thinner than the Master Locks, my device's gap width now sits extended by another 1/16". Surprisingly, I think this may be a slight blessing in disguise that will allow my body to get used to full time wear over the next few weeks. If & when I get the gap width adjusted, I'll see if I can figure out a better padlock solution.

Conclusion:

Top of the line as far as ball trap designs go! My original plan was to only wear it for a couple hours today and tomorrow, eventually building up to overnights and weekends. Instead I've had it on all afternoon (sometimes forgetting it's there), and I'm just going to apply some lube to the base ring before trying to sleep in it tonight. I'm actually really glad I played it safe with my measurements, as now I have a great starting point to fine tune some very minor adjustments in the near future. I have a feeling this will be the last chastity device I ever need to buy.

And of course, the most important thing of all... my wife is super excited with this purchase! She loves the appearance and is already enjoying teasing me through the openings in the cage. She's really looking forward to fixing the padlock issue so that she can carry an actual key around. Suddenly, I'm not so sure she's going to unlock me nearly as often as she promised...

subhubandy, Slave-boy, castd and 4 others like this.
  2. JKisChaste

JKisChaste Active member

Writer
    USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    Great looking device and awesome initial review @HisFreakySide Let us know how it goes. The fast turnaround is simply brilliant with such outstanding craftsmanship. Congratulations.

3. rxbuk

rxbuk Member

Local Time:
    12:30 AM
    first class review of your new device.
    i too opted for a device from Mark at MCN, but i went semi custom with the explorer model. can’t fault the quality of workmanship and design, as well as the very swift delivery to the UK which was 6 days.
    my only gripe would be for a bigger diameter cage as an option. i have to use the stocking method for insertion and need a break from it roughly 4 - 5 days in for a few hours as my (overly saggy) foreskin seems to bloat up a bit.
    my next device will be the fully custom contender for sure.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  4. Kat9s toy

Kat9s toy Long term member

California (US)
    Local Time:
    4:30 PM
    Thank you for the great review! I've been considering an MCN device and have probably decided on the Contender (over the Adaptus, Amicus or Explorer). Since it looks like I'm going to be locked up full time for some time, I figured why get the best fitting one?

Sizing of course varies according to each individual, but thanks for the info your sizing.

I'll be interested to hear more about your hygiene experiences. I problem I often have is with sweat between the cage & testicles, not to mention post-urination drips. Again, I realize different individuals' sizing & biology will differ, but I'm wondering how your experience is with the Contender.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice