Size and sexuality (size matters, we think)

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by longtallsally, May 28, 2023.

1. longtallsally

longtallsally Long term member

Video editor
    UK
    Local Time:
    11:27 PM
    I've just posted this to my journal but would be interested in reactions/advice so am cross-posting here - I hope that's ok.

We had an interesting discussion about size this morning. Not My Pete's size, but the size of his cage and how it affects him. Since we frst experiemented with a 'toy' cage (which was miles too big) about a year and a half ago, he's had a few models of various lengths.

He recently noticed that there was often a little gap between his tip and the end of the cage and thought it would be easier to pee neatly if he had a slightly shorter model. And he was also finding that his sleep was being disturbed (mostly when he was very desperate) as he could get the beginnings of being hard enough to start pulling. Since the slightly shorter one arrived he's been experimenting with both, two days or so at a time for each. He asked me which I prefer but until we had the conversation this morning, I had no preference - I could hardly spot the difference to be honest, so I've left it to him to choose which he'd like.

He says that the slightly smaller one does occasionally make it easier to pee but actually doesn't make that much difference. He said it's a bit early to say but he thought he slept better in the smaller one because any erections are 'nipped in the bud' so he doesn't seem to expand enough to start pulling. At this point, I'd lost concentration on what he was saying because I didn't really mind which he chose - whichever felt more comfortable. But then he said that he thought they each affected him differently, mentally. That woke me up!

He said that the recent experiement had confirmed what he'd thought when we tried various cherry keepers a while back. He said the smaller one, while physically marginally more comfortable, seemed to suppress his libido. He said he felt that because sexy thoughts are so bound up with his physical response that when the physical side is totally constrained, it seems to affect his mental response as well. And because his physical response was in turn tied up with his maleness, he thought the smaller one made him feel somewhat emasculated and he was worried about this feeling spilling over into the rest of our lives. The slightly larger one, allowing him to get the merest beginning of an erection feels more like the 'caged animal' that we discussed at the outset of our project, rather than having his 'sexuality completely squashed'. He said that with the smaller one, he finds that he thinks about sex less than when he's wearing the larger one!

The difference betwen the two cages hardly seems significant to me - probably about a centimetre, and yet he's reporting a fundamental difference in his mental state! I found this amazing. I said that unless the occasional sleep issue or the pee thing became serious then I'd much prefer him in the slightly larger model - I want him desperate, frustrated and aroused, not squashed and emasculated. He looked extremely relieved! I said I'd keep the smaller cage though, "in case I change my mind and decide you really need it". Cue the frightened rabbit expression!

Sal

(I'm also posting this to the bit of the forum about devices, in case others have the same sort of experiences or can make any recommendations about other things to try)

2. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    I find that the smaller the cage the more desperate I get, and the smaller is much more comfortable.

I don't feel emasculated by the smaller cage since I confidently oozing pure maleness, and that's just what my GF loves.

3. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    10:27 PM
    i find a smaller cage more comfortable - well, one small enough that i will always pretty much fill it. if it's big enough that things can slide back and forth in it, that can lead to discomfort (though this may be a lot to do with me not being circumcised).

but there is a bit of a mental kick when you look down and see a small cage, especially for the first time.

4. WWSUB

WWSUB Long term member

Local Time:
    4:27 PM
    My first couple of cages were a little bit bigger than I needed, just trying to find the right fit. Being able to get more of an erection in a slightly larger cage for me was bad and I found them more painful and harder to get rid of. The cage size that’s just right doesn’t allow me to get as hard which stifles things quickly and in the long run is more comfortable to wear and cleaner when going pee. I never noticed a difference libido wise for myself after wearing a slightly longer cage versus one that’s just right, I always feel like that caged animal. Funny how 1cm and make such a big difference psychologically.

MadameJs_boo, longtallsally and Rrnjr like this.
  5. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:27 PM
    I wear cages of different size and shapes for a variety of reasons.

Generally:

Smallest = most comfy to sleep in.
    Mediums = easiest to pee in
    Larger = more comfy during the day and best to be teased in.

The only thing that I don't care for are cages that leave a sizable gap at the end--those are obviously too large for me.

Same with base rings. The precise fit desired depends on mood and situation. Even metal vs plastic is a choice made upon choosing my day's device.

Do we try to make all of our clothing fit identically? Hardly.

longtallsally likes this.
  6. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Whilst the different in size is not significant to look at, its an important part of the fit.

One of the experiments I tried when getting the size for a custom build was to get a shorter tube (CB6000S). This felt immediately better. Then I tried putting a fizzy drink bottle cap, think it was Coke, not Pepsi, in the end of the cage which shortened the available space again.

And exactly as you've described it, or rather your Pete, its like its "nipped in the bud" so the erection doesn't get to start. It seems that the length starts first before the girth.

I wrote a thread about Small Cage Humiliation and whether it was a kink. I concluded that the smaller the cage, the prouder I was and how clever my Keyholder was at "taming the beast".

So ladies, size is important, or is that lack of size?

A

7. FLRAdvocate

FLRAdvocate Long term member

Goddess Worshipper/Pussyfree Lifestyle Evangelist
    Local Time:
    6:27 PM
    I'll also chime in with the "smaller makes for a better fit" crowd. When I started 6 years ago, I had a cage with a roughly 2" tube. Since then, I have progressively gotten shorter and shorter cages to the point now where it's just a nub. The penis gets used to being in the smaller cages and accommodates the fit (which is not the same thing as "shrinking" that some claim). These are far better to sleep in for sure, and to me they're just more comfortable, I guess because my cock has gotten used to being in them. To me, they're also easier to pee in, and they make getting anything resembling an erection very difficult and painful, which is what my GF prefers. I certainly don't feel any more "emasculated" in a smaller cages than I do in a larger cage, though. A locked up cock that is unusable is a locked up cock that is unusable regardless of the size of the container it's locked in.

So, for some guys, they prefer to have a variety of cages for different times of the day. So, if you don't have a specific preference, and are fine with him swapping out cages, then it's no big deal.

MadameJs_boo and longtallsally like this.
  8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    my cages have got smaller since i first had one lock on me.

9. Rrnjr

Rrnjr Active member

Blue-collar
    Texas
    Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    I find a bigger one is better for me and I'm just as horny as ever but pee hard ons still make it uncomfortable but that's the natural way it is so all is good from what I'm reading enjoy the journey

10. anasyrma

anasyrma Long term member

Engineer
    Virginia outside Washington, DC
    Local Time:
    I started off with a huge cage thinking I needed the space, but pretty much every cage since has been smaller and smaller. I am definitely happier and more comfortable if I have no room to grow. I understand your comment about emasculation. I know you prefer the caged beast idea.

11. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    I posted my thoughts on this in #1429 of Sal's main journal.

12. Queens servant73

Queens servant73 Long term member

Midwest
    Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    I’ve down sized from 2.25”, to 1.75” to now 1.5” and it’s by far the most comfortable for all around wear. Easier to pee and keep clean, sleeping through the night without disturbance and long term wear.
    I also find absolutely no difference in my libido or manliness feelings lol, and my Wife does enjoy seeing her property kept locked up smaller. She likes to tease me a little about it being so small in his cage and keeping it safe etc.
    I think the only difference if we went back to using the knockoff Chinese cages we bought years ago that are about 4” long, is I’d just be in pain when the morning wood made the attempts.
    My libido and psyche would still be the same as it is when I’m wearing any cage.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice