Single ring compared to double ring?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Lloyd, Feb 15, 2020.

?

Do you prefer single or double ring

Poll closed Feb 19, 2020.
  1. Single ring

37.5%
  2. Double ring

62.5%
  1. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    5:08 AM
    Hello all! About to order my first very own sized steel cage! I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to purchase it. However along most of my research I have come up with A. Purchasing the special locking mechanism for the Watchful Mistress is important for me. B. Making sure it is the absolute best fit. Well I would like to know if oval is better fitting but will it change the size? And second question what is the advantages of a double ring compared to the single? Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    I think a stainless steel cage is definately the way to go. I think weight is a huge factor and may cause the device to sag. Round or oval will depend on how your body adapts. I personally can't wear an oval ring. I find a round ring much more comfortable, but they tend to spin around, especially if your using a padlock. I recommend cutting your chastity teeth by buying several styles of Chinese cages. This will help you figure out the right size and style before spending the big bucks on a custom unit. I've seen a lot of MM devices for sale because the buyers didn't get the measurements right. I have never used a double ring so i can't comment either way, but it will add to the overall weight.

Guest 1047, Lloyd and tecolote like this.
  3. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    Thank you so much for the helpful information and I didn’t think about the overall weight of it all. I did buy their measuring rings but have been pretty much measuring at least once a day. But perhaps you are right about the trying different types first. Thank you for your time and responding to my message

4. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    I measured multiple times a day for two weeks and still didn't get it right. I ended up sending my Jailbird back a couple times for adjustments. Often times you can find guys on here that will sell a collection of Chinese devices for cheap. A $50 assortment can save you money in the long run.

Lloyd likes this.
  5. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    oh ok yes I think maybe I should get some experience with different types beforehand. Thank you so much

6. jshackleton2016

DC metro area
    Local Time:
    I originally ordered a double base ring with my jailbird that ended up being just a tad too big so I then ordered a smaller single ring and that is what I use now - the single base ring. I also had the gap go smaller too. So now the cage is as snug as can be. I like the smaller single base ring feeling better. I might have a different opinion if the double bass ring with the correct size for me.

Lloyd likes this.
  7. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    Call mature metal and get their advice

Like many people I had to make several adjustments to get the fit just right.

FWIW, I personally prefer double oval ring

Lloyd likes this.
  8. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    And good luck!

Lloyd likes this.
  9. Guest 1047

Guest 1047 Active member

Local Time:
    10:08 AM
    Good advice

Lloyd likes this.
  10. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    2:08 AM
    I have a Queens Keep.
    Despite ordering the sizing rings, I still ended up sending it back twice before I got the sizing right.
    As far as single vs double, the double grips a wider piece of skin, to reduce slipping.
    Although they don't really advertise it, they offer a Triple and Quad ring option as well.
    After my last adjustment, I now have a Triple Oval basering,
    If the skin is dry and hair free, it doesn't move very much at all ...I'm pretty sure the movement I have seen is from clothing pulling on it.

Lloyd likes this.
  11. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    What ended up causing you to send it back may I ask? I have my rings fitting very snug at 1 1/4 dia or little resistance at 1 3/8 dia. Not really sure what way to go.

12. Chaste-pegged-switch

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    MM is great and will also provide a lot of guidance if you inquire with them. They helped me a lot when ordering my Watchful Mistress. I ended up with the oval ring, but cannot speak to how it fits yet as I just ordered it a couple of weeks ago.
    As mentioned previously by PeturKitty 58, order some less expensive cages to try out and see what fits well and what doesn't. I found through my trials that I prefer a shorter cage as my size really fluctuates throughout the day. So I took my shortest measurement and subtracted 3/8" from there. Amazon and other places have some really inexpensive options.
    My personal experience with base rings, don't go with the ring that is very snug. Go one size larger. The really snug option, once pulled on by the weight of the metal cage may pull on you more than you like. But that is just my experience.
    Good luck!!

Lloyd likes this.
  13. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    My cage (and ring) kept slipping downwards. Once a partial erection started, it was impossible to stop, and would pull my cage (and ring) further downward, ...with the result being that my cage felt like it would rip my scrotum off until I could will the erection away.

Now, with a snug ring, and cage sized to my flaccid length, the erections can't even get started. If I get turned on, I feel a pressure inside my cage while it tries to get hard, but after a moment of not even getting started, it gives up.

Lloyd and Chaste-pegged-switch like this.
  14. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    That is exactly what I have been experiencing with the current Cage. It is miserable to the point that I just wake up and workout instead of sleeping

15. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    ...So, Back to your Original question "what is the advantages of a double ring compared to the single?"

Once you feel your ring is already as tight as you can/want to go, adding the extra rings (i.e. double, Triple, Quad) will provide additional grip without further reducing the size. ...but they do add a little extra weight.

As far as Oval vs Round, If they are the same size, then the oval rings average diameter should be the same as the round rings diameter (i.e. they have the same 2 dimensional surface area). I'm pretty sure You can't push any more volume through one than the other.

Lloyd likes this.
  16. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    Thank you for everything! Very helpful. Honestly everyone has. I believe I have made my decision about it. I just need to figure out the best fit diameter wise on my shaft. Tight @1 1/4 or little less tight 1 3/8

17. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    I discussed this issue with Mistress MM.

She told me that if your ring fits correctly, Then while standing naked, comfortable, and flacid in a warm room, you should be able to fit 1 and only 1 finger under the ring up to the 1st knuckle.

In my case at least this turned out to be a very accurate prediction

Lloyd likes this.
  18. Chaste-pegged-switch

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    If you are talking the cage itself, tighter may be better. Loose will allow for growth to take place that may make things less comfortable. However, it really depends on how snug the smaller size is.
    If this is for your base ring, the process outlined by Alana is accurate and will lead to your ability to naturally swell and shrink without discomfort.

Lloyd likes this.
  19. Lloyd

Lloyd Member

Laborer
    Ohio, Northeast area
    Local Time:
    Yes I was talking about the diameter of my penis. So basically the cage itself. Not the base . Thank you so much for the response. My Mistress/KH really likes the Watchful Mistress. And her support makes me want to please her with having one !

jshackleton2016 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice