scrotal ache

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by pseudonym of the sea, Dec 16, 2021.

1. pseudonym of the sea

pseudonym of the sea Active member

Local Time:
    8:52 PM
    can we talk about scrotal ache ?

i'm pretty new, only maybe 20 full days or so in total, with continuous runs of a little over 4 days. at this point I think I have a well-dialed-in Cherry Keeper ring and cage. what i'm wondering about is after three or four days, my poor ballsack starts to really ache, mostly where the base of the cage portion presses into it, but also around the sides. it takes a few days cage-free to recover. there's no rash. i'm being pretty liberal with lotion to lubricate things.

is this something that improves with time ?

I don't want to go to a larger ring, as I already slip out of this one with even just a little effort (or possibly even accidentally) - in fact i'm planning to go down one mm or so and reduce the ball-gap via the angle the cage attaches at.

would a metal cage change this ? I imagine I could maybe use a slightly larger ring if it were metal, since it would not have the slight flexibility inherent in the nylon material of the CK.

thanks for any insight.

Beyondheat and Slave Dave73 like this.
  2. Dan Lions

Dan Lions Active member

PA
    Local Time:
    11:52 PM
    What kind of lubrication are you trying. I have had the best luck with some of the thicker silicone lubes as far as staying comfortable.

pseudonym of the sea likes this.
  3. pseudonym of the sea

Local Time:
    i'm using a typical moisturizer. i've tried several and this one is the most lubricating.
    i've also tried silicone-based lube but it didn't seem as good. plus messier. maybe i'll give it another shot. I didn't realize it could be "thicker".

i've also tried under-arm deodorant, which kinda works and is nice because it's sort of dry.

4. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    Is the “ache” just and ache or more of a burning painful sensation? Achy is “good” - mine get that way after a few days in from being excited…vs pain/burning from either lack of lubrication or, and more likely, the wrong gap size between the base ring and cage. I use baby oil gel for mine and it usually works great.

5. pseudonym of the sea

Local Time:
    thanks for the thoughtful reply.

it's a painful ache.
    actually things have improved a bit since I posted. I stopped using a double ring in favor of a single. I think the double was pushing things forward a bit much and stretching the skin.

this thread has also prompted me to revisit silicone lube, which is working great.

all that improvement aside tho, after five days things are still hurting in a circle of pain tracing the path of contact of the ring. I don't want to go to a larger ring as i'm already slipping out of this one occasionally.

i'll sick with it and see how things go. it's just a bit of pain and not a sore or a rash.

perhaps i'll get up the nerve to join the good ship prince albert at some point. the PA-only devices sounds like heaven.

thanks again.

Beyondheat likes this.
  6. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    If you’re “new” in the cage just make sure you’re taking plenty of “break in” time to get used to it. Locking it on and running 24/7 out the gate is pretty much fantasy. We took a break from it (after fairly long term regular wear), and I’m back in, but working over the last week to full days/into the night and likely tonight will be the first night to sleep in it this time around…definitely pays to go slow if you want to go long term.

7. pseudonym of the sea

Local Time:
    yeah, I might be rushing it, but it's difficult to tell. this is maybe my fifth run of four/five days, with time in between to refresh. before that were many shorter trials. overall it's definitely getting easier.

my hope is the skin just adapts. if it takes time that's fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice