Ring at your body or stretched out?

Discussion in 'HolyTrainer' started by LongTimeLurker, Sep 11, 2020.

1. LongTimeLurker

Local Time:
    10:52 AM
    Hi,
    I bought my first cage which is knockoff of HolyTrainer V3. My question is if you have the ring exactly at your body or a bit further from your body stretched out with your testicles?

I think I made a newbie mistake and bought bigger size (the maxi one) than I should. When I have the ring at my body, I fill the whole cage. The problem is that after I get aroused or sweaty, the ring is pushed further from my body and when I'm flaccid there is as far as 1cm (or 0.4 inch) space so I had to rearrange it often.

The main problem is to walk with the cage when there is some extra space. But on the other hand if the ring further from my body it's more comfortable for me as I don't feel the ring between my legs.

One solution is to use the string as many other do but I would prefer other solution. Should I buy smaller tube?

2. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Member

Local Time:
    9:52 AM
    You should buy a smaller ring :)
    Buy cheap Chinese replica, which often comes with multiple rings and try each for few days to understand which fits better.
    Also I got surprised to learn that the smaller tube the better.
    Either way, once you have an idea about the size you need - go and buy proper original version. The quality is incomparable.

JackStrap and Guest 3972 like this.
  3. LongTimeLurker

Local Time:
    So it's the ring and not the tube after all?
    Luckily I have bought the set with four rings. Right now I use the 50mm but I'll try the smaller one. The ring itself is alright but the gap for balls is about half the size with the 50mm ring. I was afraid of my health so I decided to start with the bigger ring. But I'll give it a try.
    Thanks for the tips.

4. Sissy-CJ

Sissy-CJ Long term member

East Midlands (UK)
    Local Time:
    It will initially feel wrong and tight but a smaller ring (not too small to cut the blood supply off) is definitely better and more comfortable for longer durations.

Sissy_Dé, BR_Saiph and JackStrap like this.
  5. Billy J

Billy J Long term member

East Coast, USA
    Local Time:
    5:52 AM
    I did this when I first tried full time chastity. Started with the largest ring and over weeks worked my way down to the 2nd smallest ring. Keep in mind what works for your comfort is what matters. As you get to the smaller rings you may need some lube around d the ring as your sac acclimates to the restriction.
    Hope this helps, and enjoy.

Sissy-CJ likes this.
  6. Sissy-CJ

Sissy-CJ Long term member

East Midlands (UK)
    Local Time:
    Lube is a good point (o:

7. Billy J

Billy J Long term member

East Coast, USA
    Local Time:
    5:52 AM
    I've noticed that lube seems to be the key to many fitment/discomfort posts.

bondinchas likes this.
  8. LongTimeLurker

Local Time:
    Thanks for the tips but sadly no luck here. When I have just the ring it is alright but as soon as put on the tube and lock it, my balls turn purple.

Is it possible that the gap is too small because it's a knock off? Or could it be because I have the maxi tube?

I was unable to measure it correctly but the gap seems around 6mm (0.24 inches) which is in my opinion extremely small.

9. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    2:52 AM
    My experience with the ring is that too tight is too tight. You’ll know because it hurts. It can be too small of a gap between ring and tube or that the ring overall is too small when you are erect.

You can also have pain from the ring tugging on the skin, creating a burning sensation.

Some say that smaller (but not too small) rings will reduce the burning sensation. That’s not been my experience.

As for pulling the device away, that’s how ball trap works. It’s your balls that trap the device on you. When you get an erection it will pull the ring over your scrotum until the ball stop it. So, how far it drags down your penis depends on how tight or slack your scrotum is.

Yea, it would be more aesthetic if the device were held tight against my body and my penis was always trapped with in.

There are some designs that place the ring partway down the tube. The HT kind of does this.

I did have a contender with a large cage. My flaccid penis didn’t fill it but it was able to mostly contain erections.

Now I have a shorter cage with PA. It gets pulled away from my body but the piercing keeps my penis all the way in.

10. PrairieSissy

PrairieSissy Active member

Central KS, USA
    Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    You can also try the string trick to keep the ring closer to you - I've found it helps quite a lot even with well fit devices. The name of the game is to keep trying different things until you know what works for you.

11. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Then you have an ok base ring size, but the gap is too small.

With a steel cage you can usually adjust the gap.
    Assemble the cage (off the body) and using your fingers or a tool wrapped in a cloth (to prevent accidentally scratching the steel) gently prise the ring away from the tube to expand the gap.
    You won't need to adjust it by much, just a millimetre or two at a time will make a difference.

A sensible first step though is to find out what the smallest size of ring is that you can comfortably wear. Try wearing different sized rings without the cage for a day at a time to see what sizes are most comfortable. The smallest base ring that you can wear (with lube) without any discomfort is the correct size for you. Once you have discovered that critical measurement, then you can experiment with different gap sizes that will suit your base ring size.

A problem with gap sizes is that the geometry depends on both the perpendicular separation between the two parallel rings, and the difference in diameter between the two rings. The gauge of the steel used to form the rings also has an effect on the gap, and on comfort.

It's difficult to calculate if a given device will fit perfectly just from the measurements. You can get close using the measurements, but for comfort (like with shoes) you'll only know if it's right for you when you wear it for a day.

LongTimeLurker likes this.
  12. LongTimeLurker

Local Time:
    Sounds like a plan to me. Thank you very much

13. sissydavenport

sissydavenport Locked sissy sub / spouse of Mistress Davenport

Musician / other media stuff
    East Central Illinois
    Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    One note from a long-time Holy Trainer wearer: Ring size is ultimately a compromise between comfort when completely flaccid and comfort with any level of arousal. For me, a 40mm ring worked well when I was completely flaccid, but it absolutely killed when I was aroused it all. It was the bad kind of pain, and Mistress loves tease and denial so W/we went with the 45 mm. It's been a few years and at some point I might try to step down again, but it takes the fun out of teasings, which are so fun!

-nancy

14. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    What is the string trick?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice