Rigid Chastity #4 / Halfshell

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Pieterchaste, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    8:18 AM
    Hi All,

This is for sure not the first review but as I am so satisfied with this new device, I wanted to share my positive experience. Kudos to Rigid Chasity for their product quality!

Except for the extreme long waiting time and difficult communication (as most of us are apparently used to with Rigid), the build quality and comfort are way beyond anything else that I have ever tried / have worn.

I ordered the #4 / Halfshell, about 10 months ago and it finally arrived last week Monday. I have been in there for a little over a week continuously, only opening the shell part for a (supervised) small inspection after day 4.

Size and fit:
    In the past years I own(ed) several cages with the absolute favorite being a Chinese knock-off (A271) stainless steel cage with inner diameter 35mm and a 45mm Base-ring.

So when ordering the ne wdevice, I followed themeasurement instructions from Rigid website plus used the measurements I had from the A271 and ended up with:
    - 44mm base-ring (just 1mm down from the A271 45mm)
    This just feels good. It might be a little loose on the hot days, hanging from the balls but nothing disturbing. I did ask them if I could order an additional 42 or even 40 mm ring but waiting for a reply (which may take a little time…)

- My sweet spot in piercing stretching got me to 7mm / 1 G so that is the hook size I went with (had to make a separate note as it is not an option to choose in the ordering process but they gladly accepted the special request and made me a 7mm.

- 37mm inner diameter (some more room for growth in girth, the fixation bar for the PA hook and some room for cleaning, compared to the 35mm all-time-favo A271

- 60mm length (7-8cm flaccid length so took the short and deducted 10% = 63mm, ended up with 60) This seems to be quite good. I may have gone for 55 as the base ring comes down a bit during the day. On the other hand, going down in diameter of the base ring may change the fit.. For sure, even in hot days (with low hanging balls) there is not even the slightest “pull” on the piercing! So 60 is probably just about perfect.

In general, the length, in combination with the diameter are a very good fit. Especially the nocturnal wood does happen (as I noticed when I woke up from the alarm clock and not from the pain!) but there is no (real) pain or discomfort except for the intentional nice-and-tight grip feeling of being caged of course!

The weight is nice and balanced. The device is noticeable during the day which reminds me regularly of being locked but it is not annoyingly heavy and after a week I sometimes even totally forget that it’s there.

Something else that surprised me (after years and several devices with each their own little issues): As all is nicely and pretty much anatomical built and perfectly polished, I have had no irritation like pinching, edema or chafing at all (so far), even being quite active.

Hygiene:
    For now, after wearing for a week and a bit, this device seems to be quite good to clean. Even though I had my reservations in the beginning with the closed-tube design, the “half” shell design allows quite some access from the bottom side. With the 37mm diameter and a flaccid diameter of about 32, there is quite some room to squeeze shower-gel and massage the gel a bit a finger and a Q-tip. A hand-shower can easily flush the tube from the bottom / sides and through the hole at the tip. After day 4, with the inspection, all came out as fresh as it would be after an uncaged shower or a bath.

Security:
    Since I got a PA about two years ago, after it healed and stretched, I started exploring PA-secure devices and ended up back to the A271 and a separate PA-lock or as a lower-profile alternative, used a segment-ring in the piercing.

With the RC fixed- hook design, the security feel is perfect and very comfortable at the same time. A slight pull on the flaccid shaft from the top reminds me that there is no-way-out.

So as said, the half-shell provides some room / access from the bottom. As this is super for hygiene and comfort, it doesn’t really give me access to “play”; as soon as the member gets aroused and becomes hard, the cage is filled and the little gap to potentially access the head area is closed by the erection. The shaft part, closer to the body, remaining somewhat exposed doesn’t really do the trick for me to get aroused when touched. So really NO getting off!

I also like their way of putting the lock “upside-down” so it is more difficult to tamper with (even the condom-package-trick didn’t work) and I like that their locks are different from all the Chinese ones I have saved over the past years as none of the other keys I have tried fit the lock. So no (original) key is no access!

Look and feel:
    The looks are awesome! I really like the quality and the finish of the product. Outside and inside nice and clean, nicely polished to a beautiful shiny jewel. Yes, I do see this more as jewelry than a device to enforce chastity.

Under clothes, it’s very stealthy. The bulge is more of someone who is (just over-) average endowed. There is no clingy sounds, no rattles.. So unless someone literally touches the bulge and feels hard steel, I don’t think anyone would notice it is even there. Even in (relatively silky) boxer briefs, my GF wondered if I was even wearing it or not.. I did visit the gym three times until now and feel totally comfortable in shorts and in the changing room.

The enclosed casing of the half-shell helps with the psychological effect of not-being-able-to-touch as there is nothing really to see of my member at all. The shiny polish, heavy-looking steel shell and sturdy looking connecting bars make me feel (maybe weird?) masculine! Every time I undress to either go to the washroom, take a shower or get into bed and touch or see the cage, I feel proud of wearing it!

Chris estim and KendlePierce like this.
  2. Tarknassus

Tarknassus Wordy chastity nerdery.

Dog Walker
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    This is a great review, and extremely helpful for me. I've been looking for a PA and foreskin-friendly cage, and although my Steelheart is fantastic at complete enclosure, it's also very high maintenance...

As someone who typically uses 35mm, how did you find the extra couple of mm with the 37mm tube on the Halfshell?

Great to hear the underbelly access means hygiene is a lot easier - coming from a daily removal of my Steelheart means it's slightly dissatisfying as it's not truly 24/7 for at least a few days or more. Open cages were better, but terrible for foreskin and pinching.

My only other option is the Looker 02 from Steelworxx, but would need customising to have the solid dome with single hole. I've made enquiries about that, and then it's a difficult toss-up between the two.

This cage is now very much on my radar, just put off a bit by the wait times and communication from the Rigid Chastity team...

Kinkeypup likes this.
  3. Kinkeypup

Kinkeypup Member

Europe
    Local Time:
    I’m actually selling my half-shell + my model 5 from Rigid since I have a steelwerks device. Will post measurements in the sales section

4. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    For me, the 37mm feels enourmous when flaccid… during the day, it almost feels not wearing a CD at all.

Additional benefit (for me at least) is that with the morning wood, there is some room to grow which allows forward movement before girth growth, resulting in hardly any pain, pinch or pull so morning wood doesn’t wake me up. Okay, sometimes I do wake up but never having a dull pain.

I do like steelworkxx for their sleek design where Rigid has a more “complicated” look.

I do agree that delivery time and communication is horrendous.
    If they would improve that, they could be in the top of the available suppliers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice