Review of Behind Barz Complete Belt

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by Houdini, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    I’ve had a BB belt since April, which I’ve worn fairly extensively, so thought I’d post a review for anyone who might be interested in getting one.

I’ll cover some general thoughts first, and include more detail below for anyone wanting more in depth information.

General comments

Firstly, I love this belt. I’ve re-read my review before posting and it is a bit negative in places, which wasn’t my intention - I can be a little difficult to please! So please bear in mind the positives definitely outweigh the negatives, and I do recommend it as a great belt. Also as BB very rightly point out in my welcome post you need to build up the amount of time you can spend locked up.

The belt is very nicely made, and I think looks great. There are quite a few different options available, so with a bit of research and / or trial and error, you should be able to get something that suits what you are looking for.

It also feels very nice to wear. I really miss it when not wearing it, and can’t wait to get locked back in. I do have a bit of a problem wearing for more than about 5 days though (more info below). If I could get that sorted it would be close to perfect for me.

The belt is also very secure, but the locks could do with being more secure (again more info below).

Putting the belt together

The belt is easy to put together. The waist belt comes in two parts, which you screw to a back plate with nuts (these are very low profile and fit fairly flush to the waistband - not sure if ‘nut’ would be the correct term) and bolts.

One improvement could be to the nuts. These are circular, so when tightening the bolts the nuts slip, so you can never fully tighten the belt. Once I’d found the correct sizing for the belt I superglued the nuts so I could fully tighten everything. If the nuts fit into a square hole in the belt, and therefore couldn’t rotate when tightening, it would make it a lot easier.

Measurements

Ordering the belt requires minimal measurements, and the belt is adjustable in the waist by up to 2 inches up or down (in 1 inch increments). This was a huge selling point for me, as I’d been thinking of ordering a Neosteel belt, but was put off by needing to buy a measuring kit first, and I was sure I’d end up getting at least one of the measurements wrong and just didn’t want the hassle of sending it back to Germany for adjustments.

With the BB belt I felt I could order in confidence, and with 2 inches adjustability I was sure I’d get a good fit, even if I hadn’t measured fully accurately.

The only other measurements needed are for the cock ring and tube size. I defaulted to the largest size for both on the basis it was better to err on the larger side. I also went for the oval ring.

Fitting out of the box

When first trying on the belt, it fit very nicely straight away. It takes a little bit of time to make a few minor bends, and to experiment with different settings on the waist belt.

After a while I did find the waist belt wasn’t perfectly sized (it’s not a true custom fit), but Behind Barz were very kind enough to send me a new back plate free of charge, which was a 1/2” shorter than what came in the box. With the new back plate the waist belt is a perfect fit.

The other issue I had with sizing was the cock ring. Although I’d gone for the largest size, at night I found this quite painful and was causing an abrasion. I ordered a custom sized ring, and now get no discomfort from the cock ring even after wearing for a week.

Trying out the different configurations

The system is quite versatile and can be worn in the following ways:
    • penis tube only (with or without the cock ring)
    • as above, with the cage (with or without the anal rod)
    • cage only (with or without the anal rod)
    I’ve found the best way for me to wear the belt is using the penis tube and cock ring. This is very secure and I don’t feel there is any way to remove the belt without unlocking it. The cock ring also keeps everything nicely in place.

Without the cock ring you may be able to wriggle the belt down (depending on your body shape and how tight you wear the waist belt).

I found the addition of the cage (and rod) to be unnecessary to add to the security of the device. The cage is also uncomfortable after a short while as it chafes the thighs (there is a lower profile Hannibal cage, which I don’t have, which may be an improvement on this - something I would like to test in the future).

I’ve also tried wearing just the cage without the tube, and didn’t find it particularly comfortable as there’s some sharp edges which can dig a little painfully on the penis. I was a little disappointed with this, as wearing just the cage might have allowed continued wear when needing a break out of the tube for a while. The Hannibal cage may solve this issue as well, but I haven’t tried it.

A note on the penis tube - the standard tube is quite open, and didn’t look like it would prevent you touching yourself. I therefore had bars fitted between the gaps of the tube. Without the bars a cage may be required for additional security.

Long term wear

After I’d got the larger size cock ring I’ve found the belt generally very comfortable to wear, even overnight, and have worn it for up to 7 days continuously.

Although it’s comfortable I do currently have an issue with the penis tube.

I got the tube with the addition of bars to restrict access. The way the bars are fitted though, reduces the internal diameter of the tube and create pressure points as these make contact with your penis, before the rest of the tube. After 5 days or so this can make me a little sore and I need a couple of days before I can go back in. This would be where wearing the cage alone would be useful (but see comments above).

For me this is a definite area for improvement. I’ve been in touch with Behind Barz and they have said they will make me a custom tube with the bars fitted so as not to reduce the internal diameter of the tube. If I buy this I will post an update. At present though, the bars stop the belt from being suitable for truly long term wear for me.

I’m also intending to try the standard tube, but have concerns it is too open. I wonder whether I should get a shorter tube to be more restrictive in preventing erections to compensate for it being more open. If anyone has any feedback on this, then I’d love to hear it.

Another problem with the tube is that the urine hole pinches my foreskin and feels quite sharp. I’ve mentioned this to Behind Barz and they’ve suggested the hole could be made larger and this would allow the edges to be made smoother. I can live with it for now though, the main issue I need to fix is the pressure points from the bars in the tube.

Security

The way I wear the belt is with the cock ring and tube. There is no way the belt can come off without the key.

However, I’ve found that the locks are very easy to buy online. I’ve bought a couple to get spare keys (under my wife’s control). I like to think when locked up I have absolutely no way out without my wife’s permission, so knowing I could order a new key and unlock myself within a couple of days does spoil the effect a little.

Hygiene

The standard tube is very open, so hygiene would not be an issue. As I have the bars on my tube, a daily clean in the shower is enough, but a properly clean when out of the belt is needed once or twice a week.

Conclusion

A great belt for continuous lock up of about a week for me. If I can find a solution to the bars of the penis tube digging in (or just get more used to it) then it’s ideal for me. The fact that I can easily buy a spare key is a little disappointing as it’s the only thing that stops the belt being inescapable.

Behind Barz, Dumb1 and Joroincharge like this.
  2. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    That's easy sorted. Your KH changes the locks to ones she gets herself (BehindBarz will supply easily) so any spare key you get will no longer fit. It;s even possible to have the two locks keyed separately.

Behind Barz and Houdini like this.
  3. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:
    That’s interesting if you think BehindBarz can supply locks that don’t use a generic key (or at least one of two - I was aware you could have the locks keyed separately, but I thought these still used standard keys). I’ll get in touch with them and see what they say.

4. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    From their website:

A
    "CAN I PURCHASE EXTRA KEYS?

As standard we supply 2 identically keyed locks with 2 matching keys. When placing your original order please specify if you require additional keys.

If you come back to us at a later date we will be able to provide a set of replacement locks that will be keyed differently – we charge £40 plus shipping for a new set of locks."

Link is here.

http://behindbarz.co.uk/about-the-belt/

Answer I think therefore is yes. So she just gets a new set. Keeps all the keys to new ones same way as does now. And has option of changing just one lock or both. These radial locks are pretty much same as the old Tollyboy where each lock was individual and numbered. So one key'd not open another's belt! I think the new AccessDenied are like this too.

hardbodysub likes this.
  5. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:58 PM
    nice review. Thanks.

Behind Barz likes this.
  6. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:

7. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:
    Thanks very much for the feedback. I’m going to give the standard tube a try.

Allen1987 likes this.
  8. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Thats a really good honest review and i am sure will be of great help in helping others who may be looking at joining you in your chosen belt. As Allen has also said i too have worn the belt in most of its various forms and the original open sided cock tube although looking as though access could be taken advantage of, you would find it does not allow anymore access than you have with the extra added bars fitted. I had the extra bars added originally to my test version as i liked the look of the penis being " behind bars" and although i have had no issues with the extra bars rubbing the penis i think you might benefit by trying the standard open sided tube. I am surprised by what you mentioned about the keys? i seem to recall Joe getting these keys originally from a supplier who had suggested that there were a multitude of key configurations for the locks so where generic keys are being purchased from online is maybe something to be looked into. Where would you find the key code? unless you already had the original key?. The outer cage is as you mentioned can rub the inner thighs i find even more so without the rod fitted which pulls the cage in closer to the body, however with my enclosed cage there are no edges to catch against something that i have experienced a couple of times with the standard open sided style cage when worn without the cock ring and tube fitted underneath. As Allen also pointed out i think the tube needs to be not much longer if any than the standard length of the wearers flaccid penis on mine it is about half an inch longer at most. I do hope you keep us all informed of your progress any device however meticulous the owner is when measuring initially will find there is always a certain amount of compromise between what is 100% comfortable, secure, discreet, flexible, wearable and with careful and patient experimentation most will find a setup that works for them.

Behind Barz, Lucy and Allen1987 like this.
  9. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:
    A quick update on the keys. I contacted nichelocks.com who sell the 2607 High Security Computer Case Lock (same lock used by BB). If you buy locks keyed differently there are 500 different locks, and you get 2 random ones. If you buy keyed alike locks, these are all number 214. The keyed alike locks that came with my belt are also number 214. So I’ll get two new random locks from niche locks and that will solve the keying issue :)

mafsub likes this.
  10. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Thats interesting i know Joes still away at the moment but i will pass that on when he gets back, regarding the locks you may find that the locks will be flat faced whereas Joe has the face cut and filed to fit the locating stud which has a step in it to prevent being able to twist the lock? to undoe it without the key. As for the keys supplied i know on a few occassions when visitng the workshop i had attempted to open and close ccertain display belts only to find there were different keys i think at least four different locks had been fitted on various belts that were just sitting around, and it took me a while to figure out why the locks were not undoing.

11. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    I take back what i just posted i see the locks are supplied with the cut away section at the bottom edge so thats good, thanks for the information it may be another supplier Joe could use if he doesnt already.

12. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:
    Hello, the locks are identical, including the step. I bought one as a spare, and was surprised it was just the same as had come with my belt.

Do you know when Joe’s back? I’ve been trying to get in touch to get a new tube.

Thanks

13. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Hi sorry not sure when he is back in i think hes abroad on a jolly after Christmas, was going to pop over to the shop tomorrow until i noticed a post he made elsewhere. will try and find out

14. Houdini

Houdini Member

Local Time:
    Thank you, much appreciated.

15. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    Houdini,

Really great and informative review, thank you so much for taking the time to put it together! Behind Barz were not on my radar until a few weeks ago when I caught @Allen1987’s pics. After researching them and reading reviews like yours I’m convinced I need one

I was wondering if you ever went ahead with their suggestion re the Hannibal cage as I was looking at that myself (specifically the Hannibal 1)? I can’t say the aesthetics of the Hannibal line are any better/worse than the other cages they offer, but it seems like the Hannibal line would do a better job keeping things together and possibly preventing any soreness/abrasion caused by any parts of the scrotum sticking out between the bars on the other cages (very similar to what you were describing re the penis tube).

Side note: you mentioned a lower profile Hannibal cage in your post. Were you referring to the Hannibal lineup overall as lower profile or is there a specific cage in the Hannibal line that is lower profile?

Lastly, how did you go about measuring for the larger cock ring? I’ve read their guide but am still a little unsure how “tight” the string should be when trying to identify a fit. I will say, I am a little surprised by the max size of 50mm as it seems a tad small (as you mentioned).

Again, thank you so much for such a great and helpful review. hope everything is working out great.

TravelJoe

Behind Barz likes this.
  16. ccontrol

ccontrol Active member

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    Travel Joe,

I have the hannibal 2 and I have very little trouble with abrasion on my thighs -- especially compared to my Carrara. The BB shield is more compact AND smoother, so it is much easier on the thighs. Also unlike the Carrara, the BB shield rim does not need to press against your body, so there are fewer pressure points.

I do recommend taking time to smooth off any edges you find anywhere on your BB belt when you receive it. I used a dremel tool, but you can use a metal file and some fine grit metal sandpaper. My skin seems to have a way of reaching out and finding every possible edge or pinch point in any belt I've worn.

The ring in a BB belt doesn't need to be small to improve security like it would on a ball-trap device. Better to err on the large side, and I recommend the oval ring over the round one. That said, I did curve the ring slightly using a bench vice to make it fit my body better.

Behind Barz likes this.
  17. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply @ccontrol!

It's funny you compared BB to Carrara as I was doing EXACTLY the same thing, ha. I'm really glad to hear your comments re the abrasion, that was definitely a concern I had with the hannibal line.

In regards to your point about the smoothing, can you do so without marking/scratching the surface (assuming you go with the normal stainless steel finish)? I don't have a dremel but it would be easy enough to get some sandpaper. I assume any rough spots would be due to the welds...

Also thanks for the suggestions around the ring (pun intended). I have had to curve a ring in the past, so that makes perfect sense, but I hadn't thought about the security aspect. Looks like I'll go up a few sizes to a 55.

Again, thanks for taking the time to put down your thoughts - the community does it again :)

TravelJoe

18. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    @travel joe hi I was the original tester and named the Hannibal cages. My final version was a little smaller and works perfect.

IMG_20151010_3851.jpg
    They are amazing belts.
    Hugs
    Lucy

Allen1987, Behind Barz and travel joe like this.
  19. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    it looks very roughly hewn.

20. ccontrol

ccontrol Active member

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    My issue was with edges, not welds. You see the narrow gaps between plates in the Hannibal shield? Imagine a fold of your skin getting pressed into one of them.

Almost all of the smoothing work I did was on the inside, because that's where my sensitive skin that was affected is. If you find you need to smooth anything on the outside, and you want to maintain that unblemished look, proceed with caution. Try to apply abrasion to the edges and not to the surface. Be ready to go with finer and finer grit, and then perhaps with polish.

But the only friction issue I had on the outside was with the edge of one plate rubbing against my thigh, and I fixed it with a rubber mallet, not with abrasives. A corner of the plate protruded ever so slightly above the surrounding surfaces, and I was able to nudge it in line.

Please note that I have seen very few people having issues with sharp edges on BB belts -- I think this has a lot to do with how sensitive MY skin is. YMMV.

At the same time, my advice to first-time purchasers of steel belts is to be ready to make many adjustments to your belt to get it just right for your body. There is no way Joe or any other maker can produce something that fits you exactly, no matter how many measurements you provide him.

Be ready to bend things, to smooth things, to try different sizing configurations if it is adjustable, and to send it back to the manufacturer for tweaks that you can't do at home.

I would go so far as to say that you should budget for changes that you need to pay for. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if you want something as hard-core as a steel belt to fit on your body long-term, you need to commit to a process of trial and error and adaptation.

Behind Barz likes this.
  21. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

I would imagine it would be a bit like spooning with a crane?

22. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Thank you for your comments @Mascara^Snake but you have been asked before to stop making derogatory comments about this product having no experience of it yourself.

Your posting rights on this thread have been suspended.

23. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    We're all entitled to express opinions, but a bit of history... mascara snake has some kind of vendetta against the manufacturer that has been going on for years. Members complained about her biased comments and jens politely asked her to desist, she carried on and ended up being banned because of it.

She is unable to comment further on this thread for that reason.

24. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Suffice to say that as it seems negative comments are not allowed to be posted about bbs' belts I will say nothing more about them and people are free to speculate about my opinion of them

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  25. chastiff

chastiff Long term member

Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    I like the look of the device, but if the negative criticism is getting suppressed, it lowers my trust in the brand. I wonder what else the manufacturer/CM doesn't want people to know

the positive reviews don't mean much if negative reviews get deleted

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice