Reversed Images

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by filltee, Oct 3, 2020.

1. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    5:09 PM
    There never seems to be an ideal place to say this.
    I suppose I'm bringing this up its because I find it annoying and I suppose I ought to be more tolerant.

But why do people take photos and then not correct the orientation before posting them. Presumably folks would not post them upside down ... well most wouldn't ... so why post them as mirror images especially where there is some writing or text involved.

I have even seen advertisers do it which makes me very loathe to consider buying their products.

If it because the Poster has not realised ....then no harm done but they really ought to be more attentive
    If its because the Poster does not know how ....then I empathise..
    If its because the Poster can't be bothered .....then to be honest if knew that I would be slightly contemptuous of them

2. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    With advertisements it seems to happen when someone decides the reverse composition is more desirable but for some reason doesn’t look closely enough to notice there’s text. That is sloppy and doesn’t reflect well on whatever is being advertised

When individuals post a reversed image, I usually assume it’s a photo from a mirror. I don’t know any other reason a typical camera would reverse an image. In that case it doesn’t really bother me, because it’s a true image from the photographer’s point of view.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice