Retaining Ring Pinching Intermittently

Discussion in 'Lori Devices' started by PorkChamber, Mar 15, 2020.

1. PorkChamber

PorkChamber Active member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    Just curious if anyone else experienced the tugging/clamping/pinching feeling randomly throughout the day. I’ve only been wearing mine a few hours, but if I sit down, it happens and is painful.

If this is the case, it seems that thiswork for an occasional toy, but not something I could wear daily. Am I the only one? I believe I finally have everything fitting correctly.

2. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    I don't have one yet, but this gets me wondering about something. If you tend to be a grower/shrinker (I guess everyone is, some more than others), when you shrink, doesn't that activate the retainer ring to clamp down, just as if you're trying to pull out?

3. PorkChamber

Local Time:
    The way the cage is sized, it measures while your flaccid. You won’t grow. Everything sits nicely in place and erections make everything tighter, but mine doesn’t even push away from the body. They also dissipate very quickly after the teasing is over in my case. I’m an extreme grower and the only time I notice an issue is when I sit in a way that normally makes it “turtle.”

This is an amazing device for growers.

Danny15 and hardbodysub like this.
  4. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I'm thinking that it is probably better to size the length of a Lori's cage to fit when you're even smaller than "normally flaccid." Like a little shrunk, but not quite turtled. That way you will pretty much always fill the cage to the end. If the length fits your average normal length, when you shrink a bit, the retainer ring might pivot back and pinch. My Mature Metal Jailbird fits perfectly most of the time, but there can be nearly an inch free at the end when I'm in "shrinkage" state. I can imagine that if that happened with a retainer ring, it might be a problem.

I also wonder if the diameter of the cage should be larger if you go shorter. Since you can't grow longer with an attempted erection, will a little space to expand in girth be a good idea? My Jailbird is sized so that it's snug in "normal" flaccid state; I can't just push it on, I need to use the stocking method to pull into it.

bondinchas likes this.
  5. Petey

Petey Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    I have some experience with this that:
    I used to have a 2a with no retainer ring. It was very small, so pretty secure, but I had issues with irritation around the base ring, and problems keeping clean because there was no room to clean or dry myself properly.
    So I ordered a new 8C (see avatar) that was slightly larger and more open design (but still small - only my flacid size). The retainer ring helps with the security, while the slightly bigger cage and open design allows better cleaning.

As far as the pinching goes, I experienced this too. The pinching in my case was some skin getting stuck between the retainer ring and the main part of the cage since the retainer ring was just barely smaller than the inside diameter of the cage.
    I then realized I could probably use a smaller retainer ring. So I used a dremmel tool to cut a small piece out of the ring and pinch it together into a smaller diameter. Problem solved! The retainer ring is now even more secure, and it doesn't pinch skin between the cage and the ring. There is more space for it to 'pivot' freely without pinching skin.
    Now I just need to make sure the cut part of the ring is in the right position so that cut part doesn't pinch anything! Any tips to 'glue' the ring back into a complete circle? I don't have a stainless welder. Solder maybe?

hardbodysub likes this.
  6. PorkChamber

Local Time:
    I actually did that same thing. Once I realize the retainer ring was too big, I decided to size myself with a rubber O-ring. The ring turned out to be the perfect size, so I cut it and glued the O-ring into the pin that holds the retainer ring in place. The O-ring is plenty to hold everything where it needs to be with no pinching.

Also, there is no way to cut the rubber O-ring while the device is on. There’s no way I could reach it if I wanted to. I do plan to take the metal ring and have it welded, but so far the rubber O-ring is working perfectly and still no possibility of escape.

I considered soldering it myself, but I will just take it to be welded shut.

Now, because Lori insisted that I was measuring incorrectly and that I get a smaller bass ring, I’m just dealing with a ton of ball burn. She offered to resize for free, but I’m in the process of losing weight and that 1/4” difference should be fine in the next few months.

7. lokdnsteel

lokdnsteel Long term member

Supervisor
    FLORIDA, USA
    Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    When I received my new custom Lori with retainer anti pullout ring back in February, I wore it for the first 24 hours (maybe too long). I did realize I had a very tiny sore spot where the stem and retainer meet. I let it heal and then began to more gradually increase the wear time and now am happy to report no new issues. I did send the device back to Ms Lori for other alterations unrelated to the retainer. I believe if you get the size correct that you shouldn’t have any issues. The retainer does a very effective job against pulling out of the cage and I highly recommend this device for security!!

PorkChamber and durango_o like this.
  8. NewLifer89

NewLifer89 Active member

Firefighter
    United States
    Local Time:
    I ordered mine and this was a concern for me. Because I turtle anytime I sit. So I was told to measure and then subtract I think it was a 1/4" or 1/2" for turtling. Hopefully this will be okay. Ill find out when I get mine. She has a 4 month turn around right now.

PorkChamber likes this.
  9. PorkChamber

Local Time:
    Good luck. Mine is in for resizing right now and I’ve been told I should be getting it soon. I sent it out about a month ago. I’m patient though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice