Retained tube designs

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by castmenow, Oct 18, 2022.

1. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:42 PM
    Earlier in the year I posted about a self design I was working for for a tube device with a retainer ring similar to the Lori type retainer ring which holds on behind the head. I posted some details about an early prototype and put some photos up. This thread covers where the design has got to and provides links to the 3D files on TinkerCAD and Thingiverse.

Mesh version

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/iAcLFqxSlaE

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573522

Closed version

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/eMVhmiZNd3d

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573533

It is printed in 3 parts, a retainer ring, the tube and the head. The tube can either be a long, medium or short length, about 80mm, 60mm and 40mm respectively. The head cover is about 20mm long giving total lengths of 100mm, 80, and 60mm. The tube is about 35mm inside diameter. There are 5 sizes of retainer ring available from 22mm ID to 26mm ID. standard flat ring or a curved ergonomic ring. The head cover is held in place a "stealth lock", "magic locker" or "integral lock" common on many chastity cages.

The shaft is pulled through the tube, perhaps with a stocking, the ring is then fitted behind the head and the pivot of the ring fitted into the recess in the tube. The head cover is then fitted over the lip at the top and into place. The lock is then installed. You may need a thin piece of stiff card to push any loose bits of skin / rear bulge of the head out of the way when the head cover is closed to stop it getting pinched between the two halves.

Here is a screengrab on the complete device and the device without the head to show how the retainer ring sits into a recess in the tube and is then locked in place when the head cover is attached. This is the long version.
    Mesh tube long 1.JPG Mesh tube long 2.JPG

Here is the long version of the device as printed.
    DSD00671 (Custom).JPG DSD00674 (Custom).JPG

Here are the stages of fitting, the tube, then the ring, then the head cover. Taking the picture slowed things down and my head was starting to grow with all the attention, putting it on needs to be done quickly before you start getting excited.
    DSD00675 (Custom).JPG DSD00678 (Custom).JPG DSD00679 (Custom).JPG

Finally, a shot of the tube being pulled hard and showing how the retainer rig stops pull out. OK if lubed up and something pushed through the mesh to hold the ring you could probably pull out. If you test the retainer ring like this you will find that things do not return to the same comfortable position as when you first put it on, so this is a real disincentive to pulling on things.
    DSD00683 (Custom).JPG

I have also designed a closed tube version which has the same geometry but I have not printed one of these to date.
    Closed tube long 1.JPG Closed tube long 2.JPG

2. MouseJstr

MouseJstr Active member

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    This is a great design.. the engineer in me is thinking hard about the various aspects of this

I love how it should be both easy to keep clean AND it will keep your penis under almost a perfect tension which will help settle the whole tube against your body.... eliminating the need for any kind of straps

The hinge mechanism (for the inner ring) might have an issue collecting "stuff"... hmm

Now I want to experiment with it..

hardbodysub likes this.
  3. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Here are some further notes on the design prompted by questions I received by PM.

1. There is a reference to standard flat ring or a curved ergonomic ring. There are only flat rings, the text was copied from another design and edited but I missed this bit.
    2. The retainer rings are the same for both the mesh and closed versions so you only need to print out one set.
    3. I printed the mesh version with ASA because I thought PLA would be too brittle. PETG would also be a good choice. The best would be nylon but that would probably need a printing service such as Sculpteo. The closed device could be printed from anything really, I have done tube devices from PLA, but again PETG or ASA would be better.

4. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    This is the one flaw in the design, the hinge has to be at the bottom. It may be possible to move the lock to the top with the retaining hook at the bottom so that some drainage / cleaning holes could be left into the recess the retainer ring slots into.

I may have a look into this.

subboy1 and hardbodysub like this.
  5. MouseJstr

MouseJstr Active member

Local Time:
    Would it be ok if I took these designs and experimented myself with them?

6. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have no problems with you taking the designs at all, it is the one reason I have put the TinkerCAD files out there so people can take a copy and work on it rather than just having the STL files. Hopefully it will evolve into something better and if it does come back and pass that design on.

One warning on the the mesh design the TinkerCAD engine can be quite slow to do operations like merge and unmerge. The head as it is made up of lots of small rods and spheres, so lots of components. The tube is made up of fewer objects I found a nice shape generator that made spirals, but these spirals are multifaceted in all directions so this again takes time to process..

7. captain midnight

perth
    Local Time:
    8:42 PM
    3d printed locks. I have around 10 different designs as well. I really liked yours. it makes me thinking it could be a good idea. anyway all locks have to fight flaccid member to not escape, which is not easy. I appreciate your efforts and genuine design. hats off to your design. keep me updated with improvements.

hardbodysub likes this.
  8. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    Have you considered including a base ring too? I understand that a lot of guys have trouble with the TBD design, and don’t want a base ring, but a lot of us don’t have a problem with it, and like the additional confinement it provides. We just want the retainer ring to prevent pullout, not to replace the base ring.

9. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I’m confused by this. From what I can see, the hinge IS at the bottom.

10. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    You have to read it in context, i.e. Someone had said the hinge being at the bottom was a proble as it would collect gunge, I replied that yes, it (collecting gunge) is a problem, but the hinge needs to be at the bottom (for it to work).

hardbodysub likes this.
  11. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have done normal trapped ball designs but not published them apart from the spiked punishment cage. I could easily add a base ring to the current design but being a straight tube it might not be very comfortable. If I designed one I would look at a curved tube and try to avoid the bulky lock at the head end. Something for the future perhaps.

hardbodysub likes this.
  12. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
  13. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Great looking devices!

14. ShaysSub

ShaysSub New member

Local Time:
    5:42 AM
    Big favor to ask. I actually 3D printed the closed cage and have been having great success with it. However, the circumference of the tube is probably 10-15% larger than would be ideal. I have no idea how to edit this sort of thing.

Could someone possibly reduce the tube size and link a revised file?

15. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    The design files are on TinkerCAD, links in the first post for anyone to modify. I can take a look but it will not be until late October.

16. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    1:42 AM
    Really nice work.

17. Audrey_CD

Audrey_CD Long term member

Volunteer
    Gloucestershire in the UK
    Local Time:
    I don't know how I missed this thread when it was first published. I coincidentally found it on Thingiverse a couple of days ago and I'm just about to create a make post on there.

It's great. I thought that the fine mesh would have no strength, but is is surprising robust (a bit like a Welington bomber).
    The rings work well, but as the owner of a PA piercing I have designed a hook that uses the same attachment point as the rings. I will upload that on Thingiverse too.

18. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Drop a link to your Thingiverse PA hook as others may be interested. It will be much more secure than the retaining ring, unluckily I do not have a PA. The tube is very resilient, I printed mine in ASA (enhance.d ABS) for higher strength. The only thing that worries me about the mesh cage is if it was subject to an impact load in some sort of accident, the small mesh could cause some cuts if it cracked. I have found the mesh comfortable as the "wire" diameter is large enough compared to the size of the holes.

Enjoy

19. Audrey_CD

Audrey_CD Long term member

Volunteer
    Gloucestershire in the UK
    Local Time:
    Will do. Might actually be a couple of days as it is in use and I suspect Thingiverse may have some limit on graphic photos!
    I used PETG which has some small amount of flex.

20. Holdingout1

Holdingout1 Member

Local Time:
    This design looks amazing. Outside of the lock discussion (above) I was wondering two things…does the straight nature of the tube make it hard to conceal? Also with the retainer ring have you experienced any bruising when getting hard in the cage?

I’m really encouraged by the retainer ring concept as a solution to pullout for non-pierced chastity lovers!!

21. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have not had issues with the retainer ring, the inside diameter of the tube is not much larger than the outside diameter of the retaining ring so I can not grow too much.

When wearing this cage I were supportive underwear and have the cage pointing upwards and across so it is not too noticeable, although if you know it is there you can pick out the shape of the lock block. Also, if you have something in your pocket on the same side it can tap the end of the cage to remind you of your caged condition.

22. ShaysSub

ShaysSub New member

Local Time:
    thanks! If you wanted to make one other improvement, this tab should be maybe 50% taller. It doesn't quite catch the notch in the top of the cap.

[​IMG]

hardbodysub likes this.
  23. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the heads up, I will look at it when I get chance. It clips fine on the mesh version, the tube version I printed was slightly different so I have not picked this isdue up.

24. ShaysSub

ShaysSub New member

Local Time:
    Thanks. As I look at it, maybe I need to try the mesh cage. The latch looks much more sturdy.

25. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Files updated in Thingiverse with a taller catch and a hole in the head cover.
    large_display_7f987048-8f94-4a90-a40d-1b071c150fcd.JPG

Thanks for the advice.

hardbodysub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice