Remote Keyholding w/Smart Lockbox

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by That Punk Ass, Jan 12, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    9:01 PM
    Hello,

Has anyone tried remote keyholding using a smart lock?
    I'm looking into the igloohome keybox3 as a remote lock box Mistress can use to control access to the chastity lock key.

The idea is my keyholder would sync the device to her phone then send the keybox to me.
    Mistress can then send me a one time use PIN to unlock the box.
    I would be trusted to put the key back and she could allow me to access to the key as she see fit.

Thoughts or other suggestions?

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    12:01 AM
    Do whatever she wants to do, she is your Mistress. See if she find it convenient.

3. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    Over the years we have tried various "technology" based approaches for keyholding. We tried the igloohome, dreamlover chronovault, kitchen safe, captured discipline safe, web controllable padlocks, chastikey website etc.

While the idea is exciting the reality of using them is less so. Needing the KH screw around with their phone "in the moment" doesn't really work very well. Opening a webpage and logging in to "extend lockup" - sounds good in theory but the reality is just a bit awkward. Some of the other options the interface is just too poor to work. Spin a wheel 30 revolutions for 2 days? Calculate the hours and minutes to open on Friday?

Add to this... most of the technology solutions have a "failsafe" or "emergency mode" something like that. If you do the setup, it's quite easy to give yourself access one way or another, which might ruin the effect for you.

The best "solution" we found was the plastic security seals. Easy to install and easy to verify the same seal is on and undamaged prior to release (and and random times for verification). Easy enough to check via picture or video chat. As for lockup duration moving the dates... just send an outlook or ICL calendar event to your KH - they can move the "meeting" any time they want and share feedback (or not). This way you can both use the tools (calendar, messenger, video chat) that you are used to. KISS (Keep it simple...)

This is just one opinion of course. It might be different in the case of a professional KH or a particularly tech-heavy HK. Would love to hear what works best for other members.

-droog

NsToy and Chase See like this.
  4. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    We did exactly this while my wife was on a lot of travel in 2019. It worked great. I carried it in my gym bag and was able to unlock for massage therapy appointments.

The IglooHome Smart KeyBox2 worked very well. It’s solidly built. I wish I had the version 3 at the time. You can mute the key press beep in the latest version. I found the version 2 a bit embarrassingly loud to operate in the field. :)

Security seals work great too but we liked the keyholding aspect.

Also the Igloohome security design is well thought out. She gave me one time pins. I didn’t have access to any master code for emergencies.

5. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    11:01 PM
    With all the hacking out there a remote device could have risks of someone taking control away from her. Guess I would stick to low tech. You could just wait till it was her convenience to access you key.

6. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    The igloohome device is not hooked up to the internet. It’s an incredibly clever design.

7. Tieme

Tieme Active member

Belgium
    Local Time:
    6:01 AM
    How does it work?

8. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    I could be wrong, but I think there's an algorithm that calculates a different PIN for every minute (or 5 minutes or whatever). Similar to those 2-factor authentification apps like Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, and so on. The phone app can hence calculate the correct PIN based on the current time (?) and tell you what numbers unlock the lockbox right now. But there's no Internet connection necessary, the KH can just send you the one-time unlock PIN in a text message and you can unlock the lockbox. But once re-locked, you'll need another PIN to unlock, so you can't cheat and unlock it again.

Peter Rabbit and Iron78 like this.
  9. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    If and when my lady decides to take charge of my rather than staying in her medicine cabinet. With my business travel this might offer her a solution.

I shall research this further in preparation. Have watched for methods to get through airport body scanners with being delayed or extra search. Time stamp photos before and after gate entry along with her knowing my location with GPS tracking had been plan with spare key with me.

Thanks for the tech update.

10. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    9:01 PM
    Thanks for the feed back everyone.

@sonhee is correct. The KH device has the "private signature key" for the algorithm and creates One Time Use PIN that can authenticate to the lock.
    The only Internet connection needed is the initial setup of the KH's device with the lock to sync the algorithm, device and app.

In addition the KH can set a PIN to be used in emergencies.

Mistress is thinking our first go should be earn one number of the PIN per task until I get the complete PIN for an unlock, self-edging, denial and re-lock ;).

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  11. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Thanks, I did some online review. When my lady decides to hold my keys I will be prepared to offer this idea if it suits her for my work travel. Would reduce a lot of photo reports to her. While maintaining the goal to stay locked on trips.

12. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    Yep @sonhee @That Punk Ass
    It’s like Authy and other rolling code security systems. I’m impressed with the security and feature set just from a geek level.

It can generate one time PINs and time windowed PINs, all without internet access for operation after set up. It’s a really nice product.

Iron78 likes this.
  13. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    I hope to need its service in the future to give her control of the key as I travel. If she decides to become my KH. Thanks

14. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    I suggested this to my madam, but she said my keys will remain in madams lock box with the spare set at her mothers house.

15. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Well airport security makes it tough. My lady needs a solution and control of keys. Looking for a proper method without creating extra pat downs or questions. We were traveling once and before cage use. My bra got me detained and recheck she was not happy for delay nor fo the public interface. The TSA was at least nice enough to declare it as suspenders as I was cleared. Better than its just his bra. But the pat down revealed to his hands what was there.

She doesn't think the world or TSA needs to know what I wear for her.

16. Arti_Rao

Arti_Rao Long term member

Local Time:
    9:31 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice